Australia's World Cup 2022 Bid

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

ozisnowman
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Australia's World Cup 2022 Bid

Postby ozisnowman Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:40 am

really? no auto qualification? that sounds like a bad idea to me...

I know it's early (extremely), but what ya reckon, worst crowd figures ever for the Qatar WC?
Given Global Warming if they are in a heat wave during the world cup i reckon that it will be sparsely supported. Or maybe a stadium full of people dressed head-to-toe...
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:27 am

There is going to be some VERY interesting stories to coe through the media in the next few months, this wont go away for a long long time.

Not to sound like a sore loser, but if we got 1 vote, and were beaten by Korea then something is very fishy! How could the US not of even been close to winning!?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:30 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE No whinging how missed out on winning the world cup and what a travesty this is etc etc etc.
Welcome to the real world
What did you expect-Wikileaks posted it last week yet it was seemingly ignorged-- On the world stage Australia is a lightweight. we have nothing to offer, especially what counts --money.
We think a wedge in the back pocket or a bottle of Grange or a diamond bracelet is over the top, but no, its not like Hollywood where they produce the briefcase full of cash. In the world of real politic you wheel in the steamer truck full of it (and a solid gold steamer trunk at that).
We never stood a chance , but like Jack Little said "ÿou've got to be in to win it".
But its futile to go on, a I said on the other site always follow the money.
Spare a thought for England, invented the game have all the infrastructure and support and only got 2 votes, we have nothing to whinge about
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:45 am

I dont think people are whinging because we lost, I honestly expected the US to win. But Qatar winning has thrown alot of people off and no one can really understand why they won,

Does anyone else find it strange Japan actually lost a vote in the 2nd round? either someone had a change of heart, or they had been instructed on how to vote
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE No whinging how missed out on winning the world cup and what a travesty this is etc etc etc.
Welcome to the real world
What did you expect-Wikileaks posted it last week yet it was seemingly ignorged-- On the world stage Australia is a lightweight. we have nothing to offer, especially what counts --money.
We think a wedge in the back pocket or a bottle of Grange or a diamond bracelet is over the top, but no, its not like Hollywood where they produce the briefcase full of cash. In the world of real politic you wheel in the steamer truck full of it (and a solid gold steamer trunk at that).
We never stood a chance , but like Jack Little said "ÿou've got to be in to win it".
But its futile to go on, a I said on the other site always follow the money.
Spare a thought for England, invented the game have all the infrastructure and support and only got 2 votes, we have nothing to whinge about
Really what Wikileaks said it all we're a lightweight. And i don't think the Socceroos winning the world cup would change things its Australia as a whole.

Pissant country?
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:12 am

Whatever the rationale for the vote the fact remains that 2022 will be in Qatar. The Middle East is an intensely interesting place to visit, so I am hoping that the region adopts this bid as whilst the region offers a kaleidoscope of experiences, Doha is rather staid. Good for a few days however that's about it. If Oman, UAE, Bahrain etc open their doors then it could be a good World Cup. If they don't there's going to be a lot of bored, drunk, hot people crammed into the fan zones.

The challenge for Qatar 2022 starts now.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:33 am

Their proposed stadiums look absolutely extraordinary.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gall ... 3&index=11

They all look open-air though - how they hell will the cooling systems work effectively?
#WeAreUnited
Spiro
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene and Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Spiro Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm

The Al-Khor Stadium in Al-Khor looks like a vagina
The only champagne corks popping higher than the ones in Doha, are the ones in AFL house
Respect to Harper last night, he had tears in his eyes when he came out of that room and spoke very well.

Something stinks here. I cant even find an email address on the FIFA webiste to send an email to them
Salisbury Florina 2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions

'Mon Gerard et al
Brades36
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: adelaide born

Postby Brades36 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:14 pm

i can just see the afl putting a media release out today about it they will be loving this. i would love to listen to cornesy tonight as well.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:58 pm

does anyone else feel that although these stadiums are amazing, its just not what the world cup is about.

Playing a Cup final at say wembley, or the MCG or where ever else that already have years and years of history to me means more then a diamond encrusted stadium that will be dismantled a year later.

Im a bit of a spots fanatic, so a stadium to me represents all the dramas over the years a certain stadium has brought us, its great when you can revisit a place and think "this is where such and such did this 20 years ago, WOW. "

But the Qatar world cup will be more like a travelling circus that leaves no mark on the country once its gone, quite sad.

There are going to be some very empty "super stadiums" this much is for sure, and i feel quite sorry for the USA to be honest.

At the end of the day though they won it, good luck to them. Also well done to Lowy his passion for the country and the world game is the only reason we have an A-league or were even considered to host the cup, and despite what some hacks in the media will start saying, the a-league is heading in the right direcrtion
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Their proposed stadiums look absolutely extraordinary.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gall ... 3&index=11

They all look open-air though - how they hell will the cooling systems work effectively?
They are meant to be pumping cold air over the top of the stadium so it settles into the stadium under the theory that cold air sinks. They are planing on powering them using solar energy as well.

They will probably be able to pull that off, but are they going to aircondition the training venues? The avenues to and from the stadiums? Where everyone is going to be waiting? The fan sites?

Seriously, how the hell do they think Qatar is going to pull this off? Worst technical report and one of the worst financial reports and they won at a canter.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:02 pm

does anyone else feel that although these stadiums are amazing, its just not what the world cup is about.

Playing a Cup final at say wembley, or the MCG or where ever else that already have years and years of history to me means more then a diamond encrusted stadium that will be dismantled a year later.

Im a bit of a spots fanatic, so a stadium to me represents all the dramas over the years a certain stadium has brought us, its great when you can revisit a place and think "this is where such and such did this 20 years ago, WOW. "

But the Qatar world cup will be more like a travelling circus that leaves no mark on the country once its gone, quite sad.

There are going to be some very empty "super stadiums" this much is for sure, and i feel quite sorry for the USA to be honest.

At the end of the day though they won it, good luck to them. Also well done to Lowy his passion for the country and the world game is the only reason we have an A-league or were even considered to host the cup, and despite what some hacks in the media will start saying, the a-league is heading in the right direcrtion
The crazy thing about these white elephant bribes is that they aren't going to be wasting away in Doha, they will be wasting away in countries without the means to maintain them.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Im still unsure how they got around not having multiple cities for the bid, i thought that was a FIFA requirement, or when they say requirement do they mean "guidline unless you got the cash"

-No pork
-No alcolhol anywhere apart from internation hotels.
-Women are expected to be covered up
-ANY NON MUSLIM religeous items are confiscated at the airport, so bibles etc etc ( can you just imagine what would happen if australia or the US did something like that!?)

This is a touchy subject, but why is it in australia or the US customs ask a man travelling from the middle east what his intentions coming to the country are, and thats being racist, where countries like Qatar have a ...well.. lets say a different kind of respect for women, and dont allow religeous free freedom, Surely they are going to have to relax their lawa for the world cup
Spiro
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene and Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rollin' Along

Postby Spiro Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:18 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/gal ... 84?page=10

This picture here says it all - this is why we deserved it. Look at the young lady on the left - in Qatar, this would not be allowed
Salisbury Florina 2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions

'Mon Gerard et al
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:16 am

it HAD to have been a corrupt vote since the winner was being reported an hour before the announcement was made, this was during the time they were supposed to be holding the secret ballot, so how did Qatar officials already know?

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”