Australia's World Cup 2022 Bid

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

ozisnowman
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Australia's World Cup 2022 Bid

Postby ozisnowman Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:28 pm

There needs to be a big push to get the FIFA headquaters moved out of Switzerland and into a country where the bank aocounts of the fat cat executives can be tracked.

What really peaves me is there is now talk that they should move the World Cup 2022 timeslot to a European Winter so that the temperature in Qatar is about 25. I say no way they should not be allowed to do that. If you want it in Qatar, then put and shut up go there and roast you damn ass off. FIFA needs to be held accountable for such a disaster of a decision, any player or fan hospitalisations or deaths should be all FIFA's fault and they should be made to pay big time.
davidbloop
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Re: Australia's World Cup 2022 Bid

Postby davidbloop Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:14 pm

This is interesting
Roger Burden, the acting Football Association chairman, will not take the job full‑time in protest at the "night of the long knives" in Zurich that left England's 2018 World Cup bid in tatters with only two votes. Amid signs that the catastrophic outcome for the bid could spiral into yet another crisis for the FA, which has been without a full‑time chairman since Lord Triesman was forced to resign in April, he lashed out last night at Fifa and the decision‑making process.

"I had applied for the position of chairman," said Burden in a letter to the FA board, which was expected to anoint him permanently in the role once his name had been put forward at their 22 December meeting. "I recognise that an important part of the role is liaison with Fifa, our global governing body. I am not prepared to deal with people whom I cannot trust and I have withdrawn my candidacy."

He told the Guardian: "The role entails liaising with Fifa and I want nothing more to do with them."
Seems he REALLY took the decision hard

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”