A Blatant Plug..."The 60 Bim" Eyes On-Month of Photography

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

A Blatant Plug..."The 60 Bim" Eyes On-Month of Photography

Postby sevengoals Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:36 am

If anyone is in Vienna...

:)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-60-B ... 8322095798

"Bim" - Viennese slang for Tram.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: A Blatant Plug..."The 60 Bim" Eyes On-Month of Photograp

Postby Old Gregg Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Looks brilliant 7G, sorry to say I won't be in Vienna any time soon!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Cheers, Old Gregg!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:49 am

Great photos sevengoals! A little tram with so many stories to tell.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:57 am

Great photos sevengoals! A little tram with so many stories to tell.
Thank you bundibundi.

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:02 am

Epic bump i know, i remember you used the L35AF. Ive been holding out for one recently and i gotta ask how did you manage to take these shots on a tram with R2D2's noisey cousin.

Such fun cameras but so noisey!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Epic bump i know, i remember you used the L35AF. Ive been holding out for one recently and i gotta ask how did you manage to take these shots on a tram with R2D2's noisey cousin.

Such fun cameras but so noise !

Wow! Now that was a surprise. To be honest shin, I never really thought about the noise the camera made. The trams themselves can be noisy so that covers the rumbles the camera makes. Actually I changed over to digital last December. I had had enough of explaining to people why I still work with film.
After 15 years my resistance was over. I purchased a Nikon d750 last December and I am so happy with it.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Wow! Now that was a surprise. To be honest shin, I never really thought about the noise the camera made. The trams themselves can be noisy so that covers the rumbles the camera makes. Actually I changed over to digital last December. I had had enough of explaining to people why I still work with film.
After 15 years my resistance was over. I purchased a Nikon d750 last December and I am so happy with it.

B)
Nice!

Im doing the opposite actually, ive decided to only take film with me on my next trip ( driving through rural thailand for a month )

Ive dipped my toe in and purchased a canonet ql17 rangefinder and a canon af35m ii point and shoot. Been messing around with them recently and absolutely love it!

Its the simple things like being stuck with the same speed film for 36 exposures that ive really enjoyed its made me use my brain a bit more.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:30 pm

B)
Nice!

Im doing the opposite actually, ive decided to only take film with me on my next trip ( driving through rural thailand for a month )

Ive dipped my toe in and purchased a canonet ql17 rangefinder and a canon af35m ii point and shoot. Been messing around with them recently and absolutely love it!

Its the simple things like being stuck with the same speed film for 36 exposures that ive really enjoyed its made me use my brain a bit more.
And here i am still using my phone smh....ahaha

Seriously tho, recently I've been thinking about getting into some photography as a hobby and I've been thinking about buying a camera, do you guys have any recommendations for a first one that would be good to play around with or is it something i can't go wrong with?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:11 pm

B)
Nice!

And here i am still using my phone smh....ahaha

Seriously tho, recently I've been thinking about getting into some photography as a hobby and I've been thinking about buying a camera, do you guys have any recommendations for a first one that would be good to play around with or is it something i can't go wrong with?
Thats a really ambiguous question tbh.

It comes down to what you want to shoot, budget and how much weight you want to lug around.

The sony rx100 is probably the best point and shoot with a great lens. More then enough for people who want to take some good snaps or as a back up camera for someone a bit more serious. Look at getting one of the older models as they are much cheaper but the difference is minor.

If you want to go a bit deeper then look into a second hand mirrorless olympus om-d em10 and a couple of prime lenses. They are fantastic cameras with great lenses to choose from. The sensor is big enough for low light photography as well as creating enough depth of field ( lens permittig ofcourse)

Mirrorless cameras are basically the same as dslrs just without the pentaprism viewfinder, instead they have an electric view finder so they are much smaller and lighter.

What ever you do, id say just buy second hand gear thats a few years old cheaply until your clear what kind of photography you enjoy because i guarantee your first camera will not be your last.

Hmm i don't feel like i answered your question at all lol.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:58 pm

I've have some work hanging in the VHS Hietzing for a few weeks.
The title is "Teilhaben", loosely translated "to share".
I spent time with some people from Balance, a day centre for people with disabilities, here in Vienna and I documented them at work.

A friend put a selection of images together in a short on you tube.

It is my first exhibition made with a digital camera.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:04 am

Fantastic 7g !!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:18 am

Fantastic 7g !!
Thank you Shin.

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Re: A Blatant Plug..."The 60 Bim" Eyes On-Month of Photography

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:27 am

7G , when you shot film did you scan your own negatives?

Ive absolutely fallen in love with film and decided its time to go from consumer scanner to professional level scanner to get the most out of my film. just wondering what your methods were or did you have a good lab close by?

Im absolutely smitten with my voigtlander bessa R2a and my Nikon 28ti. Ive barely touched my digital cameras in a year infact I have no idea what the current "best" digital camers on the market are these days lol.
sevengoals

Re: A Blatant Plug..."The 60 Bim" Eyes On-Month of Photography

Postby sevengoals Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:02 am

Very good Shin.
Film will never die!

In the beginning I tried scanning negatives myself with various scanners with varying degrees of success but I realised quite quickly that it was time consuming and also at times frustrating when you inexplicable got strange marks on the file from the scanner and you had no idea why.
And scanning whole films was also long and tedious so I gave it up quite quickly and left that work to my fellow professionals.

When I still worked Analog in the digital world I would have had my films scanned in a development/scan package at Cyberlab Vienna,
Mid-range scans at 18mb per image on Cd Rom and also downloadable from home.
Easy at around €11.30 per 36 exposure film.
This way I had 36 x 18mb digital images saved as JPEG that I would do some additional work on and still have good image quality for screen and media printing.
I often had prints made up to 30x40cm with the scans and they were fine.
If I needed anything bigger I would have the negatives scanned individually up to 100mb and saved in Tiff.
There is also a "Pro-scan" level, which I have used for special stuff.
When one has had both scans done one sees the difference.

If you were scanning medium/large format film I would consider pursuing it but not for 35mm.
Nice cameras by the way!

But I have to admit I am still well and truly in love with my two Nikon D750 bodies.
Just lovely cameras to work with!

B)

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “The Reds Ramble”