Aus v Norway

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Aus v Norway

Postby otto62 Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:36 pm

I wonder if the "let's get rid of Ange" media are pleased with themselves now, and how many games they'll give VanM before getting the knives out for him.

Also, I wonder if VanM in his interview with FFA told them the first thing he'd do would be throw out Ange's entire philosophy that the past 4 years were spent getting the players in sync with.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Aus v Norway

Postby shinAUFC Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Early days but i dont really like the way we played.

When we lose the ball theres no intensity to win it back we just drop back into our defensive positions, although the pitch did not suit attacking football.

I feel an australian team always needs to be ambitious and want the ball, not wait for our opponents to make a mistake.

The boss is playing his style though, we onew what we were getting when we hired him.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Bilbo Buggins
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby Bilbo Buggins Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:37 am

I think some people just need to come to terms with the fact that this Socceroos team is just not that good. Preciously few of the promising young aussie players of the last 10 years have capitalised on the talent they showed early in their careers and there's not a single player in the national team setup with the quality to really be a game changer in big matches the way someone like Cahill or Kewell were back in their day.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:58 am

I agree to an extent, but Rogic, Mooy, Leckie and Kruse are good enough at their best.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:43 pm

I think some people just need to come to terms with the fact that this Socceroos team is just not that good. Preciously few of the promising young aussie players of the last 10 years have capitalised on the talent they showed early in their careers and there's not a single player in the national team setup with the quality to really be a game changer in big matches the way someone like Cahill or Kewell were back in their day.
Yeah i agree we do not currently have the talent of viduka, kewell and bresciano down the middle. Coupled with the ignorance most people have about the quality of our asian confederation and smaller football countries like norway.

I have to agree with the general craig foster view that national teams represent their countries culture/ mentality.

Now im not saying we should attempt to out pass spain and brazil. But australians should play positive and have a level of belief they are good enough even when the evidence says otherwise. It ties in with the aussie mentality and expectation.

Of course a healthy level of pragmatism is needed as we just dont have the talent, i just wince when i see australian teams rely on opponents making mistakes.

Im really not bothered by any style we may play, its the ambition behind the style that matters.

Hiddink and Pim were quite similar but you can argue hiddinks team while defensive minded also played with ambition.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”