Han bags the Olyroo generation

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Han bags the Olyroo generation

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 am

THE Olyroos are Australian soccer's lost generation, says FFA technical director Han Berger.

Berger was critical of the under-23 internationals born in 1989 and 1990 - the current Olyroos age class - saying they were never up to scratch.

With no goals in six Olympic Games qualifiers, Australia's under-23s ended their dismal London Games campaign at the bottom after their fourth dour scoreless draw - this time against Iraq - in Gosford on Wednesday.

"To be honest I've said that after we were eliminated from the Olympics we knew beforehand that this was the '89-'90 generation and unfortunately that was not the really the strongest generation," Berger said.
I'm sorry but if thats the best excuse he's got for the embarrasment of the last 6 matches he's got no clue what he's doing. Goodbye Han don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: Han bags the Olyroo generation

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:55 pm

I wonder if its somehow been taken out of context.

Otherwise it seems like he is passing the buck since he is responsible for youth development
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 am

I wonder if its somehow been taken out of context.

Otherwise it seems like he is passing the buck since he is responsible for youth development
Well the quote is there in black and white. I can't see how it could mean anything else.
Yes he is passing the buck completely. Thats what makes me so furious about this. :bang:
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:50 pm

FOOTBALL Federation Australia Technical Director Han Berger is concerned about the Socceroos' chances of qualifying for future World Cups due to problems with junior development.

Speaking at the announcement of the appointment of Aurelio Vidmar (Under-22s) and Paul Okon (Young Socceroos) as coaches of Australia's youth sides on Thursday, Berger said the nation's youth set-up had reached a critical stage and he was growing impatient at the lack of progress
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/237479,b ... eroos.aspx
So now its the coaches fault if we don't make the WC. Who teaches the coaches Han?!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”