Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: 2022 World Cup Qualifiers - Socceroos

Postby blahblah Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 pm

Coming around again soon.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Any word on where its being played? Seeing conflicting articles.

I actually like the idea of us playing as much as possible in Qatar. Should we qualify the place could be very homely for us.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: RE: Re: 2022 World Cup Qualifiers - Socceroos

Postby EdDog Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:03 pm

I actually like the idea of us playing as much as possible in Qatar. Should we qualify the place could be very homely for us.
I saw an announcement saying they were trying to get these games into Sydney but I don't see how they could realistically do this given the rona outbreak there.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Qatar was mentioned however the FFA have the match location as TBC. Surely it's too late in the day to have it anywhere other than Qatar.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:47 am

I'd rather Qatar. I'd hate to see any of the squad held up and can't take part. Or held up leaving and jeopardising their spot with their club.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:25 am

Looks like it may be in Australia. Can't say I'm pleased as the risk of it all going to s*&t at the 11th hour is very high.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2021 ... ome-games/
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:00 am

blahblah

Postby blahblah Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:47 pm

Squad is in for the upcoming fixtures and there is nothing dramatic. A couple of players switched, mainly due to injury than anything. Happy to see Karacic back, also nice that Arzani has actually played some club football.

Daniel ARZANI (Lommel SK, Belgium, Aziz BEHICH (Giresunspor, Turkey), Martin BOYLE (Hibernian FC, Scotland), Milos DEGENEK (Red Star Belgrade, Serbia), Kenneth DOUGALL (Blackpool FC, England), Mitchell DUKE (Fagiano Okayama, Japan), Callum ELDER (Hull City AFC, England), Denis GENREAU (Toulouse FC, France), Rhyan GRANT (Sydney FC, Australia) Ajdin HRUSTIC (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Jackson IRVINE (FC St. Pauli, Germany), Chris IKONOMIDIS (Melbourne Victory, Australia), James JEGGO (Aris Thessaloniki, Greece), Fran KARACIC (Brescia Calcio, Italy), Awer MABIL (FC Midtjylland, Denmark), Ryan MCGOWAN (Kuwait SC, Kuwait), Riley MCGREE (Birmingham City FC, England), Aaron MOOY (Shanghai Port FC, China PR), Tom ROGIC (Celtic FC, Scotland), Mathew RYAN (Real Sociedad, Spain), Trent SAINSBURY (KV Kortrijk, Belgium), Harry SOUTTAR (Stoke City FC, England), Adam TAGGART (Cerezo Osaka, Japan), Lawrence THOMAS (SønderjyskE Fodbold, Denmark), Danny VUKOVIC (NEC Nijmegen, Netherland)
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:19 pm

Excellent performance. Excellent result. It goes without saying (or should) that our heart and effort were excellent, but I thought our technical ability was superb as well, across all positions. I thought we looked dangerous in attack as well as solid in defence. Bring on Japan!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:51 am

Excellent performance. Excellent result. It goes without saying (or should) that our heart and effort were excellent, but I thought our technical ability was superb as well, across all positions. I thought we looked dangerous in attack as well as solid in defence. Bring on Japan!
I thought we were a bit slow across the back, however looked better when Karacic came on for Grant. He should start against Japan.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:07 am

Is it just me or is it amazing that we've only lost 8 competitive games since the 2014 WC. Germany and France are 2 sides that have beat us as well.
Its pretty amazing what Ange created and Arnie is now continuing.

Bring on Japan hopefully their woes continue but I'd be overjoyed with a draw to keep them 6 points away from us. Then fingers crossed we'll be able to welcome the Saudi's to our shores for next round.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:14 pm

Pretty unlucky to come away with nothing. A draw would have been a fair result IMO. I think the only area of disappointment is the lack of fitness we're been able to get into Mooy. I think a fully fit Mooy could have been the difference. I wonder why he wasn't given more game time against Oman to build up to Japan?

Hopefully things stay on track from a COVID perspective here in Oz and we're able to host the Saudi's here. That will be a massive boost.
Time to Djbate!
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Pretty unlucky to come away with nothing. A draw would have been a fair result IMO. I think the only area of disappointment is the lack of fitness we're been able to get into Mooy. I think a fully fit Mooy could have been the difference. I wonder why he wasn't given more game time against Oman to build up to Japan?

Hopefully things stay on track from a COVID perspective here in Oz and we're able to host the Saudi's here. That will be a massive boost.
Agree that I think we were worth a point. But I do think we played Japan back into form.

Arnie's mind set is like Ange, go out for the 3 points every game. But it seemed to me that the players were playing within themselves (not playing for a draw as such, but happy for it to be a draw).
I thought we were slower moving the ball at the back (no urgency), keeper deliberately slow from early on, midfield not pressing as hard as usual, wide defenders didn't push as far down the line as usual.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:46 am

Agree that I think we were worth a point. But I do think we played Japan back into form.

Arnie's mind set is like Ange, go out for the 3 points every game. But it seemed to me that the players were playing within themselves (not playing for a draw as such, but happy for it to be a draw).
I thought we were slower moving the ball at the back (no urgency), keeper deliberately slow from early on, midfield not pressing as hard as usual, wide defenders didn't push as far down the line as usual.
Definitely. Behich needed to get further forward so often. The midfield were so often looking for a wide outlet but he was always too deep to keep the attack moving.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:49 pm

I see Behich cannot get out of Turkey due to snow so King is likely to start as LB tonight.

We should be decent tonight, however it's a race for third now.

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”