Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

General Ashnak
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Re: Socceroos to play in SA

Postby General Ashnak Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 am

Shit house from the seems of it.

NZ have something like 14 of their regular squad out of contention for this game, including their entire back 3 and both wing backs. We should hammer tham.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:06 am

25000 tickets sold a week ago,

Thats pretty fair tbh, playing new zealand with cahill, schwarter and kewell out, niell in doubt, probable rain..

I will be pissed if my cat A ticket is not under cover
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Should be a good celebration.

Sunday morning 9:30 am CET

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 pm

I am just happy to be going to a football match.

This off season is killing me
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:16 pm

tell me about it...

No feeds for the game against NZ...

It really is " off " !
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 pm

http://sportzkrieg.com/live.php?id=1105 ... %20Zealand

try that one, really bad to non existent sound though
We are UNITED, after all....
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:13 pm

I thought the same, but I left early (81 mins). That was pretty woeful by both sides, conditions notwithstanding.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Hate to say it a feel a little ripped off,

160 bucks for me and my partner to watch a 2nd string all white play not even a mid strength socceroos. We probably should have played a state league club for better opposition.

Players were falling over on the cricket pitch at walking pace it was terrible, i dont think any socceroos will be to thrilled to come back.

Half time entertainment was little league kids running around , which is fine but even in aleague finals matches they get those inflatable tubes and people to race in, i mean come on ffa it costs alot of money to see the roos dont take us for granted.

Mother nature screwed us over.

Rain was actually coming in through the back of the western stand , i got wet .

Didnt even get to see sasa run on , atleast troisi scored the pen itnseemed like it was genuinely a special moment for him yo do so in adelaide.

All in all the uninspiring game i have ever been to , did it translate like that on tv?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 am

:?
Don't know what you guys were expecting, I enjoyed it for what it was... I didn't have the same emotional investment as for an AUFC game but, really, the standard Aus were playing at was much much better than what I'm used to watching in the A-League. Ball control, passing, decision making - you can see why these guys are on the national team. Especially in the 1st half, Emerton, Wilkshire, Holman & Troisi in particular were ripping it up.

I was a bit surprised at Coe & McKain getting a start but to be fair they both did very well.

2nd half was shitloads of changes, as to be expected for a friendly, and that broke up the momentum a bit... however it was good to see Vidosic, Kruse, McKay get a decent run. Brosque I have no idea why they persist with at international level.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Hewie

Postby Hewie Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 am

It might have been that I was about 5 or 6 pints under by half time, but I thought Brosque did quite well. Kruse had 1 or two runs and that was it, rest of the time he was on his arse. Conditions didnt help, but I thought he looked woeful. Both the centre halves were great, Rhys Williams, when he came on, did not make a single mistake at all and looked brilliant.

Other than that, the weather destroyed the game, plus with the cricket pitch in the middle......

Last time Adelaide will get an international for a while. Terrible scheduling leaving 1000's of amatuer league players and coaches unable to go, conflicting with Ports game and a sunday afternoon, rather than evening kick off. Put the game back 2 hours to 7, 7 30 and I reckon the crowds wouldve been closer to 25k. :blah:
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Once I had consolled myself to playing New Zealand I found myself looking forward to watching a heap of the fringe players live.

What it said to me is that the current first XI have plenty of heat and that if Zullo does not start ahead of Carney for the next 8 years there is something seriously wrong with Holger.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
flavze

Postby flavze Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:53 pm

bit of a meh game, meh atmosphere and meh opponent and meh weather but i still enjoyed it even if it was just to see some live football.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Old Gregg - I dunno. I went in with eyes wide open but was still surprised by how 'meh' i felt about the whole thing. Not seeing Ogre play in the green and gold was just the icing on an undercooked cake.

If nothing else it was a clear reminder of how much I love watching AUFC at Hindmarsh.

And what I hadn't thought of was people at their first game. This from the Tiser:
Katrina Brockenbrow and daughter Kaiah, 4, were at their first match.

"This is my first time and she's loving it. It's been really good and it's really family friendly," Ms Brockenbrow said.
If it sparks a love of the game and people come to Hindmarsh for the new season, its all good.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/winn ... 6069747325
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Old Gregg - I dunno. I went in with eyes wide open but was still surprised by how 'meh' i felt about the whole thing. Not seeing Ogre play in the green and gold was just the icing on an undercooked cake.

If nothing else it was a clear reminder of how much I love watching AUFC at Hindmarsh.

And what I hadn't thought of was people at their first game. This from the Tiser:
Katrina Brockenbrow and daughter Kaiah, 4, were at their first match.

"This is my first time and she's loving it. It's been really good and it's really family friendly," Ms Brockenbrow said.
If it sparks a love of the game and people come to Hindmarsh for the new season, its all good.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/winn ... 6069747325
Thats all you can hope for really. Whats with the weather in Adelaide! Half the matches at Hindmarsh this season were effected by bad weather now the Socceroos match. I think the Triosi goal saved the game IMO it really capped a pretty average match off in a nice way. Its a pity most of our stars didn't play but personally I'm a fan of seeing these young kids come through.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Good to see that the younger players had a run out.

B)

17 weeks and 6 days.

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”