Preview: Perth v AUFC 05.01.18

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Preview: Perth v AUFC 05.01.18

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm

There's that rumor about Borja Viguera who we were apparently talking to last month. This week his club announced they would allow him to go on a free transfer.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Preview: Perth v AUFC 05.01.18

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:32 pm

I would line up with:
Margush
Marrone Elsey Gulum Strain
Isaias
Adlung Konsta
Mileusnic Baba Kitto

Richards
Regan
O'doherty
Johan
AP

If Isaias is suspended then O'doherty would start and possibly Brook on the bench.

Edit: forgot about Johan
Last edited by sub007 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Squads in

1.Daniel MARGUSH (Gk), 2.Michael MARRONE, 4.Ben WARLAND, 5.Taylor REGAN, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.ISAÍAS (c), 9.Baba DIAWARA, 11.Johan ABSALONSEN, 12.Mark OCHIENG, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC, 22.Ersan GÜLÜM, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 24.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 25.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS, 29.Ryan STRAIN, 30.Isaac RICHARDS (Gk), 37.Daniel ADLUNG

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyunda ... round-14-0
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Lia out for 6 weeks btw
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:22 pm

There's that rumor about Borja Viguera who we were apparently talking to last month. This week his club announced they would allow him to go on a free transfer.
https://www.lavozdeasturias.es/noticia/ ... 115613.htm

Seems so and we have been listed as front runner for his services.

He doesnt seem to be much of an attacking mid and the possibility of another out and out striker is strange.

My assumption is someone at the club knows his game and is confident he can play in midfield or as some kind of utility.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Lia out for 6 weeks btw
It seems he redid exactly the same injury, hard to blame the medical staff when it was a result of a tackle but it is not good.
I am Scott
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:27 pm

He doesnt seem to be much of an attacking mid and the possibility of another out and out striker is strange.

My assumption is someone at the club knows his game and is confident he can play in midfield or as some kind of utility.
He seems to be pretty much a pure striker, with the only alternative being LW and he does not have a hugely impressive CV.

He did have an excellent season in 2013/14 for Deportivo Alaves (John Alosi played for them) in La Liga 2 scoring 25 goals in 42 matches. Watching the highlights of his goals from that season it is quite clear he doesn't have a very powerful shot but relies on placing shots and passing into the back of the net.

Xavi Torres, who has been rather unimpressive for Perth, was a teammate last season.

If we sign him then I would take it as a sign we are going to move to a 4-4-2 formation with 2 DMs, a formation Kurz has used a lot in previous jobs. So we will see Baba and Viguera up front with Blackwood as back up.
Or Baba is leaving.
I am Scott
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:17 pm

12:00 kick off Central European time.

Lunch time football!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 pm

He seems to be pretty much a pure striker, with the only alternative being LW and he does not have a hugely impressive CV.

He did have an excellent season in 2013/14 for Deportivo Alaves (John Alosi played for them) in La Liga 2 scoring 25 goals in 42 matches. Watching the highlights of his goals from that season it is quite clear he doesn't have a very powerful shot but relies on placing shots and passing into the back of the net.

Xavi Torres, who has been rather unimpressive for Perth, was a teammate last season.

If we sign him then I would take it as a sign we are going to move to a 4-4-2 formation with 2 DMs, a formation Kurz has used a lot in previous jobs. So we will see Baba and Viguera up front with Blackwood as back up.
Or Baba is leaving.
Except that Blackwood is away for up to 5 games and Baba isn't fully fit. And some on here have been calling for us to sign another striker regardless of all that.

Personally, I agree that a tricky attacking midfielder with a good eye for a pass is a higher priority. However, Kurz is the man in the hot seat, so I'm happy to back his call.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 am

I think Baba is leaning towards a return home this month. Then it makes more sense signing a striker.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”