The Road to Russia 2018

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: The Road to Russia 2018

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:23 pm

I thought it was soft, I thought it was weak, I thought it was full of excuses,”

“He didn’t actually give a reason why he

“At the end of the day, Ange walked out on his nation, he walked out on his country. He had a commitment to go to the World Cup..

“Instead, he’s chosen money in Japan. I’ve got no problem with that, but don’t give us all the bullshit along the way.”
Slater...

Foxsports give it a rest!

Cant really claim that ange chose money in japan when Daniel Garb ( a fox journo)confirmed the deal was not on the table when ange resigned from the roos abd we have no idea if he is currently better paid now.

Retired players being overly critical of managers without any analysis to back up their claims all in the name of journalism is growing old.

Football seems to be in a civil war in australia ( always has been i suppose)

FFA vs the clubs
FFA vs players union
Foxsports media vs anyone contrary to their agenda
FFA vs FIFA
FFA vs NPL
Griffin vs the world

I look forward to the day journos who critique a manager can break it down in the same way theleopoldmethod.com can. Instead we just get throw away comments that really mean nothing and have no real context
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:37 pm

I thought it was soft, I thought it was weak, I thought it was full of excuses,”

“He didn’t actually give a reason why he

“At the end of the day, Ange walked out on his nation, he walked out on his country. He had a commitment to go to the World Cup..

“Instead, he’s chosen money in Japan. I’ve got no problem with that, but don’t give us all the bullshit along the way.”
Slater...

Foxsports give it a rest!

Cant really claim that ange chose money in japan when Daniel Garb ( a fox journo)confirmed the deal was not on the table when ange resigned from the roos abd we have no idea if he is currently better paid now.

Retired players being overly critical of managers without any analysis to back up their claims all in the name of journalism is growing old.

Football seems to be in a civil war in australia ( always has been i suppose)

FFA vs the clubs
FFA vs players union
Foxsports media vs anyone contrary to their agenda
FFA vs FIFA
FFA vs NPL
Griffin vs the world

I look forward to the day journos who critique a manager can break it down in the same way theleopoldmethod.com can. Instead we just get throw away comments that really mean nothing and have no real context
Fox media (specifically including Slater and Bosnich) had an anti-Ange agenda for 6 months. It was like they saw him as a soft target where they could make themselves look big and knowledgeable. Of course, once one media outlet starts the others have to follow or be seen as not being across the issues. Effectively the media have hounded him out. (I think they actually wanted him to stay so they could keep beating up on him.)

It's not the first time that's happened and it won't be the last. I'd love the A-league coaches to slam Slater's interviewing ability on air, repeatedly, over a period of 6 months, and see how he likes it.
Slater: "Hi Ernie, it's Robbie, here ... your team has really been ..."
Merrick: "Hang on, is that Robbie Slater? Can't you find me a serious journalist to ask a knowledgeable question? I can't even listen to his match commentary these days."
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Slater is right that Ange walked out on his nation and did not fulfil his commitment to take the team to the world cup

Slater is almost certainly wrong Ange did it because of money.

Ange should have been sacked after failing to get through direct qualification, but given he was not and he got the team through the playoffs he should have stayed through the World Cup. Walking away was pathetic.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Yeah, we always point out the mainstream medias attempt to hurt the game but its the factions from within that makes the game so weak to begin with.

This has been the ongoing theme from the days of the NSL till now.

So its possibly fair to say these are not individual issues, maybe they are cultural issues and we just dont want to admit it.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: The Road to Russia 2018

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:56 am

Slater is right that Ange walked out on his nation and did not fulfil his commitment to take the team to the world cup

Ange should have been sacked after failing to get through direct qualification, but given he was not and he got the team through the playoffs he should have stayed through the World Cup. Walking away was pathetic.
Completely agree.

I still think Ange is a baby. I mean this is Australia, do you know the heat coaches cop in football mad countries like Germany and England etc.? It's savage. Ange would have resigned after his first loss based on his mettle if he was in one of those countries.

I read that a single question from an AFL journo about whether Ange would resign if he lost to UAE or something was cited it as one of the reasons he left the job. I mean it's actually laughable.

Just comes across as a spoiled kid who has had it easy his whole career in the NPL and HAL.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Completely agree.

