Brexit

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Brexit

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Well ...didnt quite see that coming i always thought the remain vote would win and in my humble oppinion was the smart vote.

Hang on to your hats this is going to a very interesting couple of years ahead of us!!

Market volatility across the world and the threat of a deep correction does not worry me, infact it excites me. Fear in any market is profitable for anyone looking longterm.

What worries me is the swing to the right across europe and add a multiplier known as "trump" into the equation and things may be about to change big time.

Hopefully we can have discussion without the need for a thread lock.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Re: Brexit

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:00 pm

The dutch call for a referendum on the EU in parliment

Scotland looking likely to have another independance vote

Northern ireland independance or an ireland re-unification on the cards.

The UK has 2 years to completly leave the EU, hold onto your hats
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Very surprising move. Makes me believe further that Trump can win in USA.

Where is humanity headed?
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

PM Cameron has stepped down effective October!!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Stuckey you lived in the UK, did you come across any sentiment to leave?

From the outside looking in it seems to me that the recent swing towards leaving the EU has alot to do with the belief that they are importing terrorism with the recent terror attacks and refugees influx which is being floated by the far right across the western world.

If this is true then its a sad day imo. Anytime the public takes a nationalist approach to problems like these and give into fear campaigns it never ends well, particularly in Europe.

I cant think of any other reasons for the leave vote (fear) . The UKs biggest trading partners are all in the EU. basically they have made it more expensive to have the same quality of life they currently have ( it would seem)

The brexit campaigners are already backtracking, saying the 320million surplus a day that is paid to the EU was un realistic as it never took into account the money which came back.

I feel like ive just watched a council worker cut a branch off a tree they were standing on lol
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:36 pm

This English-born Australian has never felt so ashamed of the country of his birth. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. A victory for for small-minded ignorance and bigotry. They will come to rue this stupid decision in the years to come and the sad thing is it will be the young people who voted to remain who will carry the cost.

Worlds greatest power to international irrelevance in under 100 years - what an achievement.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Stuckey you lived in the UK, did you come across any sentiment to leave?

From the outside looking in it seems to me that the recent swing towards leaving the EU has alot to do with the belief that they are importing terrorism with the recent terror attacks and refugees influx which is being floated by the far right across the western world.

If this is true then its a sad day imo. Anytime the public takes a nationalist approach to problems like these and give into fear campaigns it never ends well, particularly in Europe.

I cant think of any other reasons for the leave vote (fear) . The UKs biggest trading partners are all in the EU. basically they have made it more expensive to have the same quality of life they currently have ( it would seem)

The brexit campaigners are already backtracking, saying the 320million surplus a day that is paid to the EU was un realistic as it never took into account the money which came back.

I feel like ive just watched a council worker cut a branch off a tree they were standing on lol
All my friends from there are so shocked this happened. Which goes to show that the age of the brexit voters would be high.
I haven't followed the story real closely but it would be interesting to hear how the leaders of brexit respond to the near crash of the pound.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:27 pm

It's the "wogs start at Calais" brigade "wot won it".
So many half truths and lies from the "leave campaign".

But it's the same shite here in Austria from the far right.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 am

This English-born Australian has never felt so ashamed of the country of his birth. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. A victory for for small-minded ignorance and bigotry. They will come to rue this stupid decision in the years to come and the sad thing is it will be the young people who voted to remain who will carry the cost.

Worlds greatest power to international irrelevance in under 100 years - what an achievement.
Dont be too hard on the country of your birth, it seems only the older generations wanted wanted this too happen. ( there must be quite alot of over 50s in comparison to the rest of the population just like australia i suppose? )

I think the positive thing is that just like australia and the US the youger generations have a more progressive view and are less xenophobic regardless of what side of politics they hail from.

Hopefully for the sake of the younger generations the brits can negotiate some positve terms on exit that still keeps them somewhat bound to the continent. Although i think this is unlikely as the EU will make it hard to deter any further exits
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:27 pm

The ignorance of the leave vote is staggering.
“What’s the EU ever done for us?” Zak Kelly, 21, asks me this standing next to a brand new complex of buildings and facilities that wouldn’t look out of place in Canary Wharf. It’s not Canary Wharf, though, it’s Ebbw Vale, a former steel town of 18,000 people in the heart of the Welsh valleys, where 62% of the population – the highest proportion in Wales – voted Leave.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -ebbw-vale

Meurig Raymond said the EU referendum result had been a “political car crash” and that UK farmers who receive up to £3bn in subsidies from the EU each year were headed into “uncharted waters”.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... mers-union
Conservative divisions over who should succeed David Cameron have burst into the open with the foreign secretary warning Boris Johnson and other Brexit supporters they need to tell voters how they plan to reconcile “mutually incompatible” promises made during the referendum campaign.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ens-brexit

A string of Labour MPs have resigned from the shadow cabinet in a coup against Jeremy Corbyn, triggered by the result of the EU referendum and the leader’s decision to sack Hilary Benn on Saturday night.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... emy-corbyn
Nicola Sturgeon has suggested that the Scottish parliament could block the passage of legislation necessary for the UK to leave the EU.

In an interview with the Sunday Politics Scotland, she said that “of course” she would consider asking the Scottish parliament to vote down the legislative consent motions required for the legislation.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... dum-brexit

It's kicking off...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:59 am

England national team representing their people perfectly! :D
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Brexit

Postby EdDog Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:01 am

It was always going to happen :lol:
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:46 am

Sterling was worthless 8)
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:48 am

Always been over valued!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:44 am

Always been over valued!
The barmy army have previously chanted " we get 2 dollars to the stirling " at the cricket. Pity we are not playing them again we could chant " one leckie is worth 2 sterlings" lol. Probably go over their head though.

Return to “The Reds Ramble”