Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 pm

2 forced changes with both cb’s severly limit how we can apply reinforcements where needed, imo a big reason for the lethargic last 10
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Our intensity fell away badly at the end. It looked like some of the players were physically finished (Kitto, Mike, Blackwood). What's happened to "We're fitter than the others and will run over them at the end."?
Yeah I think it has something to do with how our we are trained. It seems we are pushed hard and the players loads aren't managed well enough to have them at peak condition for match day.

Basically they seem overworked and overtired.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Training loads often increase through the middle of the season, especially with a bye week coming up.

As for the game, well winning ugly is better than not winning at all. It's good for a young squad to grind out results like this, last week and the Sydney game.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:41 pm

We're fourth! With our squad, our resources and - especially - our injuries, to be fourth at this point of the season is incredible. Plus we're blooding young players who get better as we go. Miloo...Milow...Mileusnic took his goal superbly last night. He's done a great job for a player who very few rated at the start of the season.

We need another striker because Baba just doesn't play. We need a number ten because...well...we don't have one. we need all sorts of things but it's been a very decent season given the circumstances. I totally LOVED last night. Scrappy game, crap ref, missed chances.....but....what bloody good fun it is to win at home against thugs and divers like Castro. I enjoyed every time Mileusnic left Warren for dead. That's the first time I've laughed, relaxed and enjoyed watching the boys without stress for ages. Bring it on.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:58 pm

We're fourth! With our squad, our resources and - especially - our injuries, to be fourth at this point of the season is incredible. Plus we're blooding young players who get better as we go.
We certainly are a lot higher than I was expecting as the injury toll mounted.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:01 pm

I agree, but it's a weird situation we find ourselves in. In other sports like Cricket, AFL etc having a young squad is a reason for ongoing optimism.

Here in the A League, in particular Adelaide United, that very youth that makes us proud is likely to nick off during the off season.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”