Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

Postby Stuckey Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:47 pm

1 year ago we had 50k at a grand final in Adelaide and the 2nd and 3rd highest Socceroos attendances for this phase was in Adelaide. There's no way FFA see this market as a lost cause.

There really are some crap rumours that float around.
Now that I think about that rumour is pretty old. Pre-GF win old.
I reckon I read it on FN too so never mind really...
Time to Djbate!
milan_7
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

Postby milan_7 Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:11 am

Anyone else hoping to see a few banners in protest against the board this season?
Not really. As disappointed I am with the operations of the club at the moment. What's the alternative?
If there was a potential buyer waiting in the wings then sure. But there isn't. So who's going to run the club if the current board don't?
To be honest I think, FFA/another buyer would step in. However, I am not silly enough to suggest that the board or simply Griffin leaving would solve all the problems within the club and even be the best thing for us. Protesting against the board though is simply a matter of letting your opinions be known, if they see a bunch of people with 'Griffin Out' and 'Sack the board' banners at Adelaide games then changes will sure as hell be made because its very in your face and you can't really avoid that elephant in the room. Another thing that will have this effect also is dwindling crowd numbers which I am sure we will get this season. Last season I actually got free tickets. and I most likely will again this season but I am thinking I am not even going to go for free unless something drastically changes in order to take a stand and to make that attendance figure have one less person on it. Either the board will leave of the own accord if they get the message enough, which although it is risky could pay off and I don't think it could possibly have a negative effect with the way we are right now (there will always be a club in Adelaide IMO) OR they make changes in a positive direction to show that the share the fans' frustrations. We have seen in the past that we have sometimes taken one step backwards in order to take two steps forward.

I am not asking for the club to go back to the Bianco days of spending cash willy nilly, I just want a football club that I can identify with and is transparent with the supporters who fill the stands and ultimately line their pockets. I don't have a problem with us not filling the salary cap and focusing on producing younger South Australian players to export overseas for profit, in fact that is fantastic, BUT I don't want the board constantly coming out with promises and saying things like, 'we will finish top 3 next season guaranteed', 'We are signing Steven Gerrard' and 'we are in talks with (insert returning Australian star)' and blatantly lying to their fans. Simply come out and say that producing youngsters is your aim and I will run with that but I don't appreciate being lied to by our owners as a fan since the clubs inception. Also the way that Dodd, Flores, Cassio, Galekovic and Carrusca were treated is obviously a joke and a disgrace. These are guys who should of had statures built in their honour (as we all now Flores went on to do the unspeakable but at the time he was a cult hero) and they were treated like garbage. It is not necessarily the actions of the board that frustrates me it is the manner in which these actions are undertaken.

/rant
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:41 am

1 year ago we had 50k at a grand final in Adelaide and the 2nd and 3rd highest Socceroos attendances for this phase was in Adelaide. There's no way FFA see this market as a lost cause.

There really are some crap rumours that float around.
Now that I think about that rumour is pretty old. Pre-GF win old.
I reckon I read it on FN too so never mind really...
Now that makes sense :)
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Anyone else hoping to see a few banners in protest against the board this season?
Not really. As disappointed I am with the operations of the club at the moment. What's the alternative?
If there was a potential buyer waiting in the wings then sure. But there isn't. So who's going to run the club if the current board don't?
To be honest I think, FFA/another buyer would step in. However, I am not silly enough to suggest that the board or simply Griffin leaving would solve all the problems within the club and even be the best thing for us. Protesting against the board though is simply a matter of letting your opinions be known, if they see a bunch of people with 'Griffin Out' and 'Sack the board' banners at Adelaide games then changes will sure as hell be made because its very in your face and you can't really avoid that elephant in the room. Another thing that will have this effect also is dwindling crowd numbers which I am sure we will get this season. Last season I actually got free tickets. and I most likely will again this season but I am thinking I am not even going to go for free unless something drastically changes in order to take a stand and to make that attendance figure have one less person on it. Either the board will leave of the own accord if they get the message enough, which although it is risky could pay off and I don't think it could possibly have a negative effect with the way we are right now (there will always be a club in Adelaide IMO) OR they make changes in a positive direction to show that the share the fans' frustrations. We have seen in the past that we have sometimes taken one step backwards in order to take two steps forward.

I am not asking for the club to go back to the Bianco days of spending cash willy nilly, I just want a football club that I can identify with and is transparent with the supporters who fill the stands and ultimately line their pockets. I don't have a problem with us not filling the salary cap and focusing on producing younger South Australian players to export overseas for profit, in fact that is fantastic, BUT I don't want the board constantly coming out with promises and saying things like, 'we will finish top 3 next season guaranteed', 'We are signing Steven Gerrard' and 'we are in talks with (insert returning Australian star)' and blatantly lying to their fans. Simply come out and say that producing youngsters is your aim and I will run with that but I don't appreciate being lied to by our owners as a fan since the clubs inception. Also the way that Dodd, Flores, Cassio, Galekovic and Carrusca were treated is obviously a joke and a disgrace. These are guys who should of had statures built in their honour (as we all now Flores went on to do the unspeakable but at the time he was a cult hero) and they were treated like garbage. It is not necessarily the actions of the board that frustrates me it is the manner in which these actions are undertaken.

/rant
That's fair enough.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:56 am

Mayer has resigned.
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Good luck to anyone at the club trying to market the AUFC vs Victory game when a couple of weeks before the Crows will be in a grand final. The media here will be discussing every little facet of the final win or lose for the next fourteen years. Think I might move cities for the next few weeks lol.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 pm

disregard this post
Last edited by Futbol_Crazy21 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Good luck to anyone at the club trying to market the AUFC vs Victory game when a couple of weeks before the Crows will be in a grand final. The media here will be discussing every little facet of the final win or lose for the next fourteen years. Think I might move cities for the next few weeks lol.
Are they still talking about the grand Final loss in Adelaide?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 pm

B)
No we’ve all moved on and are trying very hard to forget about it.

Dark days, 7G. Dark days.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 pm

B)
No we’ve all moved on and are trying very hard to forget about it.

Dark days, 7G. Dark days.
I watched it over here, bloody hard loss.

I believe the Crows will take it all next season.
And a good AU year can cheer everyone up meanwhile.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 am

I was glad the crows lost and I hope they lose every game next year, them and port the bottom two in the AFL would be ideal.
I am Scott
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:32 am

Way to go sunshine.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:11 pm

I was glad the crows lost and I hope they lose every game next year, them and port the bottom two in the AFL would be ideal.
Why?

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Why?

B)
I HATE the AFL. I want to hear the least I can about it and that will happen if Adelaide and Port miss the finals. I used to be a Crows fan but then I woke up to what the AFL is all about.
I am Scott
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Why?

B)
I HATE the AFL. I want to hear the least I can about it and that will happen if Adelaide and Port miss the finals. I used to be a Crows fan but then I woke up to what the AFL is all about.

Fair enough.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”