Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby mcjules Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:48 pm

The funny thing is that I don’t see string clubs like City etc letting their better younger players leave to join their competition. But they also seem to keep their better players in general.
Where did Bernardo come from? Guess where Delianov played youth football?
Pierias at Western United was a promising youngster at City. There's probably heaps more.
sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 pm

McJules is right - AHT needs to develop away from the AUFC setup and really mature as a well rounded player, not just an impact player off the bench. He can always come back to us, once he has learned how to work within a team structure and not try to win the match single handedly.

I know that this will not be a popular opinion, but this is actually the best possible outcome for both parties - AHT and the AUFC.
How????

Macarthur have the most stacked attack in the entire league and he probably won’t make their bench. AUFC on the other hand, have no depth whatsoever on the wings. If Carl actually played him in his preferred position, he’d be guaranteed a spot on the bench every week and getting the odd start when Goodwin and Halloran are unavailable.

This is entirely on Carl and his shitty management.
How many out and out wingers do Macarthur have? Not many.
They have so much depth across the front third. Noone, Juric, DDS, Oar, Lachlan Rose, Najjar, Ruhs. Of those Noone, Oar and Rose are out and out wingers while DDS was obviously bought in to play out wide with Davila playing as a 10.

Ruhs and Najjar can play out wide as well as Hollman and M’Mombwa.

Compare that depth to ours. We have just Halloran and Goodwin on senior contracts while Kitto can play anywhere down the left. Then we have to dip into the scholarship players. Our wing depth is literally non existent.
Last edited by sub007 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sub007

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:54 pm

Toure to go.
Kitto to stay.
:?

Regardless of the reasons I'm very disappointed to see such a talented player leave AUFC.
This could also affect Mo's relationship with the club.

B)
Kitto is more versatile and will feature more at LB so not really a fair comparison.

It sucks to see AHT's development stagnate under Carl. I can't fathom how he could be below Dukuly in the pecking order but that is Carl's opinion so we have to roll with it.

We have rusted-on starters in Halloran and Goody on the wing with Bernardo and Dukuly as Carl's backups so we do have depth in that position.

I wish him all the best. Hopefully he kills it at the Bulls.
Let’s be honest, there’s absolutely no way Dukuly was getting picked on merit last season.

Also listening to the Adelaide United legends podcast, Cassio said Bernardo has been playing more as a 10 for the youth team.
Dukuly is 18 and a scholarship player, minutes off the bench is much more appropriate for him than Al-Hassan.
Strongly disagree. Scholarship contracts are for youth players who are in the verge of breaking into the first team, not for players who are regularly in the match day squad. Dukuly is also nowhere near go enough to be in the match day squad on a regular basis.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:10 pm

Mc, difference is that they already have strong squads, we don’t and can’t sign better quality aussies or imports and then let so many young players develop at league level and then leave as they get to the age they peak. We will never agree, all good. I think it’s shit and I’m over the way the club is run and judging by comments on socials, majority of Au fans agree.
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:18 pm

Mc, difference is that they already have strong squads, we don’t and can’t sign better quality aussies or imports and then let so many young players develop at league level and then leave as they get to the age they peak. We will never agree, all good. I think it’s shit and I’m over the way the club is run and judging by comments on socials, majority of Au fans agree.
Pretty much.

Worst part is that the club had a plan which sounded really great and sacked a successful and popular coach because they didn’t think he suited the clubs vision only to employ two ordinary coaches and completely go away from said plan.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:07 am

I think the main issue. Is that AHT has already proven in his first season he's certainly at the very least A-League standard. Personally I think we need to look at why the club doesn't think they can get him back to the level he's already displayed he can.
This move IMO is more a reflection on the club's ability to develop their best talent.
If the club is allowing players to leave to rival clubs to aid their development then I think they should just give up now.
Time to Djbate!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:29 am

Stuckey, agree 100%. Delianov and Cavallo barely played and were unproven when released, Where I reckon AHT would be welcomed by pretty much any Aleague club.
This one definitely stinks of a fall out and time will tell if his brothers follow suit.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:41 am

Pretty much.

Worst part is that the club had a plan which sounded really great and sacked a successful and popular coach because they didn’t think he suited the clubs vision only to employ two ordinary coaches and completely go away from said plan.
AUFC's last coach sacking was Rini Coolen. He didn't have much of a genuine vision.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:23 am

McJules is right - AHT needs to develop away from the AUFC setup and really mature as a well rounded player, not just an impact player off the bench. He can always come back to us, once he has learned how to work within a team structure and not try to win the match single handedly.

