Foxtel hits back!

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Foxtel hits back!

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:55 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a- ... da51296cbb

Very nice!

I just hope foxtel releases some kind of football only option for their subscription.

Eg, aleague and all BEin channels at a set price via ipad, iphone, smart tv/box.

I could be 100% happy with netflix and a football subscription.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:58 pm

How are you guys watching football these days?

Ive got netflix on my 2 main tv's now to paying foxtel $70 a month for a bunch of channels ill never watch just to have the aleague and beIN sports is just a waste of money.

Foxtel doesnt offer any smart tv apps for sport like they previously did for the premier league on xbox/playstation so that out.

BeIN has no smart tv apps in australia.

FuboTV looks amazing but is nly available in the US so ill need to mess around with a vpn.

Optus has taken the premier league for ransom and try make you buy a bunch of their products just to have access to game, not that i really care for the prem.

How are you guys watching football? I wish foxtel would step into the 21st century and offer smart tv apps for different segments of their service.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Foxtel hits back!

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:06 pm

Ive got netflix on my 2 main tv's now to paying foxtel $70 a month for a bunch of channels ill never watch just to have the aleague and beIN sports is just a waste of money.

Foxtel doesnt offer any smart tv apps for sport like they previously did for the premier league on xbox/playstation so that out.

FuboTV looks amazing but is nly available in the US so ill need to mess around with a vpn.

Optus has taken the premier league for ransom and try make you buy a bunch of their products just to have access to game, not that i really care for the prem.

How are you guys watching football? I wish foxtel would step into the 21st century and offer smart tv apps for different segments of their service.
I had foxtel for years and just couldn't justify it anymore, I was basically only keeping it for HAL.
I currently use my laptop with a HDMI port to watch it on my TV using the foxtel play app and my sister in laws password. If you know a family member or friend that has normal at home foxtel, they have foxtel play included on up to 3 devices. I've used other friends passwords before and most of them hadn't even realised that they had foxtel play included in their plan. If it is 'Telstra foxtel' they might not have access to foxtel play.

The only problem is that it is not HD, but it is better than a stream and its free. Also foxtel play has the games 'on demand' the following day.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Foxtel hits back!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:22 am

I had foxtel for years and just couldn't justify it anymore, I was basically only keeping it for HAL.
I currently use my laptop with a HDMI port to watch it on my TV using the foxtel play app and my sister in laws password. If you know a family member or friend that has normal at home foxtel, they have foxtel play included on up to 3 devices. I've used other friends passwords before and most of them hadn't even realised that they had foxtel play included in their plan. If it is 'Telstra foxtel' they might not have access to foxtel play.

The only problem is that it is not HD, but it is better than a stream and its free. Also foxtel play has the games 'on demand' the following day.
Yeah I've been using my old's foxtel go for years. I actually prefer it to watching TV. If I tune into a game late I can always wind back 30 mins and then skip the HT show!
If there was a way to connect Foxtel Go to chrome or a Smart Tv it would be perfect.
If I ever got fox at home I reckon I'd sell my Foxtel go spots to mates for a small fee which may justify getting foxtel in the first place. Obviously I wouldn't tell my olds this but I'd gladly pay $10 per month to use foxtel go.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Foxtel hits back!

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Yeah I've been using my old's foxtel go for years. I actually prefer it to watching TV. If I tune into a game late I can always wind back 30 mins and then skip the HT show!
If there was a way to connect Foxtel Go to chrome or a Smart Tv it would be perfect.
If I ever got fox at home I reckon I'd sell my Foxtel go spots to mates for a small fee which may justify getting foxtel in the first place. Obviously I wouldn't tell my olds this but I'd gladly pay $10 per month to use foxtel go.
Yeh I offered $10 a month to my sister in law for her password but she wasn't using it anyway so gave it to me for free. I'd happily pay $12.95 a month to fox sports for just Hyundai A League games/highlights live and on demand in HD in a standalone smart app.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Yeah, i have foxtel go also from family but it doesnt cut it for me i prefer to watch it on tv not the ipad.

i guess my best option is to purchase fubotv from the US. hopefully foxtel/beIN come up with a football only app next season as they are seriously lagging behind the crowd now.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Yeh I offered $10 a month to my sister in law for her password but she wasn't using it anyway so gave it to me for free. I'd happily pay $12.95 a month to fox sports for just Hyundai A League games/highlights live and on demand in HD in a standalone smart app.
Yeah i think this is the future. Buying personal rights to different leagues and sports around the world with companies like beIN or foxtel being the middle man.

