FIFA 16

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

FIFA 16

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:19 pm

Its that time of year again when people shelve out $70-$100 on another FIFA game only to probably be disappointed. So anyone here picking it up? :lol:

As a mainly career mode player, FIFA 15 didn't really make me want to pay for it, I gave it a miss, and so I have been playing FIFA 14 for about 2 years now. That being said, I think its time for an upgrade, and I'll be getting FIFA 16.

#DeathToUltimateTeam
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: FIFA 16

Postby bpowell454 Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Ill be buying it again, I mainly play career too and sometimes online against friends. I always find that target and dick smith have the best prices for games the first couple of weeks they are released, after that they tend to go up.

Hoping they add the FFA cup to career mode and also add some more national teams to the asian confederation. Sick of playing world cup qualifiers against India and NZ. Also hoping for better transfer system in career too.

Im on xbox one, gamertag-

bpain454
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:46 pm

yep, I'm a sucker (in for another year) - haven't missed too many since 98.

preordered a digital copy & have the whole week off work. go to melbourne on the tuesday for the cup game, come back to sa & download fifa wednesday night... best week ever!

fifa 15 on the current gen consoles is beautiful. it has a few flaws, but it is the most complete fifa in my opinion. lots of little things, that most people probably don't give a shit about; but I love the finer details. like: marks on the grass, dirty kits, epl tv broadcast (16 will have the bundesliga as well) etc.

I have high hopes for fifa 16!

I'm like you guys, usually play career. however I do play the occasional online game - I have one mate that I've played 80 odd seasons against. I was also lucky enough to play in the "Fox Fans League"

offshorejack on PS4, if anyone's keen
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:26 pm

demo drops tomorrow or wednesday (depending on what platform you're on)
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Ill be buying it again, I mainly play career too and sometimes online against friends. I always find that target and dick smith have the best prices for games the first couple of weeks they are released, after that they tend to go up.

Hoping they add the FFA cup to career mode and also add some more national teams to the asian confederation. Sick of playing world cup qualifiers against India and NZ. Also hoping for better transfer system in career too.

Im on xbox one, gamertag-

bpain454
Yeah for 12, 13 and 14, I bought it off ozgameshop as it was the cheapest, albeit the waiting times for delivery sucked. Was going to do the same this year as they had a promotion for like 25% off pre-orders, but it was for 48 hours only and I forgot about it aha, would've got it for like $60. But I pre-ordered mine today from JB Hi-Fi for $79, they ship a day prior to release, so at least I won't have to wait like 2 weeks to get it like I did with ozgameshop aha.

I haven't played an A-League career mode in ages, but if it has the FFA cup than I'll give it a go.
I've been playing a career mode with Racing Club in Argentina, enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting. Hopefully Brazil's league is in it, I'd imagine the Copa Latam (EA's version of the Copa Libertadores) isn't that great without the Brazilians ahaha.
yep, I'm a sucker (in for another year) - haven't missed too many since 98.

preordered a digital copy & have the whole week off work. go to melbourne on the tuesday for the cup game, come back to sa & download fifa wednesday night... best week ever!

fifa 15 on the current gen consoles is beautiful. it has a few flaws, but it is the most complete fifa in my opinion. lots of little things, that most people probably don't give a shit about; but I love the finer details. like: marks on the grass, dirty kits, epl tv broadcast (16 will have the bundesliga as well) etc.

I have high hopes for fifa 16!

I'm like you guys, usually play career. however I do play the occasional online game - I have one mate that I've played 80 odd seasons against. I was also lucky enough to play in the "Fox Fans League"

offshorejack on PS4, if anyone's keen
Sounds like an awesome week man! :D

I'm hoping as I've skipped FIFA 15, the combined additions in career mode over the past two iterations of FIFA will make it awesome for me ahaha
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Sounds like an awesome week man! :D
yep, the timing of the draw couldn't have worked out better for me - already had the wednesday, thursday, friday off... adding the monday & tuesday was a no brainer. this is only my second away trip too, so needless to say I'm effing pumped!
I'm hoping as I've skipped FIFA 15, the combined additions in career mode over the past two iterations of FIFA will make it awesome for me ahaha
yeah, I reckon this will be the case man!
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:01 am

I'll be picking it up on PC again this year (hopefully on the cheap from the Mexican origin store). I like all modes but found myself mainly playing FUT in 15. Excited for the new FUT Draft mode, that looks really cool. Just waiting for the demo to drop so I can try it out.
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:36 am

demo's up on psn store now
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Can't find it on Xbox One yet, not that my internet speed would allow me to download it anyway -_-
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Can't find it on Xbox One yet, not that my internet speed would allow me to download it anyway -_-
:(
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:32 pm

FIFA 16 Demo:

EA Sports always release a playable demo for the upcoming edition of the game, last year for the FIFA 15 the demo was release on Xbox One and PS4 at the same time on 10th September 2014.

