2018 World Cup

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: 2018 World Cup

Postby sevengoals Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:42 pm

It's not Ange Postecoglou's job anymore to fix Australian soccer.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 pm

It's not Ange Postecoglou's job anymore to fix Australian soccer.
Exactly, which is why i appreciated his tone and treading lightly in his article.

Val made a good comment in his article that national team issues should be decided by an independent panel of mostly succesful ex socceroos and that FFA should stick to bean counting.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:30 pm

SBS will screen the remainder of the World Cup games live on free-to-air TV after a deal with
Optus whose initial streaming offering was plagued by technical glitches.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -australia

There you go.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 pm

We started in Germany in 1974.
We went home with Germany in 2018.

Jogi Löw must go and things must change is the vibe...

Make no mistake, there had been warning signs before the national team left for Russia. Not the fitness debate surrounding some players, most notably Manuel Neuer. That was par for the course, as Germany always go into a World Cup haunted by injury worries. No, it’s rather that a strange mood had engulfed the national team in the weeks leading up to the tournament.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... humilation

Remember how Spain sacked it's trainer only two days before the start of this WC?

:mrgreen:

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Obarizk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Ange had a dream, a good one, but he failed to deliver on that dream. After a very good start the team went backward.

He tried to make us an attacking team, but all he did was make us weak defensively and quite often our passing horrible. So while it may not be a great achievement to be solid defensively and competitive but it was something Ange was struggling to achieve against weaker opposition than France, Denmark and Peru.

Bert van Marwijk was then tasked with rebuilding a team that was not playing anywhere near as well as should have been. He managed to improve the defense and midfield play, but failed to find a way to score goals. However with the improvements he made he gave us a chance to get out of the group, but in the end the players could not capitalise on chances and we did not score goals.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Ange had a dream, a good one, but he failed to deliver on that dream. After a very good start the team went backward.

He tried to make us an attacking team, but all he did was make us weak defensively and quite often our passing horrible. So while it may not be a great achievement to be solid defensively and competitive but it was something Ange was struggling to achieve against weaker opposition than France, Denmark and Peru.

Bert van Marwijk was then tasked with rebuilding a team that was not playing anywhere near as well as should have been. He managed to improve the defense and midfield play, but failed to find a way to score goals. However with the improvements he made he gave us a chance to get out of the group, but in the end the players could not capitalise on chances and we did not score goals.
I remember you saying similar about amor in season 1

Just saying
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:19 pm

I remember you saying similar about amor in season 1

Just saying
Then you have better memory than me :) About the only thing I remember is totally underestimating what Djite could do.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:15 am

I understand where Ange is coming from.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/ange-po ... 18TlJTA.97

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:28 am

Well the fuckheads have done it. They have given me the refund I did not want, a total fucked up piece of business.

Why are people allowed to put money into my account without my permission? It should be illegal.

I was totally happy with the value for money I was getting, I could watch games, any games. Now they have just made a perfectly happy customer so pissed off that they will never buy another thing from them. WELL DONE OPTUS SPORTS.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:26 am

The last 10 minutes was utterly bizarre!

In the end it was not a good look the game finished at slower than snail pace.

But still , happy an asian country made it out the group.

Give the money to a young parent at a bus stop tomorrow ;)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:33 am

The world cup draw is crazy!

One side is absolutely stacked, the other only has 2 genuine contenders plus maybe croatia.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:36 am

Give the money to a young parent at a bus stop tomorrow ;)
Yeah that will make everything okay.

I will not be watching the rest of the world cup, I will never be Optus customer again.

Thank you Optus for ruining the World Cup.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:25 am

One side is absolutely stacked, the other only has 2 genuine contenders plus maybe croatia.
The wierd thing is all the form teams are in the lower half of the draw.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:58 am

The wierd thing is all the form teams are in the lower half of the draw.
Uruguay won all three of their games and seem to be in pretty good form.
Belgium are also in good form but I worry about their defence.
They could be the semi finalists from that side of the draw.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:46 am

Culturally it is our game, you dickhead.
Mitchell was quick to hit back with “culturally it’s not our game”, but that only angered the passionate fan.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/ ... 6941a33da0

:box:

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”