I know that this will not be a popular opinion, but this is actually the best possible outcome for both parties - AHT and the AUFC.
How????

Macarthur have the most stacked attack in the entire league and he probably won’t make their bench. AUFC on the other hand, have no depth whatsoever on the wings. If Carl actually played him in his preferred position, he’d be guaranteed a spot on the bench every week and getting the odd start when Goodwin and Halloran are unavailable.

how much sleep did you get last night? you're acting like Al is your son lol.

sometimes you gotta take your fan hat off and put your club hat on.

The toure family and club both agreed to this, it wasn't like it was one sided - Musa & Mo are still on our books and theyre the 2 more talented brothers.

Al is soon to be 22 and needs to be playing regularily, i think we all can see that - he's not going to get that with us, so its best for both parties to move on.

I dont want to sound harsh but you're acting like he is a prolific goalscorer, hes not. How many games has he played all up 40+ and scored how many goals? 6? 7?

he's never been the same player since he got crocked under arnie for the u23s, he is already injury plagued and thats not going to change in a different enviroment.

how much do you think we would've got for him had he been sold? i doubt 100,000 grand - like i said hes injury riddled and not scored many goals.

potential/prodigy are just words, hes 22 soon - both these words cant be used to describe a fully grown man anymore.

it hurts to lose a homegrown player, but thats football - one door opens as one closes.

we have plenty of kids with potential in the front third across all age groups in south australia

fans need to realise we have no money, we're not meant to compete with the bigs teams in the league - the fact we do shows you how well the club is structured.

we have always been about youth development, al's no longer a kid and if im being brutally honest, he hasn't lived up to his promise.

no hard feelings, all the best and good luck in macarthur. I think hes going to struggle without his close knit family by his side and his injuries

you have to stop with the veart hate, he sees these players day in day out - his coaching badges are higher than any of our internet coaching badges.

veart has regularily introduced local homegrown youth into the side, as for his non SA recruits; like i said earlier his hands are tied because of out budget

losing Al is not the end of the world

the one issue i do have, is we should've swapped him for a player in a position we need from a rival club
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:54 am

Pretty much.

AUFC's last coach sacking was Rini Coolen. He didn't have much of a genuine vision.
I’m very obviously talking about Kurz. His contract technically wasn’t renewed but he pretty much was sacked.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:31 pm

I'm more concerned that the 'Spanish project' was effectively thrown away for Kurz.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:34 pm

So much hate on here.

I’m disappointed with some of the exits, but AHT isn’t anywhere near top of that list. Would have been happy for him to stay, but don’t think we’ll miss him.

Loving having a club that promotes local youth every year looking to give them a chance. The flip side to promoting local youth every year is that you can’t keep them all. At some point they either nail down a starting position or you have to let them go. If not at age 22, then when.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:44 pm

Pretty much.

I’m very obviously talking about Kurz. His contract technically wasn’t renewed but he pretty much was sacked.
I'd take Carl over Kurz any day, played the most boring football we ever had and was happy to see him moved on. As TheClaw says we can't always agree and that's completely fine.

The only solution I've seen is that we kept Al Hassan as a backup. He didn't want that and the club understood that. The club were within their rights to keep him but they'd rather keep good terms with the player.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:06 pm

I'm more concerned that the 'Spanish project' was effectively thrown away for Kurz.
One of the biggest tragedies of our club both from a membership and football philosophy perspective. We played beautiful football but on a budget and in the end saving money was more important to the then owners. Our current owners came with a lot of promise and haven't delivered.

I want to see a lot more from Carl this year, he needs to show us he has a plan B (not just throw on 3 teenage strikers at 80 mins) and that he can get more out of the players we have. As I said after last season, I don't necessarily want Carl to go but I do want him to improve.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:16 pm

How????

How many out and out wingers do Macarthur have? Not many.
They have so much depth across the front third. Noone, Juric, DDS, Oar, Lachlan Rose, Najjar, Ruhs. Of those Noone, Oar and Rose are out and out wingers while DDS was obviously bought in to play out wide with Davila playing as a 10.

Ruhs and Najjar can play out wide as well as Hollman and M’Mombwa.

Compare that depth to ours. We have just Halloran and Goodwin on senior contracts while Kitto can play anywhere down the left. Then we have to dip into the scholarship players. Our wing depth is literally non existent.

I agree, this one reminds me of Apostolous Stametalopolous leaving to get more minutes.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”