Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Ghost Thu May 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Gamiero for me is one of those nothing players, I don't actually really know who he is, how he plays or even what he looks like even though he's been around for years ...
might be a sign of my waning commitment to watching football though lol
He was probably going to be a better player than Maclaren, perhaps a lot better player but injuries have almost certainly ruined his career. It will be a brave club that signs him. His best hope is probably to sign with a NPL club when he recovers from his current ACL and try and win an A-league contract from there. If he gets back into the A-league at 26 he could have 5 or so years of good football in him.
I am Scott
Ghost

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Ghost Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Wouldn't mind the club taking a punt on gamiero still only 24 just needs to keep fit
Yeah very happy to see AU pick him up. IMO he's never appeared out of his depth at HAL level. Even when he started with Wellington.
He is currently recovering from a ACL injury he did last September, his third although this is the other knee to the first two so there is a real possibility he would not be fit for the start of the season. He certainly would miss most of preseason. No doubting his ability, but his body just cannot hold together.
I am Scott
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri May 19, 2017 9:00 am

#1 - Galekovic - 06.2017 - Off Contract
#2 - Marrone - 06.2019
#3 - La Rocca - 06.2017 - Off Contract
#5 - Regan - 06.2019
#7 - Kim Jae-Sung - 06.2017 - Off Contract
#8 - Isaias Sanchez - 06.2020
#9 - Baba Diawara - 06.2019
#10 - Carrusca - 06.2017 - Off Contract
#12 - Ochieng - 06.2017 - Off Contract
#13 - Marino - 06.2017 (Youth Scholarship) - Off Contract
#15 - Warland - 06.2019
#17 - Mileusnic - 06.2018
#18 - McGree - 06.2018
#19 - Garuccio - 06.2018
#21 - Elrich - 06.2018
#22 - Kitto - 06.2018
#23 - Elsey - 06.2017 - Off Contract
#24 - O'Doherty - 06.2018
#26 - Brook - 06.2018
#30 - Margush - ?
#92 - Eli Babalj - 06.2017 - Off Contract
- Izzo - 06.2020

14 players signed for the 17/18 season.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 am

Sounds like if Euge signs they want to play Izzo ahead of him.

Side note, I have to say I really apprecitate 5AA lifting their game on covering the AU. It feels like Rowey and Bicks genuinely have an idea of what's happening at the club.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri May 19, 2017 10:22 am

Side note, I have to say I really apprecitate 5AA lifting their game on covering the AU. It feels like Rowey and Bicks genuinely have an idea of what's happening at the club.
Both them and Triple M.

Rowey is at every home game he can get to before footy starts, he's genuinely passionate about our club. The club needs to work closely with these guys.

As for Eugene, I wonder if he will stay in that role ?? Maybe with a coaching position as well.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri May 19, 2017 10:52 am

Both them and Triple M.

Rowey is at every home game he can get to before footy starts, he's genuinely passionate about our club. The club needs to work closely with these guys.

As for Eugene, I wonder if he will stay in that role ?? Maybe with a coaching position as well.
That would be best case scenario IMO. Allow Izzo and Euge to fight it out for the starting positon this season then Euge move into a player/coaching role the season after.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri May 19, 2017 4:50 pm

If Eugene stays with us I think it means initial offers for him at city have dried up.

The thing with Izzo is the moment he shows any sort of good form for a few months consistently he will have an offer and be shipped off to Europe the following week ( and the week after that loaned out to the bench in Italian semi professional level).
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri May 19, 2017 5:39 pm

If Eugene stays with us I think it means initial offers for him at city have dried up.

The thing with Izzo is the moment he shows any sort of good form for a few months consistently he will have an offer and be shipped off to Europe the following week ( and the week after that loaned out to the bench in Italian semi professional level).
I don't think that for certain. He or AU may budge on terms.

Does anyone know if Izzo has a (presumably) Italian passport? That will make a move far more likely.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri May 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Does anyone know if Izzo has a (presumably) Italian passport? That will make a move far more likely.
I don't mean literally local Italian football just using it as an example as to how we see many young players leave.

Surely Eugene has offers guaranteeing the number 1 position? Him staying here could be an indication that he feels his best is behind him and possibly thinking about life after playing
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Fri May 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Might be wrong but I think he does,if not he is definitely eligible for one.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri May 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Rowey definitely is a fan and knows what is happening and Bicks is good because he seem to recognise it is not really his area and largely shuts up and lets Rowey do a good interview.

Carrusca is a wanted player on a much lower wage and it seems to be up to him whether he accepts that offer or not.

What happens to Margush if Galekovic signs? I would rather see Izzo being pushed by Margush, who I think could be a considerably better keeper than Izzo. It is really tricky but I think with Izzo signed it is best not to sign Galekovic.
I am Scott
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat May 20, 2017 11:41 am

Margush would stay but would continue to develop with the youth team.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 am

Margush would stay but would continue to develop with the youth team.
The more I think about it the more I think it's better Euge moves on, unless he's willing to take on a Garcia type role of GK coach. But obviously the club needs to bring in their head coach to make that call.
I'll be very sad to see him leave but if he's going to stay another year and slow the progress of Izzo and Margush I don't think that is of great use long term.
Plus I don't think there is any point signing three keepers for next season when there is a chance the season will be only 28 games long. If AU were taking part in the ACL then a 3rd keeper might be useful.
I can't see Euge taking a massive pay cut unless the club agrees to use him as a coach. I'd probably rather see Euge's wage go towards a high class number 10 or CB. Which is something the club needs far more than an experienced keeper.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Guys ... Margush is only 19 years old. It wouldn't be the worst thing for him to keep riding the pine / playing NYL and learning from Sir Eugene and Izzo.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat May 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Guys ... Margush is only 19 years old. It wouldn't be the worst thing for him to keep riding the pine / playing NYL and learning from Sir Eugene and Izzo.
Yeah as long he is eligible, we should keep him in the youth team, he'll get a lot more game time there, something thats rare for young goalkeepers.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”