Socceroos vs Oman

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Socceroos vs Oman

Postby EdDog Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Very lack lustre performance. So many players who are not getting enough game time for their club and it really showed.

A point is not the end of the world. Last two home games are must wins now, expecting nothing from the Japan game.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:14 am

What a grotesque parody.

Has the central midfield position been coached out of existence in Australia or something? theres only glorified sweepers and less-defensive versions of "second-strikers" going around these days.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 am

Do we ever play to win these days? More like we just try to play less shit then the other team
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:44 am

IMO, poor squad selection. Jedinak and Holland was a terrible midfield pairing.

Also, Thwaite wouldn't have been my first choice at CB. He was found out immediately on 6 minutes.

Brosque as striker was another bad idea. Didn't see him get the ball at all - but Trollger said he was "everywhere" so I guess he's a guaranteed starter again.

Holman - love this guy. But he was clearly out of touch and lacked match fitness. Apart from the goal which, looked like it took a pretty nasty deflection, he was very average.

Only threat was Timmy aerially which doesn't say much for our squad.

Wilkshire was putting in terrible balls all night too.

Just a really bad day at the office.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Watching the Socceroos reminds me of watching AU. The side only bothers to play half a game.

The Socceroos desperately need to find someone of Bresicano's style. Jedinak and Holland are just holding midfielders.
Sad to read later the Holger blamed the younger players for the performance. But there were only 3 players under 25 in the squad. But going on his squad selections I think Holger reckons anyone under 35 is young!

As much as I am a Cornthwaite fan how you can play him or Thwaite over Williams who captains middlesbrough is beyond idiotic.

You could see throughout the match the Holman was struggling. He isn't match fit and spent much of the time walking. Sure he made up for it with a cracker but once again Holger expects someone who hasn't played a full 90 mins for months to do it for us after a 24 hour plane flight and in a massively important game.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Agree stuckey, poor squad selection IMO

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”