2018 Tour de France - doping at its most blatant

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Obarizk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

2018 Tour de France - doping at its most blatant

Postby Obarizk Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Tonight the final procession stage of the Tour de France with be completed and Gerriant Thomas will be crowned Tour de France champion, or as it should be stated, the king of the dopers. Sadly see a rider transformed late in career into a rider capable of winning the Tour de France has no other explanation than he has been on the dope in a pretty big way. Passing drug tests is relatively easy as has been proven many times, so sadly the sport which Lance Armstrong and many others have cheated to dominate is still full of drugs.
I would rather stick my head in a bucket of shit than watch cycling these days with the stench being so bad.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: 2018 Tour de France - doping at its most blatant

Postby blahblah Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Not sure on this. Thomas has been in strong positions to win Grand Tours over the past three years but crashed or had to back-off to support Froome. I watched the entire Tour and it was a professional and calculated play by Team Sky as opposed to any individual performance by Thomas.

I was just sad when Riche Porte crashed and broke his clavical on Stage 9. I supported Mitchelton-Scott throughout the Giro d' Italia and Simon Yates almost took it and was hoping they could go one better in France. Still, it is great to see an Australian team being rated as one of the World's best.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: 2018 Tour de France - doping at its most blatant

Postby blahblah Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:09 am

simon Yates has taken the Red in Spain going into the first rest day, albeit with a lead of only 1 second. Still, the Mitchelton-Scott team are looking solid at this early stage of the Vuelta. Incidentally two of the 9 stages thus far have been taken by Australians, albeit from other teams.

Return to “The Reds Ramble”