The Road to Russia 2018

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

View From The Top
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Re: The Road to Russia 2018

Postby View From The Top Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:01 am

If by "national football forums" you are referring to 442, well that place is full of people with serious mental issues.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:18 pm

So the game is going as planned but how about the terms of entry.

I still may go, however im not confident other aussies will get the message and it could be a bad all round situation so i might just pass.
· Clothing for spectators shall be in polite manner with suggested colours such as white, black, gray and preferably with no designs on them.
· Equipment such as drums, trumpets, flags, megaphones, whistles, cheering sticks and any other equipment will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Spectators are not allowed to show any symbols.
· Banners will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Fan chants, along with any other activities that are considered joyful, are strictly prohibited both inside the stadium and surrounding areas.

Read more at http://www.socceroos.com.au/article/cal ... Hx0uSHz.99
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:23 pm

So the game is going as planned but how about the terms of entry.

I still may go, however im not confident other aussies will get the message and it could be a bad all round situation so i might just pass.
· Clothing for spectators shall be in polite manner with suggested colours such as white, black, gray and preferably with no designs on them.
· Equipment such as drums, trumpets, flags, megaphones, whistles, cheering sticks and any other equipment will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Spectators are not allowed to show any symbols.
· Banners will not be allowed to enter the stadium.
· Fan chants, along with any other activities that are considered joyful, are strictly prohibited both inside the stadium and surrounding areas.

Read more at http://www.socceroos.com.au/article/cal ... Hx0uSHz.99
Can someone offer the Thai people the news articles from the budgie 9. So they'll know there's no chance of that.
We're Strayan and there's only two things we hate. People who don't respect other cultures and people not letting us get lose AF on holidays c&*t!! :cheers: :chuck:
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:41 am

SOCCEROOS SQUAD V THAILAND

GOALKEEPERS

Adam Federici (Bournemouth, England), Mitch Langerak (Stuttgart, Germany), Mat Ryan (Valencia, Spain)

DEFENDERS

Milos Degenek (1860 Munich, Germany), Alex Gersbah (Rosenbory, Norway), Josh Risdon (Perth Glory), Trent Sainsbury (Jiangsu, China), Brad Smith (Bournemouth, England), Matthew Spiranovic (Huangzhou Greentown, China), Bailey Wright (Preston North End, England)

MIDFIELDERS

Jackson Irvine (Burton Albion, England), Mile Jedinak (Aston Villa, England) James Jeggo (Sturm Graz, Austria), Massimo Luongo (QPR, England), Mark Milligan (Baniyas, UAE), Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield, England), Tom Rogic (Celtic, Scotland)

ATTACKERS

Nathan Burns (FC Tokyo, Japan), Craig Goodwin (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), Tomi Juric (Luzern, Switzerland), Robbie Kruse (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany), Mathew Leckie (Ingolstadt, Germany), Jamie Maclaren (Brisbane Roar)
It'll be interesting to see who Ange's goes with in the DM role. IMO Milligan has been far better there than Jedinak. Plus Irvine and Jeggo have been playing regularly in that position for their clubs as well.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:30 pm

The ban on "joyful behaviour" has been lifted for the match. I suspect very few aussies have purchased tickets for the game and the thai officials are mindful how many thais rely on tourism to survive.

Im here at the moment and most thais are sticking to black and white or wearing a simple black scarfe or wristband to show respect. I hope australians who come here behave.

I think if I end up going to the game ill wear black shorts and black hat with my roos shirt. Its not that i cant wear what i want (foreigners are not expected to dress differently at all while out and about) but as with any culture when people realise you have made an effort to respect them your experience will be far great then being an ignorant farang.

Onto the game..

I wouldnt be surprised if jimmy get a solid 30 minutes at dm if not a start, this is a low risk game so plenty of opportunity to experiment. Anyone know if jeggo is playing as a dm at sturm graz or more traditional box box position he played here ?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:29 pm

The ban on "joyful behaviour" has been lifted for the match. I suspect very few aussies have purchased tickets for the game and the thai officials are mindful how many thais rely on tourism to survive.

Im here at the moment and most thais are sticking to black and white or wearing a simple black scarfe or wristband to show respect. I hope australians who come here behave.

I think if I end up going to the game ill wear black shorts and black hat with my roos shirt. Its not that i cant wear what i want (foreigners are not expected to dress differently at all while out and about) but as with any culture when people realise you have made an effort to respect them your experience will be far great then being an ignorant farang.

Onto the game..

I wouldnt be surprised if jimmy get a solid 30 minutes at dm if not a start, this is a low risk game so plenty of opportunity to experiment. Anyone know if jeggo is playing as a dm at sturm graz or more traditional box box position he played here ?
Low risk game? It's a must win! 8)
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Onto the game..

Low risk game? It's a must win! 8)
We just need an early goal so they cant sit back
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:11 pm

If we are up 3 or 4 zip by the first half we might see a few fringe players late in the piece.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:55 pm

If we are up 3 or 4 zip by the first half we might see a few fringe players late in the piece.
I'd rather qualify with 2 games left so there is loads of time for kids to get serious game time. :)
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:00 am

Far out...

2-2
70min

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 am

Socceroos Vs Kruse.
How that bloke got 90 mins is beyond me. Any time the ball went near him that was the end of the attack. He must he played himself offside about 5 times.
I know beggars can't be choosers but surely offering players that aren't playing at all for their clubs isn't the best idea. He looked stuffs 15 mins in, why take Leckie off and leave a knackered Kruse on?

We definitely missed Juric's presence up front.

Lucky to get a point in the end.
Time to Djbate!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:32 am

Can you imagine being a teammate of Robbie Kruse?

He hits the ball into the opposition, starts abusing the referee about a non-existant foul. You retrieve the ball and pass to him but he's not paying attention because he's abusing you now instead.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:40 am

Can you imagine being a teammate of Robbie Kruse?

He hits the ball into the opposition, starts abusing the referee about a non-existant foul. You retrieve the ball and pass to him but he's not paying attention because he's abusing you now instead.
He must have photos of Ange he doesn't want anyone to see. No idea how he keeps getting called up IMO.
How he has a contract at a Bundesliga side is beyond me as well. He's HAL level IMO.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:13 am

That was hard to watch.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:41 am

That was hard to watch.
Did you see Kruse's photos of Ange?
:D
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”