Socceroos v Denmark

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Socceroos v Denmark

Postby otto62 Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:40 pm

We played very well. Excellent attacking game, while not leaving ourselves open at the back. Arzani excellent. Only thing I would have liked different was Cahill for Nabbout instead of Juric, but I can understand why Juric got his chance.

Proud to be Aussie after we looked very good against the world #12.

Same team stats next game, except Juric for Nabbout (unless injuries or a player doesn't recover physically in time).
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Best result for us is a big peru win over france, either way we have to beat peru.

A france loss will prevent them and the danes playing for a draw
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Obarizk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:45 pm

Our manager doesnt believe in his players imo.

Kruse should have been pulled at half time , nabbout is doing a defensive job but we need goals.

Totally understand being measured and not throwing the kitchen sink into every attack but rogic is in form , leckie has been fantastic and arzani also. Lets work to find these three space !
Juric is underdone because of his injury and how much game time has Cahill in him? I don't think BVM wants Nabbout to be only a defensive forward, he has just failed to make an impact going forward.

I thought Kruse was quite good, but he did waste that chance. He also works very hard going back, quite often he is the extra body that causes a turnover. I certainly would not have taken him off at half time, but probably would have brought Arzani on a bit earlier. I though it took a while for Arzani to get into the game and by then there was not much time left.

Taking Rogic off was a bit strange but Irvine looked good when he came on against France and Rogic always seems to struggle to run out games.
Obarizk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 pm

Best result for us is a big peru win over france, either way we have to beat peru.

A france loss will prevent them and the danes playing for a draw
A big win by Peru against France would be good but then it makes me scared that they might be too good for us. So an unconvincing 2-0 win to Peru with France controlling the game but struggling in attack would make me happiest.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:50 pm

Denmark 1-1 Australia
Hell.

But the chance lives.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:45 am

In the last two games we have looked like we belong in the World Cup. Denmark were lucky.

Leckie was immense tonight and it was good to see Rogic use his skills. Mooy was Mooy. Both fullbacks worked hard. They are not world class but you cannot fault the sheer effort of Risdon and Behich.

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”