Anyone on here been to Hawaii?

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Anyone on here been to Hawaii?

Postby bpowell454 Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:47 pm

My wife and I are heading to Hawaii in the off season with our 2 year old son. Anyone on here been before/recently? Got any good recommendations on things to see or do? or any travel tips for Hawaii at all?

I've been to the US mainland a couple of times so I'm aware of state taxes and tipping etc.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Anyone on here been to Hawaii?

Postby blahblah Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Oddly enough, no. For some reason I always end up in the more random spots in the Pacific via Fiji or Guam.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Anyone on here been to Hawaii?

Postby RedTide Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Yes - a number of times. Avoid Waikiki at all costs - its full of fat, loud American tourists (from elsewhere in the US) and Japanese tourists taking pictures of themselves and everything is horribly expensive. Go to the Big Island for a helicopter tour of the Mauna Kea volcano and stay on either Maui, where the 5 star resorts are located, or Kauai, (pronounced like Hawaii but with a K at the front) , which is jaw-droppingly beautiful and everything that you imagine Hawaii to be.

As a by-the-by, Waikiki beach is the most disappointing beach that you will ever visit and Honolulu airport looks like it was designed in Eastern Europe. Otherwise, enjoy!
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Anyone on here been to Hawaii?

Postby bpowell454 Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Yes - a number of times. Avoid Waikiki at all costs - its full of fat, loud American tourists (from elsewhere in the US) and Japanese tourists taking pictures of themselves and everything is horribly expensive. Go to the Big Island for a helicopter tour of the Mauna Kea volcano and stay on either Maui, where the 5 star resorts are located, or Kauai, (pronounced like Hawaii but with a K at the front) , which is jaw-droppingly beautiful and everything that you imagine Hawaii to be.

As a by-the-by, Waikiki beach is the most disappointing beach that you will ever visit and Honolulu airport looks like it was designed in Eastern Europe. Otherwise, enjoy!
Haha thanks for the tips redtide. I'll do some googling.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Return to “The Reds Ramble”