The Next Coach of AUFC

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: The Next Coach of AUFC

Postby The Claw Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:20 am

Was good to see the article from Rob Greenwood with Piet, interesting that Val is busy linking the job to pretty much any retired Italian player and his mates in Aust as usual, we got this.
My main question remains though, great that they see the need to improve development and relations with clubs, does the AU senior team exist to win trophies? I mean CCM have great junor pathways and facilities but are uncompetetive in the A-League- is that Piet's vision?
It seems to me that Kurz was focused on winning and not ensuring all juniors got game time which as a coach is completely reasonable and also what most fans are interested in. It also seems quite reasonable for fans to return in 2 years time when the 3 year plan is nearly up, as why should they stump up hard earned when clearly this season has never been seriously about winning the A-League.
And still don't buy that we shouldn't have signed a CB even from the NPL in January until the end of the season- just sends the message that we are not taking the season seriously...
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:32 am

The term "farm team" comes to mind.
I just had a terrible thought, what if a group of player agents have bought the club.

It is an under-scrutinised aspect of the Australian game, especially in the salary-capped A-League where almost two-thirds of players every season jostle for new deals. Richard Parkin delves into the world of agents, brokers and intermediaries
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -of-agents

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:15 am

The term "farm team" comes to mind.
I just had a terrible thought, what if a group of player agents have bought the club.

It is an under-scrutinised aspect of the Australian game, especially in the salary-capped A-League where almost two-thirds of players every season jostle for new deals. Richard Parkin delves into the world of agents, brokers and intermediaries
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -of-agents

B)
Would be awful.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:55 am

Piet was/is a player agent, I look at Jordy and for me he is a classic “farm team” signing, not getti game time so farm out hope he comes good and increase $$$ value. Nothing in the article makes me think we will be anything else to these guys as Piet seems to equate 2 players in the u17 China squad as a measure of success.... we have how many in each junior national team already????
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 am

Well he didn't exactly increase his $$$ value did he??

The Chinese team is a nice template, but the footballing landscape is vastly different there. Going to be a very long and very interesting off season.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:00 pm

So Piet is going to have a coffee with the potential coach in Europe next week.

MIKE SNOEI is a manager in Piet's agency.

From Wiki:
After joining Pune F.C. Snoei said that the approach he wants to take the club in is one where youth development is key to the clubs success.[7] After his first press conference as head coach of the club Snoei said "Our main objective is to develop youngsters at the club. In this season, you will see good young players getting a fair chance in the first team. Striking the right balance is of utmost importance".[7] He also said he would like to incorporate a Dutch style of play into the club.[7]
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:33 pm

He's currently coaching Telstar isn't he ??
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:35 pm

He's currently coaching Telstar isn't he ??
Yes and contracted to 2020. Just seems like the kind of guy we'll get. I think there is another Dutch / Bosnian trainer in Piets agency that has contract expiry at seasons end.

Given he's talking to someone he's known a while and European based we can rule out Mori.

Gombau was my pick of the bunch, never habe we combined youth development and competitiveness than under Gombau.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:46 am

Valkanis ticking all the boxes imo. Would be the perfect candidate.
Thoughts?
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:43 am

It's a no for me.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:36 pm

No from me too.

I want Gombau or "the next Gombau", I think it was the most enjoyable time to be an AUFC fan when he was our coach, playing decent football, developing kids, passion from both the coach and the fans, good imports and he was getting the most out of the Aussies in the squad.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:20 pm

Alex Pastoor is the frontrunner according to an Adelaide Now article that I can't ready due to the paywall.

Edit-

When you google Alex Pastoor, one of the top results is from a sbs world game article exactly 1 year ago today, listing him as a potential candidate for the Sydney FC coaching job after Arnie got called up to the NT.

RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 am

No from me too.

I want Gombau or "the next Gombau", I think it was the most enjoyable time to be an AUFC fan when he was our coach, playing decent football, developing kids, passion from both the coach and the fans, good imports and he was getting the most out of the Aussies in the squad.

Well he was Gombau's assistant. Thoroughly studied under him and seems a real student of the game who's taken coaching seriously. Gone on to further assist in Holland. Played for AU almost forever. Stayed a part of the club almost forever and is well connected to SA as well as Vic football. I'd imagine he'd be up for #1 gig and the owners would view him pretty favourably. Deserves a shot I reckon.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:39 am

Alex Pastoor is the frontrunner according to an Adelaide Now article that I can't ready due to the paywall.

Edit-

When you google Alex Pastoor, one of the top results is from a sbs world game article exactly 1 year ago today, listing him as a potential candidate for the Sydney FC coaching job after Arnie got called up to the NT.
Coached Goody too I believe.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:41 pm

No from me too.

Well he was Gombau's assistant. Thoroughly studied under him and seems a real student of the game who's taken coaching seriously. Gone on to further assist in Holland. Played for AU almost forever. Stayed a part of the club almost forever and is well connected to SA as well as Vic football. I'd imagine he'd be up for #1 gig and the owners would view him pretty favourably. Deserves a shot I reckon.
I don’t think he showed very much when given the opportunity at Melb Shitty, but it may not have been a good environment to shine.
There was some talk about him at AUFC as being divisive, but that’s gossip and you never know the agenda behind such comments. Was it Kossie having digs? Can’t recall.
I like the idea of old scholars coming back to the club and would welcome him.
Otherwise I think we will we get a Dutchman and some Dutch assistants and some Dutch players. They seem ok at football I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”