Urban Exploration

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

terry tibbs
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Urban Exploration

Postby terry tibbs Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:58 am

Eli's Tomb is around Walkerville somewhere, close to the Torrens. Went there once, stumbled on the place. Walls were covered with awesome graffiti.

https://sites.google.com/site/badooleoo ... d/elistomb
Man, I was way off - thought it must've been around one of the reservoirs in the hills. Have to have a poke around one of these days.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:29 am

Yeah I'm very interested in this sort of thing... the hidden spaces in & under the city (a bit too much of a pussy to go romping around in tunnels and abandoned buildings and stuff on my own though). I found an old discussion thread about tunnels and things around Adelaide here:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread211740/pg1
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
the croar
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Daniel Bowles

Postby the croar Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Pitter patter goes the rain on the window, pitter patter.
Outside cars zoom up and down, some of them droping down to second to turn right.
On the pavement people hurry and scurry both to and fro.
A clap of thunder, BANG. And some really gusty wind.
Everyone agrees it's a pretty dramatic evening all round.
It's Croar, not Croar!
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Eli's Tomb is around Walkerville somewhere, close to the Torrens. Went there once, stumbled on the place. Walls were covered with awesome graffiti.

https://sites.google.com/site/badooleoo ... d/elistomb
The one with a storm water exit into the Torrens? About 1/2 way up the bank? I've wandered into there.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:57 pm

There was a recent article in the advertiser about a tunnel found in norwood under a cafe , was supposedly to help channel water during times of flood.

This sort of thing does my head in when im in europe, knowing cities are build ontop of roman cities, many churches have secret passages leading to who knows where , not to mention the extensive catacombs in some cities who were heavily bombed during ww2.

Anyone who has ever visited malta and spent time in valetta will know what i mean there would be 100's of passage ways closed of or abandoned dating back from the night of st john, the ottomans and napolean, as valletta is basically a fortress turned capital city.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:21 pm

There was a recent article in the advertiser about a tunnel found in norwood under a cafe , was supposedly to help channel water during times of flood.

This sort of thing does my head in when im in europe, knowing cities are build ontop of roman cities, many churches have secret passages leading to who knows where , not to mention the extensive catacombs in some cities who were heavily bombed during ww2.

Anyone who has ever visited malta and spent time in valetta will know what i mean there would be 100's of passage ways closed of or abandoned dating back from the night of st john, the ottomans and napolean, as valletta is basically a fortress turned capital city.
Malta, take me back there!
I could live at the Café del mar there!
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Malta, take me back there!
I could live at the Café del mar there!

I never knew you visited stuckey!

Its a very special place more me so im biased but there is no other place like it on earth.

A super tiny couple of islands and its the only place you will hear people speak arabic with italian and french mixed in and despite being a european country the landscape more resembles something in the middle east.

Probably the only place you will hear little old ladies saying their hail marys in arabic.

With the friendliest people you could imagine .....apart from super lazy and short tempered haha.

Way to many pompus brits around who looks down on the maltese though ( imo ) .....ahhh take me back!!!!!!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Yeah I loved it!
It seemed to me to be the best of both worlds as far as Europe and the UK.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “The Reds Ramble”