Preview AUFC vs MV 17/1/20

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Preview AUFC vs MV 17/1/20

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Its really interesting how divided we are on verbeeks comments.

Professionally I have worked under managers on both ends of the spectrum and I prefer the brutally up front and honest variant, while conversely I have seen perfectly capable employees capitulate under such a manager.

Given the manager appears to be part of the owners long term plans rather than any one particular player, I would think its a case of embrace it or leave which would in turn allow the club to find a player with a mentality suited to the manager.

Im not sure Verbeek really went after Kitto intentionally though, he was asked a question and answered honestly. For all we know he have applogised to Kitto.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 am

Our Great Leader's style is known to be "authoritarian and headstrong" .

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertjan_Verbeek

Hold on to your horses the ride is just about to start! :mrgreen:

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:33 am

Michael Marrone talks to the media.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:05 am

Hopefully a decent crowd turn up. I see the abortion of a sport big bash is on in adelaide the same night.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:20 am

I have worked a lot of Danes and with the Dutch on occasions; both being straight talkers. I dont' mind their approach though it can be difficult if you are rather thin skinned.
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Professionally I have worked under managers on both ends of the spectrum and I prefer the brutally up front and honest variant, while conversely I have seen perfectly capable employees capitulate under such a manager.

Given the manager appears to be part of the owners long term plans rather than any one particular player, I would think its a case of embrace it or leave which would in turn allow the club to find a player with a mentality suited to the manager.

Im not sure Verbeek really went after Kitto intentionally though, he was asked a question and answered honestly. For all we know he have applogised to Kitto.
Sorry but it is a completely different situation, go into Kitto privately all you want but going at him in a presser is very risky for me. Then the crowd are going to get on his back and it just makes a wedge between the coach and the players.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Adelaide United squad: 2.Michael MARRONE, 4.Ryan STRAIN, 5.Michaël MARIA, 6.Vince LIA, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.Riley McGREE, 11.Kristian OPSETH, 14.George BLACKWOOD, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIĆ, 18.Lachlan BROOK, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (c), 23.Jordan ELSEY, 26.Ben HALLORAN, 27.Louis D’ARRIGO, 31.Mirko BOLAND, 33.Cooper NUNN, 37.Jai KING, 40.Dakota OCHSENHAM (gk)
**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 18.Lachlan BROOK (promoted), 31.Mirko BOLAND (returns from injury), 33.Cooper NUNN (promoted), 37.Jai KING (promoted)
Outs:
Unavailable: 10.James TROISI (hamstring), 24.Pacifique NIYONGABIRE (adductor), 29.Kusini YENGI (knee), 30.Isaac RICHARDS (knee), 35.Al Hassan TOURE (international duty), 36.Noah SMITH (foot)
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Hopefully a decent crowd turn up. I see the abortion of a sport big bash is on in adelaide the same night.
I can see your thought bubble, but I agree with you about that crap is for the kids and anyone who goes along for any other reason than to be a good dad, is a spectator that loves American over the topism, a person who's reason for loving sport is skew-wiff.
A spectator who doesn't watch football to entertain kids but to be engrossed in the whole game is who we want and if anyone misses the game they're not a loss at all, rather someone who needs to answer some inner questions of themselves.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Woooweeeee! Verbeeks presser was a bit of a corker. The journalistas of adelaide will have a field day with it.

I would suggest anyone interested in any particular reported comments watch the presser in full before judging.

Personally I find Verbeek incredibly refreshing and I wish there were more people in the modern landscape willing to be abruptly honest.

It will certainly divide fans, however any of his close to the bone comments appeared well thought out and honest in my opinion.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:45 pm

That was intense! Talk about not mincing words.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Preview AUFC vs MV 17/1/20

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:16 pm

That was intense! Talk about not mincing words.
He really didn't let the journos steer the conversation to spin their stories. I like it, the more transparency around the club, the better IMO.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:06 pm

That was great and I personally found nothing the matter with it.
I don't know what spin is being put on it down there but he told them what we already know, surely.

I have the feeling that the journalists often ask a question but at the same time answer it themselves.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Damo

Postby Damo Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Loved Aussie Gerts response and how intense he is in those media interviews. His explanation of Kitto was very good. Will be interesting to see if he gives him a run again at LB and if Kitto responds. Journos really digging to find cracks but he wouldn't have a bar of it. I note he avoids Troisi move rumor.

There's also some twitter player agent account throwing fuel on the original rivalry flames by suggesting Troisi to Victory. Its catching a few fish.
https://twitter.com/MrWalkerAgent/statu ... 9895472129

I'm expecting a response from the boys tonight. Fire up Farken!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”