Neill playing with Blackburn U21s

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Neill playing with Blackburn U21s

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:21 pm

He's probably playing for free!
Time to Djbate!
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:55 pm

He's probably playing for free!
Play for free? Have you forgotten who we're talking about?!
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Haha yeah. It just seems weird a championship side would pay him to play when even HAL sides haven't been keen.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 am

He's been omitted from the WC squad.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu May 08, 2014 4:01 am

:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu May 08, 2014 11:57 am

Not to stick the boot in too much into Neil he's been a great servant of the socceroos (even when you take into a count how much of a dick he started to become when the blow torch was being applied).

However it gives McGowan a better chance of getting a spot in the squad. As a proud South Aussie that makes me happy :) Hope Troisi gets a shot too along the same lines.

As an AU supporter I hope that Eugene, Leckie and Dario also get selected. Any beyond that like Osama would just be wonderful :D
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu May 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Not to stick the boot in too much into Neil he's been a great servant of the socceroos (even when you take into a count how much of a dick he started to become when the blow torch was being applied).

However it gives McGowan a better chance of getting a spot in the squad. As a proud South Aussie that makes me happy :) Hope Troisi gets a shot too along the same lines.

As an AU supporter I hope that Eugene, Leckie and Dario also get selected. Any beyond that like Osama would just be wonderful :D
Here here!

Yeah that's what's so sad about the Neill saga. He played on to the point that I've almost spent more of his socceroos career wishing he wasn't there. He has been a great player for the country although I still lay some of the blame of the Grosso penalty at his feet he was a wonderful part of probably the greatest era of Australian football on the international stage.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Im actually excited for the world cup now seeing the older guys pushed out ( ognenovski has done so with a lack of class) its highly probable we will lose 3-nil or more for all group games but it will not be a wasted experience.

There will be many players coming back to their A-league clubs having had experience against (let be honest ) the Real madrid/Barca Allstars , Netherlands ( van persie, schneider, Robben and Krul ) and a highly dynamic chilean side.

Imagine the confidence a player may gain by simply getting by Puyol for a shot on target.

IMO this is the best possible group we could have been awarded if you consider the mid term future of the socceroo's , this should be considered prep for the Asian cup in australia and they should take no fear with them.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu May 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Im actually excited for the world cup now seeing the older guys pushed out ( ognenovski has done so with a lack of class) its highly probable we will lose 3-nil or more for all group games but it will not be a wasted experience.

There will be many players coming back to their A-league clubs having had experience against (let be honest ) the Real madrid/Barca Allstars , Netherlands ( van persie, schneider, Robben and Krul ) and a highly dynamic chilean side.

Imagine the confidence a player may gain by simply getting by Puyol for a shot on target.

IMO this is the best possible group we could have been awarded if you consider the mid term future of the socceroo's , this should be considered prep for the Asian cup in australia and they should take no fear with them.
Exactly I just worry the rest of the country that generally only takes note of the Socceroos during the WC will be turned off by our lack of competitiveness. I feel like us fans aware of what's taking place will have a lot of explaining to do!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Exactly I just worry the rest of the country that generally only takes note of the Socceroos during the WC will be turned off by our lack of competitiveness. I feel like us fans aware of what's taking place will have a lot of explaining to do!
Honestly who cares about them.

They only last a few weeks into the A-league season and possibly watch the odd derby.

IMO its about time we just worry about what people think who are within the football community because the tide is definitely changing.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu May 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Honestly who cares about them.

They only last a few weeks into the A-league season and possibly watch the odd derby.

IMO its about time we just worry about what people think who are within the football community because the tide is definitely changing.
I don't think the game is quite in the position to say that quite yet.
Time to Djbate!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Fri May 09, 2014 12:36 am

It's good that Neill wasn't picked because he's been absolute garbage for years. But I'm glad he didn't go out quietly. It takes guts to let your career be ended by the selectors rather than retire from internationals to protect your reputation for fat nonsense league paychecks.

Also I'd rather have a squad full of washed-up has-beens like him than have the national team used as a SEO tool for agents looking for "NAME_OF_PLAYER + socceroos" search engine hits for their young players.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri May 09, 2014 8:20 am

Yeah half the current crop of Socceroos hardly wear the kit with pride. It's a privilege, not a right.

Hoping Mile gets the nod for captaincy. Has been an absolute beast in the EPL for Palace this year.

Think I read he leads the whole league for intercepts and tackles? What a legend!!!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”