I still think Ange is a baby. I mean this is Australia, do you know the heat coaches cop in football mad countries like Germany and England etc.? It's savage. Ange would have resigned after his first loss based on his mettle if he was in one of those countries.

I read that a single question from an AFL journo about whether Ange would resign if he lost to UAE or something was cited it as one of the reasons he left the job. I mean it's actually laughable.

Just comes across as a spoiled kid who has had it easy his whole career in the NPL and HAL.
I don't blame him for leaving at all. Why should he stay if people don't value what he's doing and are basically saying he should resign. It's not just one reporter (that's just an example), but a constant stream of reporters and others saying he should be replaced, he should have already resigned, etc, etc. You only have to look at Ghost's comment above about he "should have been sacked".

If that was happening in m y job .... I'd quit, even though I love my job and feel I make a really important contribution and do a good job ... I don't need that kind of stress in my life. I've experienced that before, with all the heart palpitations, sleepless nights, flow on effect on my wife and kids, etc. So I don't blame Ange one bit for leaving. I'm disappointed, but I don't blame him.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Road to Russia 2018

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Completely agree.

I don't blame him for leaving at all. Why should he stay if people don't value what he's doing and are basically saying he should resign. It's not just one reporter (that's just an example), but a constant stream of reporters and others saying he should be replaced, he should have already resigned, etc, etc. You only have to look at Ghost's comment above about he "should have been sacked".

If that was happening in m y job .... I'd quit, even though I love my job and feel I make a really important contribution and do a good job ... I don't need that kind of stress in my life. I've experienced that before, with all the heart palpitations, sleepless nights, flow on effect on my wife and kids, etc. So I don't blame Ange one bit for leaving. I'm disappointed, but I don't blame him.
You are totally right. I couldn't handle it either. But my point is that this is why coaches get paid the big bucks and whilst there might have been a vendetta from the media, it's not nearly as tough as the football mad countries. I mean Sam Allardyce was the target of a setup (driven by one media outlet) in which he was filmed giving advice on how to rort the fair play rules or something. Arsene Wenger has been copping it globally for years but these guys have the balls to stick to it.

I too couldn't handle the pressure but I'm not a coach. That is part of the job imo and Ange wasn't cut out for it.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:11 pm

I think anges point was more that we should be beyond this type of journalism.

He encouraged the media to critical.

To me this was him challenging journos to write educated articles about the nuanced differences between different styles, movement patterns etc and to critique his team in this way.

Instead football journos churned out articles that anyone could have written without a deep understanding of the game.

Its almost as if these football writers thought “ shit he has called us out and we got nothing” so they changed tact abd doubled down on him.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:06 pm

I think anges point was more that we should be beyond this type of journalism.

He encouraged the media to critical.

To me this was him challenging journos to write educated articles about the nuanced differences between different styles, movement patterns etc and to critique his team in this way.

Instead football journos churned out articles that anyone could have written without a deep understanding of the game.

Its almost as if these football writers thought “ shit he has called us out and we got nothing” so they changed tact abd doubled down on him.
But that's just journalism these days. Regardless of how you think it should be, it is what it is and the people in the job define it (even if some are rubbish).

My point is he couldn't hack it. Most other coaches can. Can't think of any coaches that have resigned after making the World Cup. Soft.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Bert van Marwijk refused to meet Saudi Arabia's conditions for taking the team to the World Cup and effectively resigned from Saudi Arabia. He has since refused to return to the job as his successor has already been sacked.
I am Scott
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Bert van Marwick seems to be firming as the favourite. I'd be pleased if he landed the job, though if so I hope the contract is for longer than just the World Cup as we have the Asian Cup not long after.
Gianaqua
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby Gianaqua Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:33 pm

As long as it is not Graham Arnold. Despite his successes at CCM and Sydney FC, I just don’t like the bloke’s character. Would find it hard wishing the best for the national team while at the same time hoping to see Arnold fail - I would be so conflicted!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:45 am

Bert van Marwick seems to be firming as the favourite. I'd be pleased if he landed the job, though if so I hope the contract is for longer than just the World Cup as we have the Asian Cup not long after.
Nah World Cup winners only thanks! None of this made it to the final only business!
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am

Nah World Cup winners only thanks! None of this made it to the final only business!

And his team was crap in the final to-boot.

:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm

And his team was crap in the final to-boot.

:D
Entertaining though!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Time to Djbate!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”