President Trump --(can't believe I wrote that ...)

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

President Trump --(can't believe I wrote that ...)

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Well that is a shock to wake up to...

After Brexit, and the annulment of the Austria Presidential election results I was sort of expecting this but wishing/hoping for Clinton.

Too many people not satisfied, not happy, scared and uncertain of their kids and their own future.
Too many promises broken, too many lies, half truths and dirty deals.
I understand that people have had enough but why do we always seem to move to the right?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: President Trump --(can't believe I wrote that ...)

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:52 am

Damn it! I was in a comp with my mates to see who could go the longest without finding out!

I thought WATRs would be a safe haven for me!

Well Reds Ramble was sure to have something.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Have to hand it to him.

He may be a sexist, racist, chauvinistic bigot, but the people have voted him in in a land slide.

That's democracy for you.

Interesting times ahead.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:27 pm

The interesting thing is the youngger generations voted against the far right movement just as they did in brexit. With that in mind i feel there is still alot of hope in the world as long as these generations stay strong and are not groomed to fear anything that is different.

I really dont think trump can screw things up much at all, everything has to pass through congress. Sure trump can take the country to war without consulting congress, however congress can elect not to fund a war and stop it dead in its tracks.

The odds of trump leaving his term early in some kind of scandal is likely and there is no way he can carry out all these crazy things he has promised during the election.

What is scary is the idea that people seem to be against trump but behind closed door agree with the things he says....very scary.

Bernie was never going to beat hilary in the primaries but if he did he would have killed trump in the election which i find ironic.

Just my personal oppin but sanders would have done some amazing things.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Interloper

Postby Interloper Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:47 am

I really dont think trump can screw things up much at all, everything has to pass through congress. Sure trump can take the country to war without consulting congress, however congress can elect not to fund a war and stop it dead in its tracks.

The odds of trump leaving his term early in some kind of scandal is likely and there is no way he can carry out all these crazy things he has promised during the election.
The Republicans control both houses of congress now.

Also his vice president, who will take over if Trump is forced out, is probably even worse.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:53 am

Also his vice president, who will take over if Trump is forced out, is probably even worse.
I believe they wish to roll back the "Obama Years"...

And Trump may surprise us all.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Yeah they have control of the house but i cannot see them allowing trump to build a wall or deport all muslims. In saying that , there is no doubt there will be a huge swing to the right in regards to how america is governed.

Also trump has a fraud case he has to defend himself against in a few months.

The biggest issue for us how he deals with china, hopefully we do not have to chose between the two.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:42 pm

If Trump goes a bit wild I expect Paul Ryan, who is hardly a Trump fan, to lead congress against Trump. He might even go so far as to negotiate with the Democrats on legislation so that together over turn Trump's presidential veto.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:55 pm

https://youtu.be/uZcentRR7iA

I found this interesting in regards to cenks prediction of the trump era. ( keeping in mind cenk and tyt are very much on the left side of politics )

Cenk makes some interesting points. I thought it was clickbait to start with but then i thought of dictators democratically elected through history and realised its may not be as far fetched as thought.

The premise of cenks point basically was that when trump is in his final year of office staring down the barrel of losing power and having to answer for any potential violations as president how would he react? And how could he hold onto power if he has nothing to lose with the possibility of being presecuted out of office.

Trumps lifelong mantra seems to be when you are in deep keep on digging, this is concerning.

It does sound very similar to a certain gaius julius caesar who found a way to become roman consul and then dictator of rome to avoid debts and crimes commited as a roman general. Im a firm believer that history always repeats itself. Time will tell
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Hmm i actually googled, " trump and caesar" to see if people have made similar comparisons and sure enough they have....only difference is the authors of these articles seem to think having a julius caesar in a,erican politics is a good thing.

Im not sure what history books they have been reading..
Aikhme
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby Aikhme Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:12 pm

trump's win will be great for America. He gave the marginalized a voice.

He won't be anywhere near as bad as some people say either. I think he is going to do great things and America needed this shakeup of the Washington Ruling Elites.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:25 pm

He won't be anywhere near as bad as some people say either. I think he is going to do great things and America needed this shakeup of the Washington Ruling Elites.
Middle aged white men need a louder voice?

I understand there are many who have suffered as factories have closed down due to jobs going overseas that have resonated with trumps words ( albeit it lack of a solid solution ) but trump has marginalised every american that is not a white middle age man.

He has also just settled out of court for defrauding his own people in the infamous trump college.

Top guy, no doubt there is a gag order on the setllement. How about their voice?

Ahhh damn, why am i giving in the a 442 troll account.
Aikhme

Postby Aikhme Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:31 pm

I understand there are many who have suffered as factories have closed down due to jobs going overseas that have resonated with trumps words ( albeit it lack of a solid solution ) but trump has marginalised every american that is not a white middle age man.

He has also just settled out of court for defrauding his own people in the infamous trump college.

Top guy, no doubt there is a gag order on the setllement. How about their voice?

Trump had more support among African Americans, Hispanics and other minority groups of any republican candidate in recent history.

If you want to talk about the merits of Trump or otherwise then you should refrain from childish labels.

It's not my issue if you don't like Trump. I think there is a lot of merit to his election, and that the world is in much need of a leader just like him.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Trump had more support among African Americans, Hispanics and other minority groups of any republican candidate in recent history.

If you want to talk about the merits of Trump or otherwise then you should refrain from childish labels.

It's not my issue if you don't like Trump. I think there is a lot of merit to his election, and that the world is in much need of a leader just like him.
Like i said, 442 troll account
Aikhme

Postby Aikhme Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Like i said, 442 troll account
Listen mate, I don't know who you are but sounds like you know who I am.

I have no interest whatsoever in engaging in any pettiness or childish behavior. I suggest you do the same.

You should get over it.

As for Trump, it appears we disagree with each other but it doesn't look like you have any clue on what it is exactly you disagree with. You are just swallowing the garbage from the Elite media, without even giving Trump a chance. That's fine! It's up to you really.

But what Trump has achieved is phenomenal, and the SJW City elites bought this upon themselves. You talk about bigotry and lack of tolerance, but the Elite Media never mentioned the same bigotry and lack of tolerance towards the white working classes did they? You coined the term "White Middle Aged Males". The left coined and institutionalized 'IDENTITY POLITICS' and now they don't like the results and what has culminated as a result of this!

This is why Trump is going to be very good for this world.

Return to “The Reds Ramble”