Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Rojos
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Rojos Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 pm

I've no interest in Berisha.

Troisi at least comes from SA and although Val would be unbearable, if he had the right attitude *could* really offer us something.

His problem though will be his attitude which i doubt will change, expect Ken Ilso mkII.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:10 pm

I dont really care in ospeth can be lazy.

For a start define lazy, because he may have played for managers who wanted him to be fresh for the 2 or 3 match winning chances to score rather than closing down defenders with the ball for the half perfect chances.

Van dijk was considered lazy but provides a very big target upfront , was very agile with his back to goals and had times where he was prolific.

Bruce on the other could never be considered lazy, never stopped closing down defenders but is not known as a prolific goal scorer.

My point is on the surface bruce and van dijk are near identical in what they offered. Dig a little deeper and they are almost polar opposites who were used differently despite being target men and seemingly the same
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:38 pm

I've no interest in Berisha.

Troisi at least comes from SA and although Val would be unbearable, if he had the right attitude *could* really offer us something.

His problem though will be his attitude which i doubt will change, expect Ken Ilso mkII.
Troisi and his partner had a baby last month, he obviously couldn't negotiate the contract he wanted at MV, he's getting older and he's out of the socceroos picture.

Maybe these things are starting to humble him?

I think he's a good Aussie option in the A-league, if his attitude and price is right.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:54 pm

We will.never know if we don't take the chance.

Hes still quality, even if he's a flog
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:06 pm

We only want players who want to play for the team. Loving the introduction of youth players. Troisi has had his chances and every time he's fallen short or aimed too high. Not a good influence despite being a decent player. We need players like Isa, who came to us unheralded, worked his arse off to make the team better and left as a legend.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Jedinak is apparently available. Would be happy for the club to throw a bit of money at him and make him marquee.

Won't happen but I can dream.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:30 pm

Can't see it happening either but that signing would make our team very complete. Would be happy to fill the rest with youth and a young Chinese Messi. Plus may be Fabio Ferreira if he gets an Aussie Visa as backup experienced forward.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Loving the debate and differing viewpoints on how we should finish our squad.

Personally I think we need to sign 2 more players. We need a visa DM imo. This would allow Boland to play his natural box to box role while McGree plays as a 10. I think we need to get McGree as high up the park as possible as we all know he can score goals. This also means we won’t need Troisi.

We also need another defender to give cover and depth at CB. Having only 2 CB’s last season was a joke and completely unacceptable.

We also need to promote a youth player to ensure we have 3 u21 players in the squad. I’d love to see the club offer Toure a contract, whether that be a senior or a scholarship contract.

I’m also not sure why we need another striker. We already have Opseth, an improving Blackwood and Toure looks very promising as well.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Personally I think we need to sign 2 more players. We need a visa DM imo. This would allow Boland to play his natural box to box role while McGree plays as a 10. I think we need to get McGree as high up the park as possible as we all know he can score goals. This also means we won’t need Troisi.

We also need another defender to give cover and depth at CB. Having only 2 CB’s last season was a joke and completely unacceptable.

We also need to promote a youth player to ensure we have 3 u21 players in the squad. I’d love to see the club offer Toure a contract, whether that be a senior or a scholarship contract.

I’m also not sure why we need another striker. We already have Opseth, an improving Blackwood and Toure looks very promising as well.
Are you advocating for a traditional DM like Jedinak or someone who can set up our attacks like Isaias ?

Its not yet clear how verbeek will play in that regard but I have a feeling a Jedinak style DM will be the needed contrast to the attacking mids and overlapping defenders
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Are you advocating for a traditional DM like Jedinak or someone who can set up our attacks like Isaias ?

Its not yet clear how verbeek will play in that regard but I have a feeling a Jedinak style DM will be the needed contrast to the attacking mids and overlapping defenders
Jedinak style DM for the reasons you suggested. Our midfield seems unbalanced imo.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:01 am

Anyone know what this tweet could mean? Very cryptic but I'm hoping it has something to do with a signing we are about to make.Image
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:15 am

There have been communications to Germany to pay good money for a lines-man.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:39 am

Jedinak style DM for the reasons you suggested. Our midfield seems unbalanced imo.
McGree and Boland are very similar players: box to box CMs. We still definitely need a new CB, DM and probably a dedicated AM.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:53 am

There have been communications to Germany to pay good money for a lines-man.
I liked it.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:41 am

Am I the only person who thinks this rumour is fake?

I’ve seen nothing to suggest that The Walker is a real agent. The account reminds me of the fake journo accounts which steal rumours from elsewhere as well as making a few of their own up.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”