The Road to Russia 2018

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: The Road to Russia 2018

Postby Ghost Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Kruse is not playing regularly and has had a lot injury problems. Perhaps he needs to comeback to the A-league to get game time but give him a few games to get match fit and he would be a huge star.
However he should not be starting for the Socceroos until he gets match fit.
I am Scott
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:53 pm

That was hard to watch.
Did you see Kruse's photos of Ange?
:D
:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Not the most accurate use of statistics but they raise the point of why some players are getting regular sooceroos time without regular club time.

http://outside90.com/revealed-if-the-so ... ying-time/
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Not the most accurate use of statistics but they raise the point of why some players are getting regular sooceroos time without regular club time.

It's the same with the Austrian national team.
The trainer is keeping faith with the same players but some of the stalwarts of the last qualification process are out of form and not playing for their clubs regularly or at all.
While at the same time there are a couple of youngsters tearing it up in the Bundesliga but are sitting on the bench and only getting minutes at the end of the game.
Frustrating for the fans,"dangerous" for the trainer and at the end of it no qualification for the WC.

B)

The evidence is in the disjointed play and results.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 pm

It's the same with the Austrian national team.
The trainer is keeping faith with the same players but some of the stalwarts of the last qualification process are out of form and not playing for their clubs regularly or at all.
While at the same time there are a couple of youngsters tearing it up in the Bundesliga but are sitting on the bench and only getting minutes at the end of the game.
Frustrating for the fans,"dangerous" for the trainer and at the end of it no qualification for the WC.

B)

The evidence is in the disjointed play and results.
Yeah some trainers are just too willing to stick with what they know. I'm not lumping Ange in that category though, hopefully as said this is just a bit of a wake up call to him that he needs a match fit squad.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Bangkok: Ange Postecoglou issued an ominous warning for several members of the Socceroos team that failed to beat Thailand, telling them to use the four-month break between international games to sort out their club futures if they're to remain in the squad.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ange ... sqtuq.html

Although I don't like this comment from Ange. I feel its basically telling players their spots are still their's to lose. The message should be: "if you're playing you'll get a call up. If you're not you won't". I don't get why players like Kruse need to be put on notice. Like they weren't aware playing 75 mins of football in 4 months is bad.
IMO this was a judgement call from Ange that he got wrong. I think he didn't expect so much from Thailand and thought this would be a good chance to give players like Kruse and Smith another opportunity to get game time, in the hope that gets them back in the fray with their clubs as both of their clubs play at a high level.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:53 am

Bangkok: Ange Postecoglou issued an ominous warning for several members of the Socceroos team that failed to beat Thailand, telling them to use the four-month break between international games to sort out their club futures if they're to remain in the squad.

Although I don't like this comment from Ange. I feel its basically telling players their spots are still their's to lose. The message should be: "if you're playing you'll get a call up. If you're not you won't". I don't get why players like Kruse need to be put on notice. Like they weren't aware playing 75 mins of football in 4 months is bad.
IMO this was a judgement call from Ange that he got wrong. I think he didn't expect so much from Thailand and thought this would be a good chance to give players like Kruse and Smith another opportunity to get game time, in the hope that gets them back in the fray with their clubs as both of their clubs play at a high level.

They should all be put on notice, Postecoglou as well.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:23 am

B)
Yeah of course they need to be put on notice. I meant I'm sure they are aware of the situation. But Ange needs to do what he's saying and play a squad that's fit and in form. He's a national team coach not an HAL one. He has 50 - 100 players that probably could step up and play if needed. He's not limited to the squad he always picks.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:37 pm

B)
Yeah of course they need to be put on notice. I meant I'm sure they are aware of the situation. But Ange needs to do what he's saying and play a squad that's fit and in form. He's a national team coach not an HAL one. He has 50 - 100 players that probably could step up and play if needed. He's not limited to the squad he always picks.
I agree.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:55 pm

I wonder why Theo has not been called up to the Socceroos?

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:54 pm

So june 08 adelaide oval, Aus Vs Saudis. Excellent news
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 am

So june 08 adelaide oval, Aus Vs Saudis. Excellent news
An extremely important game. We should pack Adelaide Oval for this one.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:10 pm

The FFA announced the Socceroos will play their critical FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifier match against Saudi Arabia at the Adelaide Oval on June 8, 2017.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/2017 ... t_autopost

Woohoo!

I might just actually be able to attend this!
I haven't see a game of football at AO for far far too long!
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm

So afl played at AO the next day? so will it be long grass for our game or short grass for the AFL?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:28 pm

So afl played at AO the next day? so will it be long grass for our game or short grass for the AFL?
Generally the ground is prepared for the upcoming event. So the Socceroos would get preference. In theory.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”