Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:12 pm

ADELAIDE United’s tight sister link with China’s Qingdao Red Lions is tipped to see about four Chinese players rewarded with a long stay in SA but none are expected to be A-League ready.

The Chinese can’t represent the Reds in the NPL due to an outdated Football Federation SA rule which states Adelaide United cannot field foreign players in its second team.

The ruling halted Barcelona legend Guillermo Amor’s teenage son Guille from playing NPL for the Reds.

He is now on the books of Barcelona.

Reds club officials have now contacted a few NPL clubs including Croydon Kings to see if they’re interested in signing Chinese players linked to Qingdao Red Lions.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/fo ... a6c4b4900f

The article doesn't say if they are youth players or senior players.
It would be very interesting to see what standard these players are. Even their first team squad would probably not be head and shoulders better than NPL level I'd imagine.
Hopefully the club can keep developing their relationship with the FFSA and the rules around the make up of their NPL side can become more flexible.
https://www.ffsa.com.au/board-members-landing-page
Looking at the current board you'd think the club would have a fair few friends considering how many on the board have direct links with the club. I know Francis Wong left the club to take on a role with the FFSA board. If there is anyone who expresses an interest in SA building relationships with Asia its him.

Otherwise I wonder if the could would look at entering a side in the FFSA? Malaysian side Harimau Muda did that in the 2014 QLD NPL season.
Time to Djbate!
sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:21 am

ADELAIDE United’s tight sister link with China’s Qingdao Red Lions is tipped to see about four Chinese players rewarded with a long stay in SA but none are expected to be A-League ready.

The Chinese can’t represent the Reds in the NPL due to an outdated Football Federation SA rule which states Adelaide United cannot field foreign players in its second team.

The ruling halted Barcelona legend Guillermo Amor’s teenage son Guille from playing NPL for the Reds.

Reds club officials have now contacted a few NPL clubs including Croydon Kings to see if they’re interested in signing Chinese players linked to Qingdao Red Lions.

It would be very interesting to see what standard these players are. Even their first team squad would probably not be head and shoulders better than NPL level I'd imagine.
Hopefully the club can keep developing their relationship with the FFSA and the rules around the make up of their NPL side can become more flexible.
Looking at the current board you'd think the club would have a fair few friends considering how many on the board have direct links with the club. I know Francis Wong left the club to take on a role with the FFSA board. If there is anyone who expresses an interest in SA building relationships with Asia its him.

Otherwise I wonder if the could would look at entering a side in the FFSA? Malaysian side Harimau Muda did that in the 2014 QLD NPL season.
The players are playing in the Chinese lower leagues so I doubt they're any good.

Do agree with improving the relationship with FFSA and having former AUFC employees at the FFSA could be very beneficial to us. The rules surrounding our youth sides are ridiculous.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 pm

The players are playing in the Chinese lower leagues so I doubt they're any good.

Do agree with improving the relationship with FFSA and having former AUFC employees at the FFSA could be very beneficial to us. The rules surrounding our youth sides are ridiculous.
If it's their first team players then they are currently playing in the 4th tier of Chinese Football. So I would expect them to be of a similar standard to our local players but that's obviously based on very little. It would be interesting to see a few of these players come over and see how they transition to football in Australia.

I'm not too fussed if the FFSA stood in the way of AU playing visa players in the NPL but I really wish they loosen the rules on HAL sign youth players. Blackwood, N.Konstand and the like would benefit greatly from more consistant game time.
Time to Djbate!
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:06 pm

If it's their first team players then they are currently playing in the 4th tier of Chinese Football. So I would expect them to be of a similar standard to our local players but that's obviously based on very little. It would be interesting to see a few of these players come over and see how they transition to football in Australia.

I'm not too fussed if the FFSA stood in the way of AU playing visa players in the NPL but I really wish they loosen the rules on HAL sign youth players. Blackwood, N.Konstand and the like would benefit greatly from more consistant game time.
It will be interesting for sure,

That's what I was referring to and I agree with you. Players like Georgie, Nathan K, Margush, etc, should be allowed to play. I think that we should have similar rules to what Perth have. Their NPL side is under 25's.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:08 pm

That's what I was referring to and I agree with you. Players like Georgie, Nathan K, Margush, etc, should be allowed to play. I think that we should have similar rules to what Perth have. Their NPL side is under 25's.
I think Perth had an NPL side for several seasons before AU could get one the line. I think NSW and Vic were the only states to move slower on this than SA did. Why the FFA doesn't just mandate a consistent rule for all HAL reserves sides and enforce it on federations is beyond me. Hopefully with the larger say HAL clubs have in the FFA this will be a positive change made in the near future.
Time to Djbate!
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:07 pm

I think Perth had an NPL side for several seasons before AU could get one the line. I think NSW and Vic were the only states to move slower on this than SA did. Why the FFA doesn't just mandate a consistent rule for all HAL reserves sides and enforce it on federations is beyond me. Hopefully with the larger say HAL clubs have in the FFA this will be a positive change made in the near future.
agree
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Chuang Tang, 22, Zhen Yu Diao, 23, and 16-year-old twins Zi Yuan Jiao and Zi Ming Jiao arrived in Adelaide last week from Qingdao.

They have been training with coach Paul Pezos’ Reds national youth league side at Angle Park.

They won’t be able to play in the competition or the Reds NPL side due to rules not allowing Adelaide’s second team to blood imports.

That is unless they are contracted to the A-League side or meet certain conditions such as owning a permanent resident visa, committing to play for Australia or have a refugee visa.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/fo ... f70ba69602
ShababHossain13
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby ShababHossain13 Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:36 am

Hi all,

I'm an aspiring sports journalist in Australia and I wrote a blog on Adelaide United's underlying stats and whether they belie their current results. Please have a read if you like! footballfinesseblog.wordpress.com/2019/ ... de-united/
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi all,

I'm an aspiring sports journalist in Australia and I wrote a blog on Adelaide United's underlying stats and whether they belie their current results. Please have a read if you like! footballfinesseblog.wordpress.com/2019/ ... de-united/
Just gave it a read, well-written. Since writing, AUFC have defeated Wellington 3-1 and just drew 0-0 to Melbourne City. That's an arrest of a poor run of winless form, taking 7 points from a possible 9, scoring four and conceding just one.

The A-League is a strange beast when it comes to statistics. If in-depth articles like this interest you, then there is a small niche to fill by writing technical analyses of matches. Leopold Method did this, but the journalists could not keep it up.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Thu May 30, 2019 3:33 am

This is one of the funniest things (and most bizarre) I've seen. What the hell happened here on 19 seconds!!???

https://youtu.be/DruMnLAQPmM
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu May 30, 2019 1:11 pm

This is one of the funniest things (and most bizarre) I've seen. What the hell happened here on 19 seconds!!???

https://youtu.be/DruMnLAQPmM
The Docklands Stadium curse.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Decent read from Bruce
https://www.athletesvoice.com.au/bruce- ... ured-sport

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:22 pm

Decent read from Bruce

Sure is.

I hope we can hold on to him for a few years, I really think he is a huge asset for the club and SA.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:58 am

Decent read from Bruce

Sure is.

I hope we can hold on to him for a few years, I really think he is a huge asset for the club and SA.
Hard to argue. He's been good for the club both on and off the field.
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:36 am

AUFC's entire staff - admin and football - have today been stood down.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”