Socceroos squad

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Socceroos squad

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 26, 2011 12:13 pm

If he scores in adelaide what will he do ? Celebrate the goal with the same fans he mocked? Lol

I hope kennedy gets a good run, have wantedto see him play for a long time, also would have been great to mcdonald score his firstgoal but somehow isnt in the squad but archie is.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu May 26, 2011 12:20 pm

I reckon it's an opportunity for him to play his last game for Australia in front of the Melbourne fans.
Why does he deserve a send off? Agostino and Aloisi didn't get one and they actually made an impact in Europe!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu May 26, 2011 12:20 pm

If he scores in adelaide what will he do ? Celebrate the goal with the same fans he mocked? Lol

I hope kennedy gets a good run, have wantedto see him play for a long time, also would have been great to mcdonald score his firstgoal but somehow isnt in the squad but archie is.
Is there an echo in here?
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri May 27, 2011 4:02 am

Is there an echo in here?
Not any more...

:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue May 31, 2011 8:31 am

Good question! Here's his answer:
Archie Thompson hopes Adelaide United fans put their 'El Clasico' hats away to support the Socceroos against New Zealand on Sunday.

Thompson believes the Adelaide and Melbourne Victory rivalry is akin to Spain's Real Madrid and Barcelona blockbusters - dubbed "the classic" - at least in the stands.

Thompson and ex Victory skipper Kevin Muscat were public enemy No. 1 for hardcore Reds fans.

Thompson was confident of a ceasefire from the Reds faithful when the Socceroos face New Zealand on Sunday.

"The last time I was there (Adelaide Oval) I scored and it was 1-1 and gave some stick to the fans but at the end of the day I'm hoping that's forgotten," he said. "When it's all over you can start hating me again."
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/so ... 6066117225
#WeAreUnited
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 am

Meh, good on him. I'll cheer for him in a Socceroos shirt just as I will for any other player.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Nah i'd boo him still. 1. he's a douchebag 2. He plays for MV 3. If he's playing he's keeping a younger player out of the squad. He's 32 are they seriously considering taking him to Brazil? 4. He's a douchebag
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:31 pm

3) falls on the shoulders of Holger Osieck and the coaching team; the other points are valid but as far as I'm concerned there have been douchebags playing for the Socceroos since the beginning of time, and that's going to continue to be the case well into the future.. I've cheered for Moore, Muscat, Tiatto, Neill, Zelic, Grella, Kalac, Griffiths, and all manner of other fuckwits that have played for the Socceroos over the years. I've even cheered for Elrich and he's a bikie associate facing drug & firearm charges ffs. Tardchie might be a clown (and a Melbourne player to boot) but at least he's a faintly amusing one (frankly I dislike Kruse more but, even so, he'll have my backing in the green & gold).
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 pm

How do we know he is keeping a youngster out of the squad?

How many strikers do we have who have match fitness and made themselves available? We dont know if someone like scott mcdonald was even available. Sure we can grumble about it, but they are only assumptions the fact is we just dont know.

Nothing irks me more when you watch internationals and fans are booing their own off the pitch, i would like to think adelaide and australia is above that.

What if cassio was to make a socceroos squad which is not entirely out of the question, the match is held in melbourne and cassio is boo'd with ever touch? Completely understanable is it?

Something about a glass house?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:12 pm

3) falls on the shoulders of Holger Osieck and the coaching team; the other points are valid but as far as I'm concerned there have been douchebags playing for the Socceroos since the beginning of time, and that's going to continue to be the case well into the future.. I've cheered for Moore, Muscat, Tiatto, Neill, Zelic, Grella, Kalac, Griffiths, and all manner of other fuckwits that have played for the Socceroos over the years. I've even cheered for Elrich and he's a bikie associate facing drug & firearm charges ffs. Tardchie might be a clown (and a Melbourne player to boot) but at least he's a faintly amusing one (frankly I dislike Kruse more but, even so, he'll have my backing in the green & gold).
True you can't blame the bloke for getting picked. (i seriously can't believe he's in the squad though over someone like Mitch Nichols or Bruce Djite who at least played most of the season!)
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Well mitch nichols is in japan right now just scored for olyroos, djite isnt exactly in form right now
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:14 am

Well mitch nichols is in japan right now just scored for olyroos, djite isnt exactly in form right now
He's in better form the Archie! Top 5 scorers in the last season and currently playing regularly in China. Plus he's actually a prospect for the future unlike Archie.
Time to Djbate!
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:55 am

He's in better form the Archie! Top 5 scorers in the last season and currently playing regularly in China. Plus he's actually a prospect for the future unlike Archie.
Except Nichols isn't a striker.
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:04 am

Except Nichols isn't a striker.
Yeah he's more a winger, which if we are going for the dutch 4-2-3-1 style we should be focusing on players like him. Why not he does well for Brissy
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:55 pm

There is also the matter of injecting experience into the squad in order to maintain balance on the training pitch and to keep heads level in games. Playing younger players without an established team structure is fraught with danger and often counterproductive in a developmental sense.

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”