Update: EA Sports confirmed that XboxONE will get the playable demo first which will be available through Xbox Marketplace. The release date of the demi is 09/10 September 2015.

The demo is free and once released you can download it through Xbox marketplace or FIFA origin for PC download. We will update this post with more information closer to the release dates.

What is included in the demo ?
The details of what will be included in the FIFA 16 demo is also revealed. Here is some of the confirmed info from EA Sports so far.

2 Women teams (USA & Germany)
8 club teams (Chelsea FC, Manchester City, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Borussia Mönchengladbach, PSG, Inter Milan, River Plate, Seattle Sounders FC)
Stadiums (Borussia Park, Santiago Bernabeu, CenturyLink Field)
You can play kickoff match of 4 minutes half with weather rain/dry plus day or night settings.

I guess xb1 arent getting it first after all and not even at the same time as the ps4 :(
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 pm

I skipped 15 as i figured id buy a ps4 soon but havnt got around to it.

Trying to decide if i should upgrade to 16 on ps3 or just wait till i get my ps4. When it comes to shopping im so freaking lazy
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Old gen and current gen are pretty much different games, you should wait :)

I got the demo on PC last night. It feels like a pretty big step up from last year. Thank christ it's slower so pace isn't such a factor, feels much better and smoother with a focus on the passing game. You also usually need to be facing the way you're trying to pass for it to be accurate.

I thought crossing/heading was going to be OP after conceding a few early but just an anomaly I think.

Overall the animations and faces are great, the players have their individual styles i.e. Willian feels completely different to Hazard when dribbling.

The vibration in the controller when you bump into players is a nice touch and puts you in the game a bit more.

Loving the FUT draft mode demo, that's going to be lots of fun, a good chance to try players you wouldn't normally.

The womens game was fresh and felt completely different in a good way, keen to try out the rest of the teams.

To me this seems way better than 15 and I'm going to buy for sure.
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:48 pm

For those who career mode only players and you have FIFA 15, you might wanna skip 16, its not gonna much different. Apart from player training, everything else is pretty much just fluff additions or fixes that should have been there anyway.

PRE-SEASON TOURNAMENTS
During the summer months, all the major clubs travel around the world in preparation for the upcoming season. In FIFA 16, we are introducing this key development period to Career Mode. Prior to a given season, your club will be invited to three out of a possible nine tournaments, played in Asia, Europe, Latin America, or North America.

Just as with real football clubs, these matches will be a great opportunity to work on your team tactics and line-ups before the start of the regular season - use all your subs to test squad players. The prize purse from these tournaments gets allocated to your transfer budget for the upcoming season.

PLAYER TRAINING
A footballer trains between matches to improve as a player. In FIFA 16, managers will be able to train their squad to increase player attributes and boost player development. Each week, select up to five squad players to train from a number of training drills, each focused on developing specific attributes.

The aim here is to allow for greater growth in youth squad players and to create more value to the club. Focus on your star players to keep a strong starting XI, develop youth players to increase transfer values and build your funds, or transform your club into the next Ajax or Barcelona, a breeding ground for the future stars of world football.

STORY OF THE SEASON
FIFA 16 will fully immerse you in the story of your club’s season. Our commentators will remark on key storylines, including notable player or team performances, big player debuts, and transfer rumours. In-game graphics and commentary will also pick up on interesting team stats for matches, and reference the wider context of league standings.

OTHER KEY CHANGES TO CAREER MODE
*Sign free agents outside of the transfer window.
*Scout Reports - After scouting a player reports are available to you now for an entire calendar year before expiring vs three months in FIFA 15.
*Transfer Budget -Transfer budgets are now more realistically tailored to the club you're using in Career Mode. Also, a percentage of the remaining budget from the previous season will carry over to the next. and will vary based on where your club finished in regards to season goals.
*Loans - Short loans have increased from three to six months and there is now an option to issue two-year loans.
*Global Transfer Network - A new tab allows users to filter all the players that have been fully scouted. Users can also get details on a player’s Overall Rating, value and wage without needing to take an extra step in the menu.
*Friendly Subs - You will be able to issue an unlimited number of substitutions during friendly matches.
*More Realistic Transfers - While the transfer window is open, we have tuned the number of ‘high-profile’ moves by big players to better match the number of changes that typically happen in the real-world.
*Improved Player Transfer Values - We’ve addressed values of players to better match the real-world transfer market.
*And much more...Not
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:15 am

$64 at JbHiFi, Big W and Target for the standard version. Happy fifa day!

Return to “The Reds Ramble”