Socceroos v Samurai Blue

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Socceroos v Samurai Blue

Postby Stuckey Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 am

We were always going to have a downturn after 06 plus the game back home was still in turmoil so it was not as if we could focus on youth in the A-league.

Blind freddy could see we needed to rebuild after 06 and stop clinging to what has been.

In 06, we played like australians, went out to win no matter who we played. Scoring was always the main focus. Since then it seems we are scared of everyone we play and pray we have get a dodgy goal in the first half and then cling to the lead for the rest of the match. PATHETIC

After Hiddink there should have been a long term plan to rebuild the socceroos.

Seriously when is the last time you have seen a socceroo back himself and take on a defender without fear of losing the ball? Or a goal that come as a result of 15 precise passes? We have those players that can do this but sadly we only select players from the petro leagues.

I honestly think the top A-league sides would bury the socceroos into the ground
Its funny the contrasting futures led. One nation sat back and cashed in on its 'success' the other kept their head down and worked on continuing their improving results.
IMO one nation took their form at that stage for granted while the other said "we can do better, why stop now?"

As I have said a half of me always wants Australia to win but the other half of me wants Japan to pump us to hopefully wake us up to the fact we are living in a fantasy thinking we can get away with selecting squads made up of players well past their prime and others who are so clearly out of match fitness some games look like a pre-season training session.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Fri May 31, 2013 6:52 am

I think Holger is quite a lot to blame for this. He just doesn't give any of the youngsters a run.

I reckon that Ange will coach the Socceroos next. Something tells me this may be a good thing from a developmental stand point.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri May 31, 2013 8:55 am

I think Holger is quite a lot to blame for this. He just doesn't give any of the youngsters a run.

I reckon that Ange will coach the Socceroos next. Something tells me this may be a good thing from a developmental stand point.
I think it comes down to what ffa have given holger as his main objectives during his 4 year stint.

If he has been told make the world cup at all costs then you cannot blame him for doing as hs employer wishes
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 am

I know what you mean - but playing these old has-beens isn't the only way to get us qualified. We have some serious quality who can't get a look-in.

Everyone talks about him omitting the younger players, but these "younger" players are actually around the ages of 23, 24, 25 etc which is pretty damned experienced in my books.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:36 pm

I think it comes down to what ffa have given holger as his main objectives during his 4 year stint.

If he has been told make the world cup at all costs then you cannot blame him for doing as hs employer wishes
Yeah I think that would be a likely scenario.
That's reeks of the Buckley admin. Many many indirect costs haven't been taken into account with decisions like this.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:06 pm

One sleep to go!
If winning would be a shock, a starting 11 with an average age under 30 would be a surprise. Holger Osieck was appointed in 2010 and part of his remit was to develop and refresh an ageing squad. That has been largely ignored by the German, forgotten by the FFA (perhaps wary of the famous Osieck temper) and – until recently – forgiven by much of the media.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... lifer-2014
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:10 pm

If Japan turn up, this could get ugly. I can actually see us going out there to park the bus which would be a good result if we can pull it off!

Not going to be good television though I'm afraid...
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Here we go, here we go, here we go!

15min to kick off.
Time for a quick toasted cheese/tomato pita.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:19 pm

All hands on deck!
All hands to the pump!

0-0
15min

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

0-0
30min

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:50 pm

0-0

Half time

So far so good.

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 pm

What a first half!!!

This is the first time since the wc have i been inspired to watch the second half.

Players look like they want the ball, they want to score, they are organised and not afraid to attack on the counter.

The job is not done yet but the pressure is on the japanese also
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 pm

2nd half

0-0
45min

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:30 pm

0-0

70min

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Vidosic is on!

72min

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”