The Ange Postecoglou Era - Squads

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

The Ange Postecoglou Era - Squads

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Fist Socceroos squad:

Oliver BOZANIC, Mark BRESCIANO, Tim CAHILL, Jason DAVIDSON, Ivan FRANJIC, James HOLLAND, Mile JEDINAK, Josh KENNEDY, Robbie KRUSE, Mitchell LANGERAK (gk), Matthew LECKIE, Ryan McGOWAN, Matthew McKAY, Mark MILLIGAN, Lucas NEILL, Tommy OAR, Tom ROGIC, Mat RYAN (gk), Dario VIDOSIC, Rhys WILLIAMS, Alex WILKINSON, Michael ZULLO

Looking better already.

And the great Mark Schwarzer has retired from International football.

Well done great man!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: The Ange Postecoglou Era - Squads

Postby EdDog Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Similar squad to Holger's but you can bet it will be a vastly different first 11.

I'm excited about the NT again. Let's see what our youf can do!!!

A big sigh of relief that Carney is out.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Something to take into consideration is what was/is each managers contractual objectives?

I believe holgers would have been to get to the WC, he has a career to think about and did exactly what he was contracted to do.

Anges is obviously to rejuvenate the socceroos and have us playing good football by nect WC.

What im trying to get at is that its probably not fair to look at it as ange vs holgers squads ........FFA playing it safe vs FFA growing some balls type squads.

I have no doubt if FFA wanted a rejuvenation after south africa holger would have acted accordingly.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:50 pm

But Shin - I don't see why Holger couldn't have gotten us to the World Cup by playing some of our younger players.

Sticking with Carney, North, Wilkshire, Neill and all these other has beens when they were getting barely any game time or playing in well average leagues was just ridiculous.

If he picked the squad based on those playing regularly rather than having a list of players who would start every game regardless of form then I think we would have shown a lot more and still qualified.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Thats a fair point
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:20 am

Postecoglou will be expected to re-birth the national team and to win the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.
Brazil will be the dress rehearsal for the 2015.

Great times ahead!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Absolutely stoked to see Leckie's name in the list. Under Holger I felt he may not get a look in for the Cup but making Ang's first team sheet is a great indication that he may very well be :D

With Schwarzer retired from the Roos, who do you think should be our first keeper?

I have a feeling that Ryan may get the gig at the moment but Langerak will be between the sticks come time for the WC. Also with the great Schwarzer gone, I reckon Eug's chance of getting that third spot has increased incredibly - if Mark was around I don't think he would of got a look in, but now he just might... Maybe it's time for Eug to start playing up his Melbourne heritage around Ang :p
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:54 am

I am looking forward to Leckie getting more time on the pitch under Ange.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:05 pm

LOL Neill comes out and says there is no room for trialists coming up especially in the WC. Now I read Neill is on trial for the next games. There is an excellent comment on TWG about him. He has completely ruined his own brand. The days of him captaining West Ham and Blackburn seem so so long ago now. Come on mate you've finally scored a goal now hit the showers.
Time to Djbate!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:09 am

anyone else keeping tabs on Ryan over at Brugge? looking at some highlight reels on YouTube and he is really looking like he's stepped his game up. hope he reaches his full potential now he's in a European league. i didn't go gah gah over him when he was in the A-League but he looks very alert, agile and hungry at Brugge from what ive watched.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:44 pm

The Belgian league isn't the greatest league going round but the fact he's the number 1 keeper there is a big plus for him. If nothing changes with him and Langerak I would definitely give Ryan the go. Even though Langerak is apparently the better keeper.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”