Who is going to the Brazil 2014 world cup?

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Whos going to the brazil 2014 world cup?

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Ok so starting the planning now. Flight plans will be available over the next couple of months so anyone going I suggest get in early!

Going regardless of whether Aus qualify and hoping to get a ticket to the final - any idea on the likelihood, cost and avenue of acquiring a finals ticket? Im guessing its near on impossible and will cost several hundred/thousand....

As for the rest of the time, would it be worthwhile travelling around the country or will it just be far too hectic?

Am I better off just going to the World Cup and saving a scenic trip to the rest of SA for another time?

This really is going to break the bank.....
If Australia qualify i think its best to get a packaged deal with one of the fan groups they offer fantastic value and camaraderie, you will not have to worry about connecting bus trips , hotel rooms, etc. But choose wisely and do your research it would suck to be with a group of louts for a month long pub crawl.

Id say forget any ideas about going to machu pichu or any other well known tourist attractions if you dont like crowds before or just after the cup everyone else will have the same plans.

Id say try find a nice strip of coast to follow in uruguay pre WC or something, avoid the crowds.

But i think Bundibundi may be the guy to talk to in re to this.

I had originally planned to go but plans change. Id have just got back from istanbul/ jordan/ europe . With new found passion from the national team i may just regret this decision.

everyone who actually goes must post up any photos or videos, or face permanent ban i say!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

This is a bit of a guide for ticket prices based on the South Africa WC. But if they do have the TST-7 package again (Three group matches, one round of 16, one quarter-final, one semi-final and the final) does that mean I will be guaranteed a ticket to the final?

Because if so I'm buying that package ASAP.

Has anyone got any idea how hard it is to get tickets? Would the package deal places be able to get me a similar deal? I really just want to see the Aus games if they make it but more importantly the final.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/so ... tches.html
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:06 am

Hey shin - any idea on groups that do these package deals? I am not keen for a month long pissup as you mentioned.

I know of GG Army and The Fanatics but I'm not aware of any others.

I also want to stay for the length of the tournament and try get a ticket for the final regardless of how the Roos fare.

Would there be any your groups that provide that kind of deal??
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:28 am

im not 100% sure.

I dont think any groups are actually releasing any packages until Australia actually qualify. Try going on youtube and looking up what each group did in south africa, they tend to have fairly detailed day by day logs and you get a feel for what type of experience they offer.

Go speak with a few travel agents as they should be able to help you find the right package.

The thing is with travel agents is they get alot of dreamers come in for quotes and never actually go on trips. The second a travel agent tells you to look something up on the internet or is unwilling to find certain information for you just get up and find yourself someone who is willing to earn your business

Also www.tripadvisor.com is truly EPIC for planning your trip!!

The amount of user reviews and photos for practically every hotel or tourist service in the world is incredibly handy. Ive found some absolute gems from user reviews that cost me far less money and gave me a much better experience.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Apparently tour packages such as GGArmy etc will not be able to include match-day tickets as part of their package.

FIFA is not authorising third parties to sell tickets for Brazil 2014.

Individuals will need to purchase the tickets themselves on the FIFA.com website.
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:34 am

Australian Sports Tours

I believe these guys used to do fox sports travel.

This is what they did for South Africa:

Packages: The Ultimate 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Experience is $9,995 per person based on twin share including:
- Sixteen (16) nights’ accommodation
- Australia v Germany – Category 1 match ticket
- Australia v Ghana – Category 1 match ticket
- Australia v Serbia – Category 1 match ticket
- Spain v Switzerland – Category 1 match ticket
- Brazil v Ivory Coast – Category 1 match ticket
- Round of 16 (potentially Eng v Aus) – Category 1 match ticket
- Round of 16 (potentially Ger v USA) – Category 1 match ticket
- All coach travel throughout and match day transfers
- Commemorative merchandise
- Exclusive FOX SPORTS TRAVEL functions hosted by FOX SPORTS personalities such as Robbie Slater and Andy Harper
- Kruger Game Park drive
- Access to Sun City Resort for 5 days
- Durban township tour

if I can find a similar sort of package for brazil for under 10 large... I'm in!
Last edited by offshorejack on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:20 am

I think it's these guys who just released their package for Brazil and its around 16k individually or around 11k each for twin.

