I'm worried

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: I'm worried

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:14 pm

The question is not do we have a good squad or is our youth team performing, things actually like good in that regard.

I happen to think kurz has been a great aquisition.

I think what the topic of discussion is much bigger than day to day dealing of the club
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm

I am not sure the overall philosophy has changed but how can we really know when the club tells us little. It is a drip here, another drip there, and we have fill in the gaps. However it does seem there is still a focus on SA players and while the Spanish style has been lost as long as well stay very SA centred in developing players that can be our identity. A team of South Australia's largely developed at the club with the VISA players added with the hope that they embrace South Australia and become South Australian. There will always need to be a few exceptions but as long as the focus is on signing South Australians were possible I am happy.
I am Scott
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:07 am

Interesting discussion. None of this is really new.

The club has always struggled to communicate effectively with the fans.
That coupled with Griff's take it or leave it attitude towards people and his hard ball antics when it come to negotiations with things, creates plenty of opportunities for disconnect. One thing I will say about Griff though. Like Muscat playing for Victory, I'd sure rather he be on my side than fighting against me!

The real head scratcher I've had over the last 6 months from the club is the amount of easy wins (in terms of fan engagement) the club has let slip by.
Fans during the off season were crying out for news on play signings and the club gave us nothing. Only for later down the track we hear that the club had signed a number youth players and not bothered to make any announcement.
Obviously fans generally wanted to hear that AU had signed marquee players (who doesn't want to hear that?!) But to hear nothing scares fans out of buying memberships which only hurts the club further. (Which interestingly neither the club nor the FFA bother to highlight the numbers on this season).
I recall reading almost nothing on the signings of Stamatelopoulos, Strain, The Konstand bros, Margush, Blackwood or Brook at the time it happened during the off-season. How much time and effort would have a 3 paragraph article on all these players signing contracts have been? As I said obviously the fans wouldn't have been jumping for joy on these signings but most are local players. All are young Australian hopefuls. At best this was just laziness from the club, at worst it was arrogance that the club didn't think the fans cared about signings if they didn't have a sweet passport or good background. But most likely was that there was no one around to write the article. Which I think has cost the club far more than it would to pay someone to write it.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Or just maybe the clubs media releases were ignored because the Crows.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Or just maybe the clubs media releases were ignored because the Crows.
Getting traction in the media has always been an issue, however I don't recall any emailed information regarding these signings.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:43 pm

There was alot a criticism of the club when McGree and O'Doherty were signed in the previous off season, maybe the club just thought they would be criticised if they announced Konstandopoulos and other young players.
Still the signings should have been announced.
I am Scott
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Getting traction in the media has always been an issue, however I don't recall any emailed information regarding these signings.

Maybe someone is reading my posts; I've just received an email informing me of the contract extension of Kitto, Konstand and Mileusinc :D
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Val copied the Baba, Blackwood have you any goals joke someone posted on this forum in the paper yesterday

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”