Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: OS Aussies talk

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:46 pm

brad jones is probably a prime example of regular first 11 football in half decent leagues vs 3rd choice at a big club.

Current sitting top of the eredivisie after takig a few risky clubs in smaller leagues looking for minutes.

Well done to him!
IIRC he was moving to Feyenoord to be either 2nd or 3rd choice. He got lucky when the first choice GK got injured soon after Jones arrived.

But your point still stands. More mins beats the reserve sides for big clubs.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Yeah good on Brad Jones.

Turns out he is actually a good keeper but we just never knew from all the times he slept on the bench for Liverpool.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:26 pm

brad jones is probably a prime example of regular first 11 football in half decent leagues vs 3rd choice at a big club.

Current sitting top of the eredivisie after takig a few risky clubs in smaller leagues looking for minutes.

Well done to him!
IIRC he was moving to Feyenoord to be either 2nd or 3rd choice. He got lucky when the first choice GK got injured soon after Jones arrived.

But your point still stands. More mins beats the reserve sides for big clubs.
Ahh well there goes my argument lol.
hopefully he can continue, imagine if eugene stayed in europe and made a career of being second and third choice.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:36 am

So armenakas sat on the bench for udinese at just 18.

Rogic, mooy, luongo, amini have all been touted as prodgies with big futures but they will never be world class. This kid can really be considered a future world class player by all reports.

Lets just hooe we dont lose him to greece or usa
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Rogic, mooy, luongo, amini have all been touted as prodgies with big futures but they will never be world class. This kid can really be considered a future world class player by all reports.

I don't get why national teams don't just give their young players of great potential a cap as soon as they can if they're a risk of playing for another nation? What difference does it make in a meaningless friendly with 7 substitutions?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:25 pm

I don't get why national teams don't just give their young players of great potential a cap as soon as they can if they're a risk of playing for another nation? What difference does it make in a meaningless friendly with 7 substitutions?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I think they would but the player and his management group could be the roadblock preventing it.

From a professional point of view it would be best for armenakas to wait it out until he is genuinely in the mix and weigh up which country he is most likely to represent the most while playing at a high level.

For example greece will more than likely compete at euros and have quality wc qualifier matches even if they didnt not qualify for the wc. Where as the socceroos are more likely to play in a world cup but will play most games against asian minnows.

Having said that, betting against the socceroos certainly did not help ersan gulum although at the time picking turkey was the smart decision.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:51 pm

Gulum's Aussie passport is earning him a pretty decent wage in China though.
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:13 pm

Anyone tracking how bruce is going in korea? Or are they out of season?
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:43 pm

Just did some research on the k league. So bruces boys are set to finish dead last....which from what i read means relegation or relegation playoff. Does that mean his contract is void if/when they are relegated? Presuming they are relegated and his contract become null and void, if no other korean/asian team picks him up would we see him back in the a league? He only played 7 games, 8 if he plays today and scored twice in the one game. Hope he does not end up in limbo land, but not sure how i would feel if he did play for another a league team.
Maybe he will score a hattrick today in the suwon derby and keep playing in asia.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Just did some research on the k league. So bruces boys are set to finish dead last....which from what i read means relegation or relegation playoff. Does that mean his contract is void if/when they are relegated? Presuming they are relegated and his contract become null and void, if no other korean/asian team picks him up would we see him back in the a league? He only played 7 games, 8 if he plays today and scored twice in the one game. Hope he does not end up in limbo land, but not sure how i would feel if he did play for another a league team.
Maybe he will score a hattrick today in the suwon derby and keep playing in asia.
From what i remember, he played a good string of games when he got there, but recently its like his been kicked out of the team, not even making it to the bench most games. Idk why, it looked like he was playing well.
EdDog

OS Aussies talk

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:50 pm

If he comes back to the HAL, I would rather him over Burns.

Purely because he is a great leader and a club legend.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:53 pm

I think he is at the point in his career he might seek contracts in south east asia like malaysia or thailand.

There were reports a thai club made an offer a few months back.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:56 pm

I think he is at the point in his career he might seek contracts in south east asia like malaysia or thailand.

There were reports a thai club made an offer a few months back.
Did his family go with him to Korea? I know he has a young kid so I wonder if coming back "home" to Adelaide might be a better lifestyle for them.

Not sure if his wife is from Rads?
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:03 pm

I think he may have just come off the bench and scored... says he has now played 8 games for 3 goals. Was 7 and 2 before the kick off.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:58 pm

I think he may have just come off the bench and scored... says he has now played 8 games for 3 goals. Was 7 and 2 before the kick off.

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”