Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

ADEL-GOONERS
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Re: Socceroos squad

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Nah i'd boo him still. 1. he's a douchebag 2. He plays for MV 3. If he's playing he's keeping a younger player out of the squad. He's 32 are they seriously considering taking him to Brazil? 4. He's a douchebag
i will do what every good adelaide united come aussie surporter should do, if he,s playing well i will cheer him on as an aussie, if he is playing bad, i will consider him a vic player and jeer him accordingly :mrgreen:
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:37 pm

There is also the matter of injecting experience into the squad in order to maintain balance on the training pitch and to keep heads level in games. Playing younger players without an established team structure is fraught with danger and often counterproductive in a developmental sense.

Hear, hear!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
General Ashnak
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Was very glad Archie did not take to the pitch, was bad enough that Brosque did as he offers nothing that I can see at international level.

I would like to see Rys take over from Wilkshire and Wilkshire to move into the centre of midfield, Carney is no longer needed as Zullo may be young but he has two attributes in spades over Carney - defensive ability and pace (he is bloody fast! and on a slippery pitch he was still able to fly :D). Would love to see Spira and OgMonster as our CBs with Devere (depending on development) to take over from Og. Coe confirmed himself as a solid back up keeper. Central midfield was OK but hard to shine on the cricket pitch. Going forward we looked pretty good, Kennedy and Holman are a good pairing up front and would be much more effective opperating at more than 80%. Emo worked hard, but Wilkshire wasn't all that interested in backing him up - first game I have watched and though Wilkshire was average, Rhys was far better.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Was very glad Archie did not take to the pitch, was bad enough that Brosque did as he offers nothing that I can see at international level.

I would like to see Rys take over from Wilkshire and Wilkshire to move into the centre of midfield, Carney is no longer needed as Zullo may be young but he has two attributes in spades over Carney - defensive ability and pace (he is bloody fast! and on a slippery pitch he was still able to fly :D). Would love to see Spira and OgMonster as our CBs with Devere (depending on development) to take over from Og. Coe confirmed himself as a solid back up keeper. Central midfield was OK but hard to shine on the cricket pitch. Going forward we looked pretty good, Kennedy and Holman are a good pairing up front and would be much more effective opperating at more than 80%. Emo worked hard, but Wilkshire wasn't all that interested in backing him up - first game I have watched and though Wilkshire was average, Rhys was far better.
Yeah development pending we're looking pretty good for the future. We just need players like Williams and Zullo to make the next step and get gametime in the EPL or La Liga for example. If we can get to the point where our starting 11 all play regularly in the top 4 leagues (EPL, La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga) we'll see the Socceroos go from a top 30 team to knocking on the door of the top 10 IMO.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 pm

^^
That is the trick, to be playing regularly in the best leagues.

( And having a Manager willing to axe "name" players when they no longer cut it.)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:14 am

^^
That is the trick, to be playing regularly in the best leagues.

( And having a Manager willing to axe "name" players when they no longer cut it.)
This is oh so true. One of the reasons I think Holman is looking so much better is the regular game time he is getting in the Netherlands. It is good news also for Rukavysta if he can maintain his form and spot in the Hertha Berlin line-up

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”