Australia's World Cup 2022 Bid

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Good Luck "AUSTRALIA" in the bid for WORLD CUP.

Postby TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:25 am

2022 WORLD CUP BID IS NEAR....on 3 days to go.....im excited......

HOPE WE WIN, would do australia great in getting this..

so goodluck an fingers crossed....

regards topgun jimmy....

AUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS STRAAAAAA LIIIII ARRRRRRRRRRR
Dermot
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Flores
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling Along

Re: Good Luck "AUSTRALIA" in the bid for WORLD CUP.

Postby Dermot Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Only two more sleeps now Jimmy, by gollies I'm getting anxious and nervous. My workmates reckon I am grumpy ha ha ha :)
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:06 am

Reading adelaidenow.com and what people think of bidding for the world cup makes me realise you should have completed school and understand basic world events before your allowed to grasp the power of a keyboard!

So many closed minded, backward thinking people. These are the same people who probably assume the USA is the centre of the world
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Dermot
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Flores
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling Along

Postby Dermot Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 am

It is easy to criticise and that is exactly what those people are doing. I actually watched the whole presentation not just the video and lets remember that the presentation was only one part of the whole bidding process.
Frank Lowy and the whole bidding team have done a great job over many many months and negotiations, so for these people on "adelaide now" to comment the way they did shows their complete ignorance of the whole process.
When we actually win the bid, we will still get these morons telling us that Australia shouldn't or can't run the World Cup. In my opinion that's complete bollocks, Australia is more than capable and ready to do it.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:18 am

Unfortunately those individuals represent a very strong and vocal minority in Adelaide, the ones who get development blocked and hold this city back. They are the people who cannot see the long term benefits of some short term pain. They fustrate me.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:15 pm

it's going to be an interesting period of time until 2022 if we do actually win it, bcoz i'm already blue in the face and sick of arguing with people over whether we should have the WC or not... and that's just been for one year! :bang:

and i'm yet to find someone who has good enough reasons (in my eyes obviously) for us not to host it. it's all based on 2 things, their views of our code, and how it will affect them personally. they couldn't give a toss about how it'll benefit us as a nation.
King_Billy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby King_Billy Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 pm

it's going to be an interesting period of time until 2022 if we do actually win it, bcoz i'm already blue in the face and sick of arguing with people over whether we should have the WC or not... and that's just been for one year! :bang:

and i'm yet to find someone who has good enough reasons (in my eyes obviously) for us not to host it. it's all based on 2 things, their views of our code, and how it will affect them personally. they couldn't give a toss about how it'll benefit us as a nation.
Your on crack! NOTHING, that inconveniences the AFL could possibly be of any benefit to this nation! :roll:
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeah I really don't understand the whole anti-World Cup sentiment. I mean, why all of a sudden are we against holding big events?

Was there a complaint about the Sydney Olympics? No way, the entire nation was stoked. Rugby union, league, cricket world cups? No complaints. Maybe not everyone is interested, but people weren't openly complaining about it.

I really don't get it.
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:59 pm

More people are against the World Cup coming to Australia then the Pope coming here?!

Every person who bitches about the WC should have to explain where Australia would get that $35 billion in lost revenue.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:08 pm

its the damn hooligans! with their flares and chanting, we dont want that here in australia, proof is AU MV games at hindy, just watch channel 9 they always have riots!

They are just going to leave this place in tatters!The footy show may even have to move timeslots for that month.. OH NO think of the children!!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ozisnowman

Australia's World Cup 2022 Bid

Postby ozisnowman Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:49 pm

What are peoples thoughts on our World Cup 2022 Bid.

The proposed stadiums cater too much to other codes and dont leave a legacy for Football in this nation.

The video on the other hand was just appalling what were they thinking? Was it going for some sort of joke/laugh factor. "FIFA committee member oh i thought Australia had the funniest video ill give my vote for them!". Come on FFA its the World Cup not the Comedy Festival. Dont like our chances of winning tonights vote because with that Mickey Mouse video the committee must be thinking that we will be hosting a Mickey Mouse Wold Cup.

A video that lacks much mention of football and is littered with stars from a by-gone era including many sports stars (but not many footballers) What are we bidding for the Cathy Freeman Athletics World Championship or the Ian Thorpe Swimming World Championships? What does that have to do with Football.

Qatar's video however focuses on football, stadia and the like even though you can hardly understand what the heck the chap is saying.

Our video like our stadium proposals seem to be some sort of cop out by the FFA trying to appease the AFL, NRL and other codes in this country.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Australia's World Cup 2022 Bid

Postby sevengoals Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:55 pm

When i read we were giving them the old " no worries, mate" spiel I realized hope was well and truly over...

Where did you see the video presentations?
Any links to them?

We finished last on the profitability scale by the way so if we know Fifa at all that would be one BIG reason not to choose OZ

the Guardian will be blogging the days events live if anyone is interested.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... 022-zurich

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 pm

i'm holding little to no hope, but will be ecstatic if we get it. my money is on the US or Qatar... money talks folks. especially to FIFA.
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:14 am

I liked the presentation.

Animated Kangaroo for the win.

Its just what all the non-aussies love. That and the seriousness of all the other bids - if we make it past the Japs and Koreans - We've got this.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 am

I'm hoping for Russia 2018, sounds like a great excuse to visit. The damn result has been delayed which is annoying, 15 minutes late now.....

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”