2018/19 Season Could be AUFC most important

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Totally_Red
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

2018/19 Season Could be AUFC most important

Postby Totally_Red Mon May 07, 2018 12:46 pm

I’ve been an Adelaide United Fan from the very beginning. As many long term fans we’ve been through many highs and low. To me the worse period of time was the last ownership. Although their intentions for the club may have been good, they did a lot of damage to the fan base.
This blame cannot just be put on the last ownership though. The FFA with the way they have run the league also contributed greatly.
2018/19 to be will be my deciding year of whether I continue to support Adelaide and the A-league in general. I say this because in today’s world we are not short of football teams to support. Technology has given us access to football from around the globe as easily as watching our local league. Preference would be to support and watch local football but for this to occur there has to be a feeling of connection with the club.
In the past the club has shown little respect towards fans and past players, coaches and support staff. Club legends like Travis Dodd and Cassio are two examples of this. This needs to change.
In 2018/19 season the new owners can show us how serious they are we rebuilding this club. There is no reason that Hindmash cannot be sold out every week which will then push our cause for a new stadium.
To do this our new owners need to bring back and acknowledge our great legends. Re-connect with the fans. Realize that they are not only in the football industry but the entertainment industry. That entertainment extends beyond the pitch to school visits, free clinics and much more.
My child continually talks about the crows. Why, because they regularly send players around to school to promote their team and sport. With soccer been number one youth participation sport it is our own faults that our sport’s doesn’t grow. We are too busy bickering and worrying about our own self-interest.
To the new owners, let’s make 2018/19 a great year. We obviously need 4 new Visa players. Let’s bring in some exciting players that will set the league alight and fill our stadiums. Let’s start giving our past legends some recognition they deserve. Connect with the fans. Organize events in this off season to excite us all about the upcoming season that will also promote the club and grow this year’s attendance and memberships.
This is a big year for Adelaide. New owners. World cup year, and the opportunity to bring in 4 great Visa players to complement some excellent youth talent in our squad. I hope and look forward to a great 2018/19 season and a full Hindmash.
RedGrant

Re: 2018/19 Season Could be AUFC most important

Postby RedGrant Mon May 07, 2018 1:32 pm

I have had similar discussions with my mates over the last few weeks. We have all been members for 10 years but at the same crossroad.
Absolutely sick of the FFA and the poor standard of referee in this league. It seems there are so few refs in the league and they all have their perception of players and managers. I can no longer watch Muscat rant and rave at the refs yet see Amor banned for an alleged elbow touch and Kurz shown cards week in and week out (and I realise he is no angel).
I can no longer watch our best young players that we have developed leave the club for an eastern states rival (especially Sydney who seem to have little interest in developing youth) for no compensation.
Adelaide has been a disgrace at retaining players and treating our legends with contempt (carrusca, Dodd, Cassio).
I cannot continue to watch Fox Sports commentators fall over themselves commending Sydney and the bias that goes with it. Sydney should be ashamed of the crowds they get for our largest city.
Maybe expansion will be a sugar hit for a while.
I feel as a fan and a financial contributor to the game I no longer have a say. FFA, we need a fans forum here, make the effort.
We are seriously in 2 minds about renewal.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 07, 2018 2:26 pm

I agree.

Next season is huge for the future of both the league and aufc.

Fans are tired of both and are sadly doing a good job at making themselves irrelevant.

The dialogue from the new owners has been positive but proof will be in the pudding.

The aleague this season has been a complete and utter sham week in week out.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon May 07, 2018 3:15 pm

I think I've made the decision that I'll keep supporting the club irrespective of what's happening at league / governing body level. Geez the lack of direction makes things tough though.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
otto62

Postby otto62 Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm

I'll keep supporting AUFC while there's breath in my lungs.
Club ownership means very little to me and I'm not looking for the club to do anything special to "connect" with me.
FFA are better than the alternative.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon May 14, 2018 2:16 pm

I think the FFA have made some good steps forward. Starting expansion to 12 teams will refresh the league big time. They are actively attempting to lure marquee players again. They actually put on some pre game entertainment for the gf this year.
The season was tarnished by some var debacles but i really think it will be ironed out and much better next season.
Crowds will return in west sydney after next season with the new stadium. Add two new teams and crowds wilk grow and so will interest. Who knows, sfc fans might not take for granted having the best team and actually turn up to watch games too.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm

I have issues with the league and its governance, but I stand by our club through thick and thin.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Adelaide United is a very important link for me to the city of my birth.
I will always support the club.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Membership prices released and huge discounts for kids and families which is great to see.

Having a quick scan, all membership levels looks cheaper than last season.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: 2018/19 Season Could be AUFC most important

Postby bpowell454 Wed May 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Membership prices released and huge discounts for kids and families which is great to see.

I noticed that, I actually think the prices are cheaper now than 2 years ago when the club were asking people to pre-pay for 3 years. Can anyone confirm this? If so do those people get a refund of the difference or is it punishment for being so loyal?
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 pm

interstate memberships now include two match tickets in your state. Very happy
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed May 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Massive step in the right directly. Makes a difference when you run it for the people
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 pm

I have a feeling we will have a record average crowd next season ( that is of course if we are competitive all season )
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Thu May 17, 2018 9:29 am

^ Just like that aye.

I think you could be right.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Re: RE: Re: 2018/19 Season Could be AUFC most important

Postby RedsUnited Thu May 17, 2018 5:55 pm

I noticed that, I actually think the prices are cheaper now than 2 years ago when the club were asking people to pre-pay for 3 years. Can anyone confirm this? If so do those people get a refund of the difference or is it punishment for being so loyal?
My Platinum 3-year membership worked out to be $450 per season ($1350 all up) so it was still significantly cheaper to do that back then.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”