FIFA 12

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Shane
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: FIFA 12

Postby Shane Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am

FIFA 12 | EA SPORTS Football Club Tutorial

Shano. Red to the core.
Adrian

Postby Adrian Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:56 pm

You have to think about defending now, not just rely on AI.
:(
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:37 am

anyone played the demo yet?? downloaded it today but have to go to a BBQ tonight and probably wont get a chance to play it / will get home at 1am blind and not be able to figure out the controls.

god damn social life getting in the way of gaming... not happy.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:45 am

anyone played the demo yet?? downloaded it today but have to go to a BBQ tonight and probably wont get a chance to play it / will get home at 1am blind and not be able to figure out the controls.

god damn social life getting in the way of gaming... not happy.
Its good but I suggest listening to the defending tutorial closely as defending takes some practice in this game.

After a while I got use to and was able to appreciate the new impact engine, skilled dribbling and new ball physics much better.

Can't wait for the full game :D
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:16 pm

You have to think about defending now, not just rely on AI.
:(
you can switch to the traditional (legacy) method of defending.
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:17 am

loved it. a few bugs to be ironed out before release, its a bit laggy (PC version), keepers take forever to kick out the ball out and its going to take a bit to get used to the defending, i found myself chasing a player down and pressing standing tackle from about 20 metres away... but wow as a whole it feels much more realistic. i love the fact that if you have a decent passer he will curl the ball around the opponent rather than just kick it into him, and through balls are a lot more creative (though i think these came last year? never played the console version of 11). impact engine works great. just need to figure out how to configure my controller for the PC... right stick didnt work and the little flick on past the defender with a strong fast winger like leckie or emerton is my favourite move. just under 2 weeks til the full version is released!
Shane

Postby Shane Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:52 pm

I may have to download this demo.
Shano. Red to the core.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:50 am

I love the fact i knew i didnt have to pre order it because there was a high chance of my partner having it waiting for me when i get home.....she gets it ahhhhh. Lol

First impression...au vs mv , archie tho,pson was first play offside ......twice.. Lmfao so super realistic.

I play on world class difficulty setting, got thump as barca vs sheffield wed 7-1 in a 20 minute game lol

You have to think so so much more with this version, even your attacks need to be better thought out because you need to know that if you lose yhe ball in an attack that you have cover to defend.

I found using the counter attack tactic is best when u you start learning this new version, which is something else i noticed.......game tactics now have a bigger influence on your match, as soon as you differ from say a barca style to a counger attack you notice the difference immediately.

Calling over a defender is now a little awkward, you have to press r1 due to the extra selection of tackles , but ill get used to this.

I love being able to pull attackers shirts.

Proof that the aleague is growing is the player ratings, i remember when a player ranked over 60 was a star , now the mid 60s is the norm.

All in all i freaking love the game, but its not something you can now play light heartedly you really need to think about your defending as pulling 1 defender out of position to win the ball or miss timing a tackle can be very costly.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:51 pm

any ps3 users feel free to add me: davidbloop

loving this game so far
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

At the risk of opening myself up to ridicule from the proper gamers ... do you reckon the Wii version will be any good?
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:19 am

Old Gregg - the last Wii port I played was 08, and it was my first Fifa. It was fine for what it was, but once I got my head around the ps3 controls for 09 and then 10, it just doesn't compare.

I understand the game is deeper now on the Wii then it was back then, so it's probably not a lost cause just not as fleshed out as the bigger 2 consoles.
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 pm

from reviews I've seen the Wii version is not nearly as good as the PS3 or 360 versions.
Mr. Happy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid.
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We're not full of convicts...

Postby Mr. Happy Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:24 pm

FairlyGallant if any of you fine gentleman want to add me on thine PS3.
Cats, Sex and Nazis that's why they call me Mr. Happy!
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:48 am

i had to laugh today playing FIFA 12. SvD's signature celebration after a goal if you don't control it is running to the crowd and pointing to his name lol. i could just imagine Serg sitting at home playing as himself on FIFA thinking, 'bam, ima gonna do that on Friday!' lol.
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 pm

has anyone added any custom chants/songs for aufc? i've added the entrance music, we are the army, and the generic united chant... but i cant find any others (of decent quality anyway). does anyone possibly have any recordings?

cheers

psn id: offshorejack

Return to “The Reds Ramble”