Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sevengoals Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:09 am

Agreed, Konstandopolous, Armiento, Pacifique, Margush, Brook - They should all be looking to do a stint.
Think their season runs March to December, no reason our guys should go there June-November for example.
Yes, especially as the rules around these kids playing NPL is very strict in SA. Couple that with the fact the NYL is an 8 game season. If these kids are lucky they might play 1000 mins of football this season. They could chalk that up in less than half a season if they got to go to China.
Welcome back Stuckey!
It good to have you posting again.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:51 am

Agreed, Konstandopolous, Armiento, Pacifique, Margush, Brook - They should all be looking to do a stint.
Think their season runs March to December, no reason our guys should go there June-November for example.
Yes, especially as the rules around these kids playing NPL is very strict in SA. Couple that with the fact the NYL is an 8 game season. If these kids are lucky they might play 1000 mins of football this season. They could chalk that up in less than half a season if they got to go to China.
Welcome back Stuckey!
It good to have you posting again.

B)
Thanks mate! Great to have time to be back!
Time to Djbate!
BenAD
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:33 pm

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... sions-reds

Awesome stuff, 3 years after this one. Its not often we give such long term contracts.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:19 pm

^^^
Now that is great news!

I love the vision!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:51 am

Amazing news. Finally AU are getting back to the Gombau/Amor period of building up young players, those players doing enough to warrant the club investing in them for the future. I hope these contacts include some healthy buy out clauses that can work for all parties.
Time to Djbate!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:56 am

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... sions-reds

Awesome stuff, 3 years after this one. Its not often we give such long term contracts.
Fantastic news!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Val has linked us with George Timothoeu.

He also reported that Strain and Halloran have attracted interest from other HAL clubs while Elsey is attracting interest from overseas for some reason despite the fact that he can't break into the starting XI.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Armiento released, signing for Victory in Janurary.

Disappointing, maybe not good enough to step up?

Edit-

After watching Bruce's December football update video, it seems like at 20 years old, he is ready to step up but not good enough to displace the current wingers ahead of him. He doesn't want to fade away and the club can't offer him gametime. Frees up a spot I guess for the next d'ariggo or toure to come through and make an impact when they get the chance. I see Elvis Kamsoba as "one that got away" to victory, I wonder if Armiento will be the same?
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:29 pm

I can completely understand him wanting to go and play somewhere- cant see him getting much time while Mileusnic and Halloran are fit, and he was prob behind Blackwood and Kitto in the pecking order too.

In a world where there were more teams In the comp maybe this could’ve been a situation where we could’ve loaned him out for a season to see if he could cut it with some prolonged exposure at the level. It does seem weird to me that he’s now going to Victory, hard not to imagine he’ll spend quite a lot of time watching kruse and nabbout from the comfort of the bench...
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Understandable if he's not gonna get game time.

I am putting my faith in Verbeek knowing what he is doing. He has already unearthed Toure and D'Arrigo. Toure wasn't even on a youth scholarship when he arrived.

Has Val already written an article about the talent drain of SA players to other teams whilst completely ignoring the fact our team is probably around 75% SA + there's only 11 spots in an 11 team league + only 26 games a season?
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Think Armiento will be up against Kamsoba for a spot but yeah when Nabbout-Toivenen-Kruse are up and about he'll be watching.

Thanks to MrKurz 1990 West German training philosophies, there'll be injuries all over the place, so he should get a run.

Would have been nice to loan him to China but otherwise good luck. I think he's maybe even behind Pacifique in our pecking order so a move is best for both parties.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Always sad to see a promising youth player go to a rival. Good luck to Carlo. Glad he's at least staying within the HAL framework.

While we're on the bye, I wonder what the club needs to get out of the Jan window. IMO I'd love to see AU pick up more defensive security. I think our DM areas and CB areas are both places the club could do with more quality. D'arrigo and Marrone have done good jobs there. But if AU are going to challenge for finals football I think that area needs work. Hopefully once Boland is fit that will give AU more stability.
Time to Djbate!
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Val has already signalled that George Timotheou, a strapping six foot three centre back, currently playing for a Belgian first division team Zulte Waregem), will be heading to the Reds in January. He is 22 years of age.We have chased him in the past when he was playing for the Sydney FC youth team. He actually ended up going to Schalke and played mainly in their reserve team. However, he made a first team appearance against Studghart. Sounds like a promising player. We shall see.
Reds United

Postby Reds United Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Val has already signalled that George Timotheou, a strapping six foot three centre back, currently playing for a Belgian first division team (Zultan Waregem), will be heading to the Reds in January. He is 22 years of age.We have chased him in the past when he was playing for the Sydney FC youth team. He actually ended up going to Schalke and played mainly in their reserve team. However, he made a first team appearance against Stuttghart. He sounds like a promising player despite the fact that he does not seem to be getting much game time currently. We shall see.
Reds United

Postby Reds United Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Val has already signalled that George Timotheou, a strapping six foot three centre back, currently playing for a Belgian first division team (Zulte Waregem), will be heading to the Reds in January. He is 22 years of age.We have chased him in the past when he was playing for the Sydney FC youth team. He actually ended up going to Schalke and played mainly in their reserve team. However, he made a first team appearance against Stuttgart. He sounds like a promising player despite the fact that he does not seem to be getting much game time currently. We shall see.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”