Dog rape, fat body builders and mein kampf

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Dog rape, fat body builders and mein kampf

Postby shinAUFC Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:37 pm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fake-news- ... 1538520950
Affilia, a peer-reviewed journal of women and social work, formally accepted the trio’s hoax paper, “Our Struggle Is My Struggle: Solidarity Feminism as an Intersectional Reply to Neoliberal and Choice Feminism.” The second portion of the paper is a rewrite of a chapter from “Mein Kampf.” Affilia’s editors declined to comment.
Thought some may enjoy the article in the off season borefest.

Its equally funny as it is worrying and proof that not just the conservative sides of our community need to be kept in check near the fringes.

What happened to the days of sensible public discourse?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Dog rape, fat body builders and mein kampf

Postby blahblah Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am

Yeesh, what a mess. The quality of the written article has been in decline for sometime now (present site excepted of course!). It seems quantity and timeliness has supplanted quality as a desirable trait in journal production. At least in the days of print it was largely limited to daily rags, though there have always been dodgey journals on the fringes.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 am

Yeesh, what a mess. The quality of the written article has been in decline for sometime now (present site excepted of course!). It seems quantity and timeliness has supplanted quality as a desirable trait in journal production. At least in the days of print it was largely limited to daily rags, though there have always been dodgey journals on the fringes.
I agree but a larger part of it comes fown to agendas and intersectionality / identity politics being thrust onto the public in my view.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Interloper Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:59 am

If I submitted 48 hoax articles. I think I could do better than only getting 7 of them published in pay-to-publish vanity journals. And this is Boghossian's second try at it in two years too.

This nonsense isn't worthy of being mentioned in the same paragraph as the Sokal hoax.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:17 am

I think what Affilia printed ( the mein kampf chapter 12 rip off) is different to Sokals effort.

It went one step further by not just demonstrating a lack competence but also a very clear social bias hilighting a radical element in the social fields

Either way this stuff should worry us all

Return to “The Reds Ramble”