where? we having our bid for 2022 together party

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

lynda1974
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: where? we having our bid for 2022 together party

Postby lynda1974 Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Have done a call around ... The Elephant is closed, their licence does not cover them for that time of night/morning. They did tell me that GGA contacted them about being a 'Live Site' but they couldn't because of their licencing restrictions. Considering their lack of response to anyone from Adelaide calling for a live site here I can only assume they didn't bother looking into any other venue.
So I then called The Rosemont .. guy there said that no official event had been planned however they will be open and showing the announcement & he personally knows a few people who will definitely be showing up.
So .. long & short of it .. get down to The Rosemont and celebrate/commiserate with fellow die hards!!
KvP

Postby KvP Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks for your efforts Lynda, Looks like the Rosemont is the go!!
I'll be there(look for the makarapa:))So wear your Green&Gold, hopefully this will be one of those, "do you remember when.." moments with that sentence ending in "..We were awarded the 2022 World Cup" But win or lose, we can celebrate or commiserate together as football fans. C'mon Sepp-tic Bladder, COME PLAY!! you know it makes sense!
Any coach, Any players, training on the moon, United 'til I die!

I worship the Truncated icosahedron :)
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:17 am

AUSTRALIA'S final presentation to FIFA voters will be based on humour and the guarantee of a "no worries" World Cup, bid chiefs say.

The last-minute pitch for votes by bidding nations will come down to 30-minute presentations early tomorrow morning, Australian time, when speeches and short films will try to woo any undecided members of FIFA's 24-man executive committee.
more
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nati ... 5963557829
Adelaide United academy coach Mike Valkanis says Ali has a "gift". "He just dazzles everyone and he's an exciting player to watch," he said.
Ali Hadi, 12- future socceroo.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC

Postby TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:46 am

ok, rosemont it is, get the word out every 1, to all codes to join in on this tonight, but not stupid trouble makers after it before going home....
i see this morning every 1 in australia is joining in...good to see an feel proud of.....

come on you ffa wanks, get it over the line....

i love the add, get the kangaroo an hogan says, hand it over...hahahahahahaha :bow: :blowkiss: B) :bow:
KvP

Postby KvP Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Okay, this still hurts, but I thought we all needed a few reasons to as the Monty Python lads say: "(always) look on the bright side of life!"...please have a read of my new columnon this site entitled "reasons I'm optimistic for football in Australia", hope it cheers you up and gets you fired up (farking) for the future of our beautiful game!There is a lot to look forward to even though I've narrowed it down to 6 things I could think of:)
Any coach, Any players, training on the moon, United 'til I die!

I worship the Truncated icosahedron :)

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”