Although I don't think it includes tickets - we'll need to buy them separately.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Wow seven and a half grand and you have to sort out your own tix and flights. So accommodation and transfers cost seven and a half grand?

I wouldn't be surprised if we could do it for half that by our selves.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Just having a very quick look I think if you booked it ourselves flights and accommodation could be taken care of for around $5,000. IMO that Aus sports tours is a scam if flights and tix aren't included. I'm not sure how good the welcome party is going to be but there better be champagne and caviar for that price!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Im a huge advocate of planning trips myself and not taking a packaged deal.

But imo, for something like this you are far better off with the packaged deal.

Imagine the horror of thinking you had a nice 4 star room sorted out to find it was a complete shit hole in the slums and every other hotel in the country is booked out, then you try shake it off and arrive at the first match to find that your tickets are actually counterfitted even though you thought you got them from the fifa website you had somehow been lead to a dodgy page and scammed.

For me there are just far to many things to go wrong at such a big event like this when you plan yourself. Id rather pay the extra bucks and know that all i have to worry about is my own experience and if something still went wrong it is the companies responsibilty to fix it.

I really hate to think how many ppl get scammed each wc as a result of trying to save a couple of bucks
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:43 pm

From what i can see in regards to flights, coming from adelaide ....

Emirates is is the cheapest and most direct with 1 stop over being in dubai.

Or for a hundred bucks more you can take qantas/ Lan airways combo from adelaide --> sydney --> santiago , chile ..possibly take an extended lay over here and explore another part of sth america ( or on the way home) ---> arrive in rio, brazil.

Dont read to much into prices of flights atm , booking a year in advance is suprisingly not sucha good idea.

For example last year i got return ticket from milan for 1680 with emirates, booking 5 months in advance, if i booked the same trip but a year in advance i was looking at the base rate of 2500 ish.

If your just looking for the cheap direct but comfortable route, i reckon wait it out and book emirates. They now fly direct from adelaide to dubai daily at 10:35pm and most flights are half empty , you literally get 3 seats to yourself to lay down. So prices are prone to slip when time gets closer
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:46 am

Im a huge advocate of planning trips myself and not taking a packaged deal.

But imo, for something like this you are far better off with the packaged deal.

Imagine the horror of thinking you had a nice 4 star room sorted out to find it was a complete shit hole in the slums and every other hotel in the country is booked out, then you try shake it off and arrive at the first match to find that your tickets are actually counterfitted even though you thought you got them from the fifa website you had somehow been lead to a dodgy page and scammed.

For me there are just far to many things to go wrong at such a big event like this when you plan yourself. Id rather pay the extra bucks and know that all i have to worry about is my own experience and if something still went wrong it is the companies responsibilty to fix it.

I really hate to think how many ppl get scammed each wc as a result of trying to save a couple of bucks
If people are silly enough to do that then they haven't got much chance in life!
I have heard though of many of these tours being just as bad if not worse then what you are talking about. Big on promises but little of delivery.
I just think if you add together the package mentioned I'm not sure where the other 3 or 4 grand would go after you pay for accommodation, transfers and a welcome party.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Different people will benefit from different approaches. I live and work in developing nations so don't have any real problems sorting things out myself in these types of countries. In South Africa it was a matter of pre-booking some accomodation and hiring a car (we already had tickets for 7 games). The rest of it was pure adventure and turned out to be great fun.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Blahblah in your experience, would it be hard to get a ticket to the final??
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:53 am

Blahblah in your experience, would it be hard to get a ticket to the final??
Yes. The final has a lot of dignitaries, corporate seats etc etc that are already allocated. Then there are the seats allocated to the two sets of fans (who have purchased competition long tickets - ie your ticket is valid for as long as your team stays in the competition).

The remaining publicly allocated seats are then subject to huge demand. You can go into the lottery system however chances aren't great. Still, it's worth giving it a go as you never know your luck.

Return to “The Reds Ramble”