ABF? < > WTF?

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: ABF? < > WTF?

Postby sevengoals Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:09 pm

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:40 pm

The "love it or leave it" bit is a particular sticking point for me.

It has to be one of the worst stickers i constantly see on peoples cars. Do people really think what that term means or does it just sound good and makes them feel warm and fuzzy about not being a minority?

To me that term is the complete opposite of what this countries values are based upon. It more or less ( to me) says " the aristocrocy has spoken, fall into line ."

That term is usually followed up by people saying " my family have fought and died for our country and its traditions." ORLY so democratic values are not something this country was founded on ?

Sorry got off topic
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

The "love it or leave it" bit is a particular sticking point for me.

It has to be one of the worst stickers i constantly see on peoples cars. Do people really think what that term means or does it just sound good and makes them feel warm and fuzzy about not being a minority?

To me that term is the complete opposite of what this countries values are based upon. It more or less ( to me) says " the aristocrocy has spoken, fall into line ."

That term is usually followed up by people saying " my family have fought and died for our country and its traditions." ORLY so democratic values are not something this country was founded on ?

Sorry got off topic
You are not off topic.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Thought this was somehow relevant and easily the best thing ive read in 2016

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016 ... dneys-west

Ive been learning alot about attatchment theory recently and how it carries over into adult life. What this amazing person experienced is so far beyond that.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “The Reds Ramble”