BigBash

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

BigBash

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Is anyone into it? just saw Mel hosting and instantly made me angry at cricket.
But seriously the boundaries are so close it's almost impossible not to score 6 every shot!
It's like Football making the goals twice as large and no offsides, it ruins the game.
Give me test match any day over bright light and nsimulated noise cricket with no tactics
EdDog

Re: BigBash

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:43 am

Love test match cricket but agree that this game is just crap.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:18 pm

The abl (baseball) is my second league of choice to attend.

Bloody cheap especially if you attend a double header.

People don't realise there are players who have major league experience and other who are on the verge of breaking.

Not to mention One of Australia's most decorated players peter molyan, who come home from the states to play and support the league.

He is a big time pitcher in the states, played big games for the braves and dodgers not to mention play off experience.

Big bash to me is such a plastic game, I'd rather watch wwe raw
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:45 pm

I should really get around to a few more local sports. I've always wanted to support the 36'ers but basketball just does interest me.

So I guess Adelaide has a team in the ABL?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:13 pm

I should really get around to a few more local sports. I've always wanted to support the 36'ers but basketball just does interest me.

So I guess Adelaide has a team in the ABL?
They are balled the adelaide bite and play at Norwood oval which is the traditional home of baseball in this state. Back 30/40 years ago crowds of 20k were not uncommon believe it or not.

They are playing a home series this weekend Saturday night double headers are the best night to go for atmosphere and feel of the game.

They can get crowds of up to 1500 people so it's a fair atmosphere..... Probably best suited with a few mates and a few quiet beers before a big night.

Have taken a few mates there previously who know nothing about the game and they thought it was a perfect way to start your Saturday night pre drinks or even just for a quiet one.

Buy hey I'm a tad biased , I grew up with the game .

I've gone to the ice hockey a few times, good for a bit of thuggery hehe
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Sounds really cool. When you say double header - what exactly do you mean by that? 2 games from the same Adelaide team or different divisions or what?

Re the hockey, mate is a huge fan of NHL and goes to a few Avalanche games.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Same teams plays twice in a night.

The league works the same as the American style. So this weekend I believe they are playing Sydney so they will play a series of 4/5 games over the weekend and at some stage dduring the season they will head over to Sydney and play a series identical but obviously away.

The teams may differ slightly each game and the pitcher will definitely be changed .
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:02 am

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was referring to "The Big Day Out" or some other music festival down there.

We all know that Test cricket is the games purest, highest form.
Especially Ashes Test cricket.

I use to go to the night baseball at Norwood Oval occasionally when I lived in Adelaide.

I even played for my Primary school and High school after seeing a film about the great Babe Ruth one Saturday afternoon and being inspired when I was still at Primary school.
That year i wished for a baseball bat and I actually received a Louisville Slugger.

Brings back memories now.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Was the film "The Sandlot Kids"?

Love that movie lol.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Was the film "The Sandlot Kids"?

Love that movie lol.
It was the "The Babe Ruth Story"-1948

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040142/
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:16 am

I tried sitting through a game (IPL) on the box and within 8 overs had switched over to the Discovery Channel to watch puffins on the Faroe Islands.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:44 pm

I tried sitting through a game (IPL) on the box and within 8 overs had switched over to the Discovery Channel to watch puffins on the Faroe Islands.
arghh shit, I always miss the puffins docos!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:29 pm

:D

No Roots, No Growth!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:13 am

I went to the game tonight between Adelaide and Perth. It was OK without ever reaching any great heights.

Adelaide Oval is coming together well but I hope they get the upper decks of the members stand better supplied in the future.

I've generally disliked the way T20's have been pushed but I think the league has a lot of potential. Particularly if administrators realise that a lot of the terrible rule changes designed to make one day cricket as exciting as the most prolific 20 overs are unnecessary for innings that are only 20 overs long (comically shortened boundaries are first up against the wall.)
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:29 am

I went to the Adelaide Sydney game not long ago. As a test match cricket fan I find this actually boring. Sure sixes and wickets are entertaining there is no substance to it.
Its kind of like ABC breakfast news compared to Sunrise. IMO its only a matter of time before celebrities start making squads. Give me 8 hours of test cricket anyday of the week!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “The Reds Ramble”