Shin's mate hitting the big time?

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Shin's mate hitting the big time?

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:22 pm

An Italian giant could be weighing up a move for Chris Ikonomidis, the young Aussie starlet who has been forging quite the reputation in Italy and Europe. Recently Chris was spotted in the company of FIFA licensed agents Dr Pino Letterio and Ulisse Uvini and club officials of the Italian powerhouse at their historic ground in the corporate suite.
http://osaussies.com/powerhouse-chases-aussie/

But as per usual kids are going great guns while FFA ignores their progress!
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Shin's mate hitting the big time?

Postby blahblah Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 pm

To be fair it is difficult for the FFA to keep track of the progress of all the youths who are with various clubs around the globe. Damien Davies provides a comprehensive listing and you get to see just how many of them there are.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:29 pm

To be fair it is difficult for the FFA to keep track of the progress of all the youths who are with various clubs around the globe. Damien Davies provides a comprehensive listing and you get to see just how many of them there are.
But considering the FFA make literally no effort what so ever this is clearly always going to happen and will continue to happen till they get their act together. I mean it took them nearly 5 years to bother to get someone to take a look at Porta, the main reason why they did was because someone from the FFA was in the country looking at Neill and Brosque who played in the same league.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Ah yes my buddy lol.

I actually asked whats the deal with the national teams surely a call up is deserved for an underage team.

His father said there has been next to no contact bar a few phone calls from okon.

Since he is playing with men in the reserves surely he could play out of his age group though?

I will say though, in the ten minutes that i spoke to him and his family its hard to beleive he has some big names going gaga over him as he and family seemed so relaxed nd down to earth.

I hate hearing from national team coaches saying there is no talent in the next generation. The truth is they just dont know
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”