Camera geek help

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Camera geek help

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:27 pm

I know there are a few guys around here who know a thing about camera so i may aswell give it a go in here.

Im looking for a nikon f mount fixed lens that is fast and will give me a focal length of around 60mm or less ( that is with a 2.7 crop factor )

Basically ive been playing around with a nikon 1 v2 , great fun and perfect to travel with !!

Problem is my 10mm f2.8 with the one inch sensor does not give me that nice buttery blur in the background ..... I knew what i was getting into before i purchsed it so its only a small gripe.

Any ideas in regards to old lenses that might do the trick?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Camera geek help

Postby sevengoals Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:45 pm

You would be looking at a 35mm.
The 28mm would be too short.

I have the Nikkor 28mm F2.8 and the Nikkor 35mm F2 (amongst other Nikkor prime lenses) but I have no idea what they are like on a digi camera as I shoot film.

You'd have to test to see what f stop gives you the best bokeh and it also depends on light, subject etc.

But I suppose that is the thing about digi photography, you can shoot to your hearts content and sooner or later you bound to get one. :D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 am

Im really looking for something like a 50mm prime, but as you can imagine it makes it incredibly hard to find a full framed lens with the 2.7 crop factor.

Means i would need a lens no more then 20mm ....makes it freeking hard!

I just realised there is a 18.5mm f1.8 nikkor lense ( cx mount ) thats native to my body. Basically makes it a fast 50. ... Exactly what im looking for !!

Just not so sure about investling in to much glass that cannot be transferred to my next camera grr.

Oh and i ended up taking your advice on the old forum, film was alot of fun. But way to hard taking it to full manual mode trying to learn the craft and getting photos back a week later lol.

It was definetly alot of fun though
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:02 am

Does it take one week to have a film processed in Adelaide?

Surely not.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:00 pm

I had a whole lot of monochrome film given to me ( is that what its called? purely black and white film ? ) it took a week for them to send it out get it developed then be sent back.

Probably a blessing in disguise though. Teaching yourself the rules of photography as you said on film is a bit of a headache.

BTW is your work still on display in Vienna? i may be passing through in march depending on circumstances
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Monochrome is the correct term for B/W
Who did you use to process your film?

Atkins, according to their info, process B/W film twice a week.
There are some more places here,
http://www.analoguelab.com.au/analogue-in-adelaide/

There is nothing hanging at the moment (maybe in Feb) but if your going to be in the area get in touch(PM) and we'll meet up for a coffee/drink if you like.

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:56 pm

will do :)

Basically it comes down to if i can convince the Mrs its a good idea to rent a car from Milan to Frankfurt and take a good few day on detouring further east........... much rather do this then fly :D

Return to “The Reds Ramble”