It blows my mind that you get basically everything you could ask for with a $12 netflix subsciption over 2 devices as far as movies and series go in 4k. but to watch football you really have to fork out the coin
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:04 am

Yeah, i have foxtel go also from family but it doesnt cut it for me i prefer to watch it on tv not the ipad.

i guess my best option is to purchase fubotv from the US. hopefully foxtel/beIN come up with a football only app next season as they are seriously lagging behind the crowd now.
I'm not sure how it works with an ipad but I have it on my laptop and with a hdmi cable can watch it on my tv.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:05 am

Yeah i think this is the future. Buying personal rights to different leagues and sports around the world with companies like beIN or foxtel being the middle man.

It blows my mind that you get basically everything you could ask for with a $12 netflix subsciption over 2 devices as far as movies and series go in 4k. but to watch football you really have to fork out the coin
I guess that is due to the cost of producing that many games of football in different places?
I'm probably given them too much credit here.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Foxtel fail!

I was excited when they released Foxtel now, seemed like finally a genuine streaming service where u only pay for what you watch.

Sports bundle $29 , not bad if a little pricey when you consider it's only one device but I'll happily pay for it and stream from my phone onto any TV in the house ........ where do I sign?!

Sadly the sports bundle is considered a premium bundle so you have to also buy a standard bundle , because that's what all sports fans want right? More Hannah Montana !

Suddenly minimum cost is $44 a month with a bunch of channels most of us will never watch.

I'll just stick to Foxtel go on the in laws account and I'm guessing most sport fans will do similar.

Sports bundle really needed to be a stand alone product or at a least allow us to build our own bundle for example football +f1 with no other sports .... sigh
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Foxtel fail!

I was excited when they released Foxtel now, seemed like finally a genuine streaming service where u only pay for what you watch.

Sports bundle $29 , not bad if a little pricey when you consider it's only one device but I'll happily pay for it and stream from my phone onto any TV in the house ........ where do I sign?!

Sadly the sports bundle is considered a premium bundle so you have to also buy a standard bundle , because that's what all sports fans want right? More Hannah Montana !

Suddenly minimum cost is $44 a month with a bunch of channels most of us will never watch.

I'll just stick to Foxtel go on the in laws account and I'm guessing most sport fans will do similar.

Sports bundle really needed to be a stand alone product or at a least allow us to build our own bundle for example football +f1 with no other sports .... sigh
have you considered going halves with someone... you're able to stream on 2 devices at once?

another plus, is that it's in 720p

I considered this option, but I'm lazy & Foxtel is just too convenient
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:49 pm

I have Foxtel go through family at the moment.

Previously had a fully optioned Foxtel account , but since getting NBN Netflix is the obvious option for a fraction of the price.

I bet Foxtel now is in 720 which would be another nail in their coffin. 1080 HD is not anything amazing these days and many streaming services are now offering 4K.
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:38 pm

I bet Foxtel now is in 720 which would be another nail in their coffin. 1080 HD is not anything amazing these days and many streaming services are now offering 4K.
yeah it's pretty pathetic really isn't it... so far behind the 8 ball, it's not funny
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:50 pm

It seems Foxtel fail has really taken off on twitter since their servers went down due to everyone wanting to watch game of thrones , I should have trademarked it.
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:24 pm

It seems Foxtel fail has really taken off on twitter since their servers went down due to everyone wanting to watch game of thrones , I should have trademarked it.
ha

Return to “The Reds Ramble”