Adelaide united/ sports collectors

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Adelaide united/ sports collectors

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Ok who else here collects the odd piece of adelaide united gear over the season? Or any kind of sporting pieces for that matter?

I love collecting, i try not think of a monetry value something might have, instead i like things that might have a memory attatched to it ,

I have
-74 socceroos replica jacket signed by the squad included rale rasic (saldy not johnny warren though)

-nathan burns signed adelaide united shirt

-adelaide united ball signed the 2009/10 squad including vidmar and flores (he arrived late in the season)

-2010 aufc champs league scarfe

-nike soccer ball signed by lucas neil

-vivas flores t-shirt signed by flores

-ive had every membership card over the last few seasons signed by who evers face was ln them.

- i have very recently brought the original pencil artwork version of this limited edition print of bruce!! Its a tad over a metre tall and signed by big bruce himself
http://www.jamieosborne.com.au/communit ... 736360.jpg

Have some signed baseball shirts and cards but dont expect anyone here to know who those guys are .

Whats everyone else got?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Re: Adelaide united/ sports collectors

Postby Agostinho Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:32 am

Have some signed baseball shirts and cards but dont expect anyone here to know who those guys are.
Local ball players or the real ones?
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:37 am

Aussie players who have played in the majors

Best one would be mike huttons signed new york yankees home shirt

Would really love a ball signed by peter moylan though
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:23 am

Ok who else here collects the odd piece of adelaide united gear over the season? Or any kind of sporting pieces for that matter?

I love collecting, i try not think of a monetry value something might have, instead i like things that might have a memory attatched to it ,

I have
-74 socceroos replica jacket signed by the squad included rale rasic (saldy not johnny warren though)

-nathan burns signed adelaide united shirt

-adelaide united ball signed the 2009/10 squad including vidmar and flores (he arrived late in the season)

-2010 aufc champs league scarfe

-nike soccer ball signed by lucas neil

-vivas flores t-shirt signed by flores

-ive had every membership card over the last few seasons signed by who evers face was ln them.

- i have very recently brought the original pencil artwork version of this limited edition print of bruce!! Its a tad over a metre tall and signed by big bruce himself
http://www.jamieosborne.com.au/communit ... 736360.jpg

Have some signed baseball shirts and cards but dont expect anyone here to know who those guys are .

Whats everyone else got?
Wow! :o
I have a ball signed by the entire Adelaide City 93/94 Adelaide City NSL championship side. My Auntie used to get here hair done by Mori's wife and she when to a fundraiser with them and won it in as a door prize. She'd never even heard of Mori or Adelaide City so she gave it to me! Score!
Time to Djbate!
ade-qpr
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby ade-qpr Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:07 pm

have a cap and either scarf or home shirt of each A league season signed by all the players who played for United bar 2 players. Plus cap from 1st season signed by some of the players.
Have a couple of go you reds t shirts signed by the squad that made Asian Champ Final plus home shirt signed by the last Asian Champ squad.
Also 45 years worth of QPR programs, countless Australian Rules stuff and some motor sport.
Any body have a spare program for 1st 2 games of 2003 to sell?
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Yankees booooo! :D

Speaking of Yankees, Pat Kelly lives in Adelaide.

Also I vaguely remember back in the 90s Mark McGwire used to spend a fair bit of time in Adelaide in the offseason as his partner at the time was a local girl.
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:54 am

Yankees booooo! :D

Speaking of Yankees, Pat Kelly lives in Adelaide.

Also I vaguely remember back in the 90s Mark McGwire used to spend a fair bit of time in Adelaide in the offseason as his partner at the time was a local girl.
Your right about pat kelly, he manages the adelaide bite here during summer, people dont realise some of the talent and connections held in the new national league. For example the bites second basemen played 30 games in the seasons major league.

I cant remember his name but a yankee catcher now lives in adelaide... Read it in the paper

Im a loose braves fan though ( can remember world sefies growing up watching chipper jones and john smolts ) so peter moylan would be my big collection scalp i think
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:37 am

i treasure my half and half scarf from the ACL final. and i have a T.Dodd Spawning Salmon shirt signed by the great man that i treasure. other than that, just my membership pins that i can never part with!

oh and my ticket stubs from the 1-0 GF loss, and the 1-4 win :D

Return to “The Reds Ramble”