FIFA 12

General non-football related discussion.
Keep it clean!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: FIFA 12

Postby shinAUFC Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Almost got shrewsbury into the prem farken lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bundibundi
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby bundibundi Sat May 05, 2012 4:28 am

This game irritates me to no end. I still havent managed to wrap my head around the defending completely. At times I nail it, other times I completely misjudge the tackle and make myself look like a fool. It really is an art to get the defending right. I made myself a little UCL and lost 5-0 against Bohemians as Barca, only to win the next game against Manchester United 3-1.

Has anyone mastered the defending yet?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat May 05, 2012 9:55 am

The key is not tacklng unless you need to , fill the space and force them into a tough pass.

When they have the ball at the very front of the box dont move your last line defenders to the ball keep them in position, it only creates gaps.

Also pressing x when defending cwuses the defender to press without being to aggressive or try using the jocky button
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sat May 05, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm slowly getting there, but fark me I've hit some rough patches along the way.

Also - the AI is a bitch in this. The number of games I've dropped points in the last 5 minutes with a sublime oppositions cross and goal is getting a bit much.

bundibundi - I think managing the X and O buttons is key to defending. I've made less effective slide tackles in 3 seasons of this than I would make in one game in Fifa10. Like shin said, manage the space rather than the ballplayer.
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Sun May 06, 2012 10:03 pm

i've gotten Burton Albion into the Championship :) only have half a squad too - don't have the money to pay a full squad. i really should of invested in youth academy but i feel it's too late now. i focus on cup games to earn the dosh to loan in quality players.

the defending is tough, but i enjoy it. seems realistic to have to hold your line like shin said to do. i never use the jockey button, i kinda feel like i'm cheating coz i'm not the one do the work... does anyone else use it? is it affective? is that why i get turned easily :P

something i'm trying to remember but rarely use is the use of the double team. situations definitely arise where it's useful!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun May 13, 2012 3:39 pm

i've gotten Burton Albion into the Championship :) only have half a squad too - don't have the money to pay a full squad. i really should of invested in youth academy but i feel it's too late now. i focus on cup games to earn the dosh to loan in quality players.

the defending is tough, but i enjoy it. seems realistic to have to hold your line like shin said to do. i never use the jockey button, i kinda feel like i'm cheating coz i'm not the one do the work... does anyone else use it? is it affective? is that why i get turned easily :P

something i'm trying to remember but rarely use is the use of the double team. situations definitely arise where it's useful!
Thats not the jockey button.

When your jockeying you are controlling which way the players shuffles, if you then press x aswell the computer tries to inch closer and closer to close the ball down

What formation do people play?

I mostly play a counter attacking 451, score alot of goals feeding the striker with back to the goal and try trick the defender as to which way i turn and then shoot
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:18 am

My nephew got a Wi for Christmas and for his Birthday he got Fifa 12.
He brings it up and we play.
It's great.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “The Reds Ramble”