Matildas

Waltzing Matilda

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Matildas

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm not white knighting and I agree that it's the minority with the sexist comments. I just think that the media on facebook- sbs/foxsports intentionally bait for these kind of comments just to get more interaction on their posts. It's more of a opinion on the way media companies use social media nowadays to get clicks and interactions no matter what garbage you put out- make bold statements, ask obvious questions, intentional spelling mistakes, intentional wrong statistics of things that most would know and when it comes to women's football, compare Kerr to Messi and watch the people in the comments section duke it out.
Totally 100% agree.

Divide and conquer seems to be the way to get clicks these days. Write something that will make half your readership feel they are being attacked and need to defend their position while compelling the other half to lead the attack. Despite both camps having the same starting opinion.

I Feel 95% of us all want and believe in the same common good despite what the media may tell us.

“If it bleeds it leads”
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:24 am

Matildas secure equal share of national team revenue:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -socceroos

Great news!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:41 am

Great news!
:shake:
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:03 am

Amazing news!
Time to Djbate!
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Great night at Coopers. The Matildas ran the game and should have won by at least three.
Wasn't unlike AU's last game against Brisbane. Chile stacked the back and rarely threatened but blunted the Matildas. Exciting, skilful game though.
Chile supporters were wonderful. Decent crowd too!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:50 am

Great night at Coopers. The Matildas ran the game and should have won by at least three.
Wasn't unlike AU's last game against Brisbane. Chile stacked the back and rarely threatened but blunted the Matildas. Exciting, skilful game though.
Great to hear. It certainly looked good on TV.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:01 am

Agree on all points. Chile were stuck in their own half and launched the odd counter attack but really it was all Aus. Found it tough to break through though and Kerr was isolated. Ellie Carpenter absolutely bossed the right flank.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Great win and much to like about individual performances. We were clearly the better team, but so we should be given respective world rankings. A good night and quite entertaining. (Although I felt a bit like a neutral at times. There wasn't the same passion as I have for Adelaide United, and it just felt like a meaningless friendly.)

We were very strong at the ball. That's a good thing when you're up against a tough strong opponent. but I thought that against the smaller bodied Chileans we were a bit of a bully on a few occasions (unnecessary body contact after the ball was gone, legs left in late in a tackle, hip and shoulder when not in a position to play the ball).

The skill level was better than I feared it would be, but not as good as I hoped it might be. You'd see a great touch, but then it would be let down by a really poor misplaced simple pass.

Anyway, it was good to have international football at Hindmarsh and I would definitely go again to support the Matildas.

(Apologies if I've caused offense. You can just say "ok boomer".)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Great win and much to like about individual performances. We were clearly the better team, but so we should be given respective world rankings. A good night and quite entertaining. (Although I felt a bit like a neutral at times. There wasn't the same passion as I have for Adelaide United, and it just felt like a meaningless friendly.)

We were very strong at the ball. That's a good thing when you're up against a tough strong opponent. but I thought that against the smaller bodied Chileans we were a bit of a bully on a few occasions (unnecessary body contact after the ball was gone, legs left in late in a tackle, hip and shoulder when not in a position to play the ball).

The skill level was better than I feared it would be, but not as good as I hoped it might be. You'd see a great touch, but then it would be let down by a really poor misplaced simple pass.

Anyway, it was good to have international football at Hindmarsh and I would definitely go again to support the Matildas.

(Apologies if I've caused offense. You can just say "ok boomer".)
Your assessment is fair.

The womens game is still developing, Its more a situation of fantastic athletes who play football rather than fantastic footballers.

I would actually put Kerr in the fantastic athlete category but average footballer.

While caitlin ford is someone who doesnt get the plaudits but is a fantastic footballer and natural athlete.

Hopefully we can see more caitlin fords and lisa devannas.

The matildas are one of 2 national teams ill make time to watch. Ive enjoyed watching their progression over the years!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah

Postby blahblah Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:42 am

It appears the February Olympic qualifiers have been moved from China to Sydney due to the coronavirus.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 pm

G'day Tony!
The Matildas have a new Coach.
Tony Gustavsson, the experienced former US women’s national team assistant coach, will lead the Matildas to a World Cup on home soil after Football Federation Australia confirmed his appointment as Ante Milicic’s successor on Tuesday evening.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -australia

Class is open.

In the space of six minutes and nineteen seconds, the Matildas’ new head coach explained the USA’s entire game management philosophy that won them a historic second consecutive world championship.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... en-lacking

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:27 pm

Bloody hard in a tough group.
We play the Kiwis in our first group match.

Sweden
USA
New Zealand
Australia

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:39 pm

The Matildas did away with NZ although it could have been more emphatic but a win is a win ...

Down 3-2 to Sweden at the 80min mark.
Kerr has two but unfortunately she missed a penalty that would have leveled the score.

Come on Matildas!

Scheisse, Sweden score again, 4-2 --- Final score

It's the USA next.

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 pm

0-0 which is a result that suits both sides and they looked like they played that way near the end. I think 3rd place was a realistic result now we wait to see who we take on!
Time to Djbate!
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 pm

0-0 with the Yanks which should be sufficient to make it to the next round, however as a match it was a cure for insomniacs.

Return to “Australian National Team - Socceroos & Matildas”